This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• @Fire69 No, I'm not able to proof it (yet)  ;)
    Although I observed more crashes / failing motion sensor with an interval of 300 seconds or lower compared to the current 900... Which corresponds to @Ziglar's observations
  • ok, so i have to say, dont touch the statistics(download log) or flow and its pretty stable.

in the meanwhile, 2 days, 2 homey crashes (led ring is luminated, but does not flow, no connection to homey) 

this kind of tells me that the zwave of homey is not yet stable as i have hoped so.
    maybe the @Athom team can check this ?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    With the v2.7 motion sensor (@ wakeup interval of 1200)  I'm getting around 2 times a day a failed connection 'message'..
    Temperature and illumination reports are not becomming visible in Insights (motion still is):

And under settings; the motion sensor shows "(failed)":

Note: I do not have similar issues with the Powernodes connected to Homey...

A restart of the Z-wave chip typically solves this issue.
    LOG id: 3C65B47F43 (after Z-wave restart)

Does anyone have similar experiences? @Taco any advice?
  • Update Fibaro Sensor. 
    It works, only not when temp or illum changes, but when the hourly update is made:

edited May 2016

After this change,  illumination data is also reported in between Z-wave wakeup intervals...

• With 300 seconds interval, illumination data every 7200 seconds = Z-wave wakeup interval at 7200
    • With 1800 seconds interval, illumination data every 2062 seconds (15% offset compared to actual settings, but similar to other reports)

I will start lowering this interval to determine if there is a lower interval where data is still send in between wakeup intervals

No success with lowering the interval (parameter 42)... only with parameter 42 set to 1800 seconds I get additional data points outside the Z-wave wakeup interval (also tested 300, 600, 900, 1200 and 1500...NOK)

Do you have similar experiences (no or limited data reports outside the Zwith this sensor (or other brand because I do not expect it to be device specific)
    Coming back to my previous statement...

Based on some remarks of Robinyoh on Github #492 and @Caseda that parameter 6 has an offset of around 258-268x... I started to test the hypothesis that this also affects other (2-byte size) parameters... and it does (at least on 0.8.32)!

I tested several values of parameter 42 and 64 on my 2 motion sensors today... ranging from 1 up to 30.
    All (2 byte size) values appear to have an offset of around 255x.

So setting parameter 42 (illumination report interval) to 3 will result in an illumination report every 773 seconds (257x).. every 13 minutes. :smiley: 

This also explains that parameter 40 (illumination threshold value; for an sensor positioned in a shady area) as well as changing the wakeup interval appears to have no effect. Setting parameter 40 to a value of 2 Lux.. would mean that with the same factor, only changes in illumination of > 510 Lux will be reported (which is not the case for a indoor sensor positioned in a shady corner)...

So my 'issue' on getting a more frequent illumination report is contained by setting parameter 42 to 42,2,3

See Github #464 Homey not able to receive (multi) sensor data, only with polling or wakeup  and #492 Fibaro motion sensor firmware 2.7 -> alarm wont go off  for more details.

Open questions: 
    1) Applicable only of 0.8.32 or also below?
    2) Similar issue on v3.2 Fibaro motion sensors (expected, but I cannot confirm)
    3) also applicable to other Fibaro devices?
    4) Reproduce setting 40 (illumination threshold) with an outside motion sensor

If other people have the possibility to check above open questions, please contribute the results to Github #464 Homey not able to receive (multi) sensor data, only with polling or wakeup 

@Caseda can you add this to [How-To] Z-Wave Devices?
  • casedacaseda Member
    Don't you just love this community... people coming together to squish nasty bugs.
    I have added (changed) this in the z-wave topic
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    @TedTolboom 
    ok so how is it responding in the past 24 hours ?
     could u share the complete entry ?

• @Ziglar Github #464 has yesterday's data (keep in mind that I updated the settings multiple times throughout the day).

To further understand the issue, I'm running some tests today..

