This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001), not possible to add to Homey

Comments

• scoczscocz Member
    yay! @caseda helped me fix it! thanks :)

• scocz said:
    yay! @caseda helped me fix it! thanks :)

@scocz good to hear!
    What solved it?
  • After posting that much about your problem, it would be nice to do something back for the community and reporting your solution here  :D
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    This should work for Versions 2.5 - 2.8

Make sure your to be added Motion Sensor is properly Reset, Even after you deleted it in homey:
    Hold B-Button until Yellow LED light turns on.
    Release and press once short, the LED will now turn Red (with small delay) and then turn Off.

When adding your motion sensor, add it in Association Group 3.
    After your inclusion you can add any of the parameters, Except for 1 to 12.
    These will "brick" your sensor in always alarm mode.

When you added your Parameters you need to wake up your sensor. (or wait 7200 Seconds)
    Even without any added Parameters wake it up also.

Now to see if it works, it needs to be without any motion for at least 30 Seconds.
    This can not be altered (at the moment) because its the Parameter 9 which chooses this length.
  • scoczscocz Member
    caseda said:
    This should work for all Versions, not tested with the new Z-Wave Plus though:

Make sure your to be added Motion Sensor is properly Reset:
    Release and press once short, the LED will now turn Red (with small delay) and then turn Off.

When you added your Parameters you need to wake up your sensor. (or wait 7200 Seconds)

Now to see if it works, it needs to be without any motion for at least 30 Seconds.
    This can not be altered (at the moment) because its the Parameter 9 witch chooses this length.
    ^
  • Thanx for the feedback @caseda ;
  • caseda said:

Is that a Homey problem or the sensor itself?
    I changed some of those settings for the sensor connected to my other controller without any problem.
  • With V3.2. caseda said:
    This should work for all Versions, not tested with the new Z-Wave Plus though:

Make sure your to be added Motion Sensor is properly Reset, Even after you deleted it in homey:

This can not be altered (at the moment) because its the Parameter 9 which chooses this length.
    With V3.2. it is not working for me. I have to put group 1-5 to 1 and it works. My problem is that whatever I put to zwave wake up and configuration seem not to work. I put wake up to 60, but no effect.
  • @Fire69 ;
    I think it's a problem from within Homey, looks like they don't send those Parameters Correctly to the sensor which puts it in alarm mode, and thus triggering the constant alarm.
    And a full reset is needed of the Motion Detector.

@Vagabond
    I will look into the v3.2 maybe this evening, other wise tomorrow.
    Can't test anything though i myself only have the v2.7
    Just my 2 cents, keep the wakeup interval not that low, it doesn't need to wakeup that many times, wakeup is just to configure the settings, and see if the sensor is still alive.
    motion, lux and temperature are send on a different note.
  • Can someone Confirm my assumptions?:

It looks like v3.2 has thrown around with the Association Groups compared to 2.5 - 2.8 (stated as 2.7 from now on):
    3.2 Group 1 =
       2.7 Group 3
    3.2 Group 2 (Motion Z-Wave+) & 3 (Tamper Z-Wave+)
       are new because of Z-Wave+
    3.2 Group 4 =
       2.7 Group 1
    3.2 Group 5 (also the "second 4" in the Manual) =
       2.7 Group 2

So instead of adding it to Association Group 3, when adding, add it to Association Group 1.

According to Manual:
    For the Alive, Lux and Temperature, add a "1" (without quotes) in Group 1.
    For Motion, put in a "1" (without quotes) in Group 2 & 4*.
    For the Tamper, put in a "1" (without quotes) in Group 3 & 5*.

(Be careful though, Tamper and Motion trigger the same Alarm status, just like v2.7.)

* Note: Group 4 & 5 aren't really needed to add a "1", because homey is compatible with Z-Wave+ and these are just for the Backward Compatibility of the formal Z-Wave.

BUT: Because it works like this in 2.7.. don't add ANY "1"s to the config, and just add it to Association Group 1 when adding.
    Add wanted Parameters, if you have any, and Wake up the sensor.