The settings I currently use:
    40,2,2;42,2,3;64,2,1800;80,1,0;89,1,0

40 (illumination threshold) doesn't do anything due to indoor usage (explained above)
    42 (illumination reporting interval) provides an report every 12 minutes
    64 (temperature reporting interval) provides an report every 34 minutes
    80 disable led on motion trigger
    89 disable tamper alarm

Z-wave stability is (unfortunately) not impacted by these parameter changes... I'm still having network crashes... As suggested by @BasVanDenBosch I will do a full reset possibly this evening to see if this is improving the Z-wave stability.

• @Ziglar this is today's illumination reporting. Quite ok for usage.

Please mind that I changed the values of the 2nd (light green) sensor 3 times (8:20, 10:45 and 14:00), including reboots. As of 14:00 also the 2nd sensor reported based on the 42,2,3 setting every 12 minutes.

On the actual issue, it turns out that it is most-likely caused by a byte transformation issue... see Github #464 Homey not able to receive (multi) sensor data, only with polling or wakeup 
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited May 2016
    Okey, so i changed my 2 fibaro's to your settings. 
    results:

edited May 2016
    @Ziglar good to see your results!

In the meantime, @Taco confirmed the cause of the issue with 2 and 4 byte size parameters::
    Fixed in 0.8.33. Thnx guys! Swapped the value bytes for size 2 and 4.
    According to the statements made on Slack regarding the release of 0.8.33 on May 6th: 

Next week will probably happen

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    These are my result of my parameters i put in yesterday evening for if people want to use the lux already before the next update comes around that fixes the issue:
    40,2,1;42,2,11265 (byte flipped -> 5 minutes or 300 seconds)
    It only worked from 01:00 on, maybe this is a sensor thing?
    this is until 18:00.
    but since there are too many updates (301!) i added up all the timings:
    255 Seconds 46x
    256 Seconds 51x
    510 Seconds 2x
    511 Seconds 15x
    512 Seconds 1x
    766 Seconds 5x
    767 Seconds 2x
    1021 Seconds 2x
    1022 Seconds 3x
    1044 Seconds 1x

and the reason for the higher "second" counts is probably because the lux had no difference in them
    even though i put in parameter 40 (lux threshold), i don't think it did anything because even differences in 1 lux were registered.

PS: the big rise is me opening my curtains.
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited May 2016

To further understand the issue, I'm running some tests today..

The settings I currently use:
    40,2,2;42,2,3;64,2,1800;80,1,0;89,1,0

40 (illumination threshold) doesn't do anything due to indoor usage (explained above)
    42 (illumination reporting interval) provides an report every 12 minutes
    64 (temperature reporting interval) provides an report every 34 minutes
    80 disable led on motion trigger
    89 disable tamper alarm
    @Ziglar good to see your results!

In the meantime, @Taco confirmed the cause of the issue with 2 and 4 byte size parameters::
    Fixed in 0.8.33. Thnx guys! Swapped the value bytes for size 2 and 4.
    According to the statements made on Slack regarding the release of 0.8.33 on May 6th: 

Next week will probably happen

@TedTolboom ;
    so basicly value 42 is now  " 42,2,3 " and after the update we should be able to set it to for example 300 seconds " 42,1,300 "  ?

chart from yesterday:

• @Ziglar Yes, that is correct.

If you already want to have the 5 minute interval before 0.8.33 is released, you can apply the settings @Caseda mentioned above: 42,2,11265 (byte flipped version of 300).

see the github issue for other set points / way to calculate these set points.
  • After update to 0.8.34 I get this error when I changed the parameters.

- I have already  rest z-wave network (and re-boot) homey
    - Factory-defaults loaded in sensor (pressing long-time B till yellow, then pressed ones til red-blinks)
    - Add new z-wave device in associate 3

Now I cannot change (add) any of the settings/parameters of my device (FGMS-001 EU V2.7)
  • arthurarthur Member
    @mbalik79 ;

I'm having exact the same problem adding a new out-of-the-box V2.7 sensor the the network. Pairing is okay, but afterward changing any of the properties results in the same error.