The 30 Seconds (default) alarm cancellation is the same as v2.7
    don't know if homey can configure it properly in v3.2 Sensor.
    But for testing purposes, first see if it works without changing and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Looks like you're correct on this according to the manuals. Seeing the questions on the forum, yesterday I picked up a 2.7-device (thanks for the service domoticawerkt.nl) and started playing with it. Great catch on the first 12 parameters @caseda BTW. However, other parameters don't work as they should either. I had the following parameters set during the night:
    40,2,40 (illumination report threshold to 40)
    42,2,1200 (illumination send every 20 minutes)
    62,2,900 (temp measurement every 15 minutes)
    64,2,900 (send temp measurement every 15 minutes)
    with a 7200 second interval.
    * Temperature has been send every 7200 seconds,
    * Illumination hasn't been send (but hasn't crossed the threshold according to the data)
    * alarm worked as expected (with 30 seconds interval)
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch Same results with my v2.7 sensor and the same parameters.

Strange thing is that some parameters are updated correctly (e.g. 80 and 89 with clear visible effect) and above mentioned illumination and temperature parameters do not have a clear effect... 

EXCEPT if parameter 42 is set to 1800... at that setting, Homey shows additional data points outside the wakeup interval at a interval of 2062 seconds (which is 15% off the target setting).

See the (other) forum discussion on the v2.7 sensor and please contribute to the github issue #464

@weejewel ... moderation would have been nice, since we now have about 4 discussions on the same Fibaro Motion sensor
  • Maybe it has got to do with being able to change/set the parameters from within flows, and are these conflicting with each other.(?)

I can't try this at the moment because don't have time/crashed homey (different cause).

But maybe someone else can try to change parameters not from within the setting page (empty it out in here) and change at least one of the (broken) parameters with a flow (in the Then column).
    Does this change the setting page..?

Don't know if someone has tried this already, did not read this on the forums yet.
  • @caseda Just tried with the following flow:

One observation is that the "set configuration card" does not accept 0 as input (for parameter 80 and 89)

After testing the flow, the setting page remains empty...

I will check after next wakeup (currently set to 600) if there is a change is reporting...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    Just tried with 2.7 sensor, that doesn't help. Set temp and illuminance to 90 seconds reporting but no additional reports. I do get two temp-values at the same time now  . Also, as Ted says: the configuration parameters are not shown. Would be nice to have that indeed (and shouldn't the flow alter the specific variable in the datastring @Taco ?)

Setting a parameter to zero should also be possible, also with 42 and 64 for example (turning measurements on and off).
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    I'll make the next Github issue #506
  • caseda said:
    Can someone Confirm my assumptions?:

It looks like v3.2 has thrown around with the Association Groups compared to 2.5 - 2.8 (stated as 2.7 from now on):
    3.2 Group 1 =
       2.7 Group 3
    3.2 Group 2 (Motion Z-Wave+) & 3 (Tamper Z-Wave+)
       are new because of Z-Wave+
    3.2 Group 4 =
       2.7 Group 1
    3.2 Group 5 (also the "second 4" in the Manual) =
       2.7 Group 2

So instead of adding it to Association Group 3, when adding, add it to Association Group 1.

According to Manual:
    For the Alive, Lux and Temperature, add a "1" (without quotes) in Group 1.
    For Motion, put in a "1" (without quotes) in Group 2 & 4*.
    For the Tamper, put in a "1" (without quotes) in Group 3 & 5*.

(Be careful though, Tamper and Motion trigger the same Alarm status, just like v2.7.)

* Note: Group 4 & 5 aren't really needed to add a "1", because homey is compatible with Z-Wave+ and these are just for the Backward Compatibility of the formal Z-Wave.

BUT: Because it works like this in 2.7.. don't add ANY "1"s to the config, and just add it to Association Group 1 when adding.
    Add wanted Parameters, if you have any, and Wake up the sensor.

The 30 Seconds (default) alarm cancellation is the same as v2.7
    don't know if homey can configure it properly in v3.2 Sensor.
    But for testing purposes, first see if it works without changing and wait for 30 seconds.
    Thanks, works with v3.2. when putting 1 on groups 1,2 and 4. Only goup 1 on 1 is not working. However additional reports when putting parameter and wake up intervall are not working. 
  • djefmodjefmo Member
    Reemster said:
    honey said:
    The 0.8.30 supposed to fix this. Did anyone had a luck with this?
    i can add them, but homey don't response when the motion sensor detect motion. Or the Generic Alarm stays On, and never reset.. have no idea if this something what i'm doing wrong, or that there is something wrong with the z-wave function in Homey... I have the same problem with the fire sensors, also alot of failed reports, after a couple of time. (and i changed the interval)
    Same problem here, with a V2.3 device on 0.8.32 firmware of Homey
  • @BasVanDenBosch See my remark on changing settings in the Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor.
    Apparently for at least the v2.7 Fibaro motion sensor, the (2-byte size) parameters have a offset of ~255x (in 0.8.32). 
  • I'm trying to add a new (z wave plus) sensor. After pressing the button 3 times the device is found, some parameters are shared between homey and the sensor. Then it says retrieving interval and after 15 secs homey says "no devices found"... but they did communicate... anybody?
  • The interview went wrong / timed out.

You need to remove the sensor by going to settings > Z-wave > remove a device > 3x press of B-button

Re-add at close distance to Homey
  • And maybe reset the sensor before re-add.
    Video for resetting fibaro motion sensor.
  • I've managed to add the sensor and it works. But I'm not impressed with the sensitivity of the sensor. I'm using it in a room of 5x5 meter and it's set on the center of a wall. But it hardly senses motion further then 3-4 meters. I have to do jumping jacks before it triggers. Healthy though ;-). 

I would like to do a few things;

- When I enter the room (coming home) and it's dark (or dimmed) homey should question me to turn on the hue lights. This when homey is in the 'day modus'
    - When I go to sleep (I trigger the night modus) and I walk through the room at night, I want the sensor to automaticly turn on the 'night lights' and turn these of after a few minutes.

What could be the optimal settings to achieve this? Without draining battery in a week :-) 

• I've managed to add the sensor and it works. But I'm not impressed with the sensitivity of the sensor. I'm using it in a room of 5x5 meter and it's set on the center of a wall. But it hardly senses motion further then 3-4 meters. I have to do jumping jacks before it triggers. Healthy though ;-). 

I would like to do a few things;

- When I enter the room (coming home) and it's dark (or dimmed) homey should question me to turn on the hue lights. This when homey is in the 'day modus'
    - When I go to sleep (I trigger the night modus) and I walk through the room at night, I want the sensor to automaticly turn on the 'night lights' and turn these of after a few minutes.

What could be the optimal settings to achieve this? Without draining battery in a week :-) 

hmm, that's also what I encountered, sometimes it works great, most of the times it doesn't. I wonder if there would be a difference hooking up the sensor to a fibaro homecenter instead of a Homey. Also, can somebody confirm the settings set through the user interface just don't work? Like @bvdbos is suggesting, don't use the gui, but use the command parameters like:

40,2,40 (illumination report threshold to 40)
    42,2,1200 (illumination send every 20 minutes)
    62,2,900 (temp measurement every 15 minutes)
    64,2,900 (send temp measurement every 15 minutes)
  • ingmar said:
    I've managed to add the sensor and it works. But I'm not impressed with the sensitivity of the sensor. I'm using it in a room of 5x5 meter and it's set on the center of a wall. But it hardly senses motion further then 3-4 meters. I have to do jumping jacks before it triggers. Healthy though ;-). 

hmm, that's also what I encountered, sometimes it works great, most of the times it doesn't. I wonder if there would be a difference hooking up the sensor to a fibaro homecenter instead of a Homey. Also, can somebody confirm the settings set through the user interface just don't work? Like @bvdbos is suggesting, don't use the gui, but use the command parameters like:
    As contributing developer I can confirm that the settings in the GUI work fine.
    I once more verified all parameter definitions myself for both the FGMS-001 and FGMS-001-PLUS last month; they are ok!

In addition, I strongly advice not to start using the expert parameters option, unless you know the details behind these parameters (signed and unsigned ranges and when to provide integer values and when HEX); this is all embedded into the App and device driver and details are provided in the hints of the parameters (i).
    The suggestion of @bvdbos is outdated by a series of app and driver improvements.

Most common issue is that the settings are not updated: therefore, when updating the device parameters, the advse is to follow these steps: 
    1) prepare the parameter changes in the GUI
    2) at close proximity to Homey, wake-up the sensor manually (3x press of the B-button)
    3) during the LED turning blue (first 1-3 seconds), press save settings
    4) You should get a confirmation that the settings are saved successfully.

@jimmy_zeropm you could increase (choose a lower value) the sensitivity of the motion sensor.
    I have 2 sensors in my living room on a similar setup, working fine.