Someone already figured out how to circumvent this problem?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @arthur : set the parameter in a flow like this and just press the test-button:

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    apart from the above flow didn't set any re-apply any parameters after the 0.8.34 update. A couple of days ago I placed the sensor further from Homey, connection was lost (seeing the straight line). After the 0.8.34 update suddenly data came coming in.

Don't know what's happening with the battery :o but temperature is reporting irregularly with the 0.8.32 parameter 64 (temp-report interval) set to 22530 (600 sec byteflipped) and no setting for parameter 60 (temp-treshold):
    Sat May 14 2016 07:01:36 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.1
    Sat May 14 2016 07:02:58 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.3 - 82 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:04:58 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.4 - 120 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:11:21 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.1 - 383 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:12:37 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.6 - 76 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:13:51 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.5 - 74 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:14:39 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.7 - 48 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:15:26 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.6 - 47 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:17:08 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.2 - 102 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:19:25 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.4 - 137 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:24:10 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.9 - 285 sec
    Sat May 14 2016 07:25:23 GMT+0200 (CEST),10.8 - 73 sec
    Going to set it to 600 (setting with new firmware) now, see what will happen the next hours.

• casedacaseda Member
    @BasVanDenBosch ;
    Look into parameter 62.
    By default the sensor only measures the temperature every 900 seconds or 15 minutes.
    If you want a report faster then this 900 seconds you will need to change this parameter accordingly. 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    62 was set at 1800 which byteflipped translates to 2055... I can live with these intervals :smile: 
  • casedacaseda Member
    Homey only shows Temps if it has changed at least by 0,1 degrees. 
    So with 62 @1800 seconds the temperature will never change for half an hour because it is not being measured in between. 
  • arthurarthur Member
    @BasVanDenBosch 
    ìs that a known working solution in this case?. It doesn't work in my case (at least the configuration parameters are not reflected in the device settings afterwards)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    caseda said:
    Homey only shows Temps if it has changed at least by 0,1 degrees. 
    So with 62 @1800 seconds the temperature will never change for half an hour because it is not being measured in between. 
    Judging my data it does measure more often (and how else can it detect the 0.1 degrees change?). Bu something to figure out indeed....
    edited May 2016
    Updated to 0.8.34 (with full reset) yesterday.... and as @Caseda mentioned set the parameters with a flow (which was not working ok in 0.8.32) instead of via the device card (working in 0.8.32 but byte flipped)

Set my Fibaro motion sensors to the following parameters:
    40,2,10    Report illumination based on a change of 10 Lux
    42,2,300  Report illumination every 300 seconds
    64,2,900  Report temperature every 900 seconds
    80,1,0      Disable LED during motion detection
    89,1,0      Disable LED during tamper alarm

And the motion sensors are working (almost) as expected; specifically on parameter 40 and 42.

Most likely, I made an error (during the night) setting the yellow motion sensor to 40,2,1 instead of 40,2,10
    Yes, it was late  ;)
  • @Caseda @BasVanDenBosch is battery reporting at your side in Insights? 
    I do have a nice icon now on the device status card... but no reporting in Insights (yet)...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Battery is the purple line in my graph (from 92 to zero and back to 100 for some reason...)
  • Battery is the purple line in my graph (from 92 to zero and back to 100 for some reason...)
    Cool... your light intensity sensor is now charging your battery  B) Which setting did you apply?

Strange that the icon on the device status card is showing 100% and that no data point(s) is visible in Insights...
    OT: It is running (stable) now for more than 10 hrs... Let's start with installing some KaKu...
  • casedacaseda Member
    I had no battery in insight as well. but I don't think battery is very viable thing in insights, and I think that's the reason as well of not being there anymore.
     the decrease will be so slow it almost won't show up (with difference) in insight. 

I do like the small icon much better now for battery 
  • I have the sensor added, but it is not showed in insights. I can not even see the sensor there
  • @mbalik79 When you added the sensor did you set "report to association group" to 3?
    For more background info: [How-To] Z-Wave Devices