In addition, there are multiple reports where Z-wave reports (including motion sensor motion alarms) are not comming through all the time. Athom is investigating this.
    Possible cause can be that some devices are sending an huge amount of reports and therefore reducing the transmission speed / causing queue_full errors (as shown in the Z-wave log). Example (as seen last week) can be a power socket (with a TV connected to it), sending power reports with every 5% power change (for a TV this would mean multiple per second). You could look in the Z-wave logging (Settings > Z-wave > Stuff for geeks) if this is the case.
  • ingmar said:
    I've managed to add the sensor and it works. But I'm not impressed with the sensitivity of the sensor. I'm using it in a room of 5x5 meter and it's set on the center of a wall. But it hardly senses motion further then 3-4 meters. I have to do jumping jacks before it triggers. Healthy though ;-). 

As contributing developer I can confirm that the settings in the GUI work fine.
    I once more verified all parameter definitions myself for both the FGMS-001 and FGMS-001-PLUS last month; they are ok!

In addition, I strongly advice not to start using the expert parameters option, unless you know the details behind these parameters (signed and unsigned ranges and when to provide integer values and when HEX); this is all embedded into the App and device driver and details are provided in the hints of the parameters (i).
    The suggestion of @bvdbos is outdated by a series of app and driver improvements.

Most common issue is that the settings are not updated: therefore, when updating the device parameters, the advse is to follow these steps: 
    1) prepare the parameter changes in the GUI
    2) at close proximity to Homey, wake-up the sensor manually (3x press of the B-button)
    3) during the LED turning blue (first 1-3 seconds), press save settings
    4) You should get a confirmation that the settings are saved successfully.

@jimmy_zeropm you could increase (choose a lower value) the sensitivity of the motion sensor.
    I have 2 sensors in my living room on a similar setup, working fine.

In addition, there are multiple reports where Z-wave reports (including motion sensor motion alarms) are not comming through all the time. Athom is investigating this.
    Possible cause can be that some devices are sending an huge amount of reports and therefore reducing the transmission speed / causing queue_full errors (as shown in the Z-wave log). Example (as seen last week) can be a power socket (with a TV connected to it), sending power reports with every 5% power change (for a TV this would mean multiple per second). You could look in the Z-wave logging (Settings > Z-wave > Stuff for geeks) if this is the case.
    Thanks ted, I appreciate it. I will try updating the settings again with your instructions. Basically, if there is just one motion sensor connected and only one sensor in total, I would be able to get temperature and/or lux each 15 minutes? I would be able to see that in the insights?

thanks

• ingmar said:
    Thanks ted, I appreciate it. I will try updating the settings again with your instructions. Basically, if there is just one motion sensor connected and only one sensor in total, I would be able to get temperature and/or lux each 15 minutes? I would be able to see that in the insights?

thanks
    I don't know when you added the motion sensor to Homey (SW version / app version). 
    If it is not too much of a trouble, I would recommend to remove the sensor and re-add it to Homey and update the settings as advised; to have a clean slate ;) 

If you set it to be updated every 15 minutes. It should provide an update every 15 minutes.
    Please note that in insights, the value will updated only if the value is different compared to the previous logged value. Throughout the day, with changing brightness and temperature, this should correspond to every 15 minutes.
  • ingmar said:

thanks
    I don't know when you added the motion sensor to Homey (SW version / app version). 
    If it is not too much of a trouble, I would recommend to remove the sensor and re-add it to Homey and update the settings as advised; to have a clean slate ;) 

If you set it to be updated every 15 minutes. It should provide an update every 15 minutes.
    Please note that in insights, the value will updated only if the value is different compared to the previous logged value. Throughout the day, with changing brightness and temperature, this should correspond to every 15 minutes.

I think I added it about 2 months ago, so don't know if major changed have been? I will remove and add it (and f... up all my flows) ;-)

thanks
  • I've added it yesterday. Then removed it because the handshake didn't go well. The re-added it and now it works fine except the motion detection range. I've relocated it to a ceiling but it hardly detects more then 3-4 meters. Settings are adjusted and active. I'm going to experiment with some flows but in this way I think the sensor is useless without a doorsensor combination. 
  • ingmar said:

thanks

So, I did the removal, the official reset of the sensors, adding the sensors again, and added them back to the flows. Honestly, it is even worse now, even with the factory defaults. In the zwave log I see errors occurring like:

ProcessSendData[190]: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

which leads to the GitHub issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1333