This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Meedoen of niet?

Hoi,

Ik ben al een paar jaar smartthings gebruiker,  maar de afhankelijkheid van de cloud en storingen worden een steeds groter probleem. Werken met Home Assistant komt niet helemaal goed uit de verf. Vandaar toch aan het kijken naar Homey, maar er lijkt nog veel belofte te zijn, en nog niet alles is natuurlijk rond.

Vat ik het goed samen als ik concludeer dat Zwave redelijk goed werkt, net als Hue en Harmony. Maar dat Zigbee (ik heb er nog een paar van smartthings) nog niet actief is? Kan ik ergens een roadmap vinden met "voorlopige" timing? Ik begrijp dat het voor een deel ook gewoon geduld is, en dat is niet erg, als het er op een gegeven moment al komt.

(en het lijkt alsof ik nu kan bestellen en er ook nu geleverd wordt, maar dat is toch niet zo?)

Dank voor enige informatie.

Jan-Bart

PS: Niet goed opgelet en dit nooit op kickstarter gezien, maar vind 299 euro nog wel een hoog bedrag, is er een manier om een coupon te krijgen/verdienen? 

Comments

• eehmm sorry, niet goed gelezen, levering voor het eind van Q2, dat kan dus nog 2 maanden betekenen :)
  • 299 is what it is... no discount coupons... unless you wait for a discount at MediaMarkt (once they are available there for retail). And right now, there are a lot of things that don't work as well as they should. The device is very promising, and for geeks who like to experiment, it already offers a lot. But if you're not that much of a geek, and just want to make your home automation a bit easier, then expect Homey to be at least several months away from that status. Personally, given the speed at which Athom is able to fix things right now, I wouldn't expect a fully usable Homey until approximately the end of Q3.

Athom's public timeline can be found here:  https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey
    and a list of all the current issues can be found here: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
    Which just shows that there are a lot of plans, and a lot of stuff that still has to happen.

• Hey,

Thank you so much for the links :) And if the  299 is what is it, that is fine, just checking if there were coupons to be had :)

Yeah, and unfortunately I am too much of a Geek to say no to this experimental phase. And yes: there i a risk that this might not work out to be the solution that I am looking for :)

The only risk I see is the fact that the Hardware might quickly be replaced by something that has solved hardware problems, and its hard to get a feel for the hardware quality at this point. That is my only point of doubt at this point

Again, thanks for the quick response :)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, there are a couple of threads on this forum discussing problems that definitely seem to be related to hardware... for example issues with the IR range. Personally I haven't been able to test IR yet (I only have my Homey for a couple of days, plus I currently can't install the Harmony app due to another software issue), and I'm fairly confident that most issues can be fixed with a firmware update (overall, the hardware appears to be very solid and well thought-out), but yeah, those few hardware issues have be worried as well. I don't expect Athom to be very eager to replace all the currently delivered Homeys with a new and improved model...
    On the brighter side, they should definitely have solved these hardware issues by the end of Q2 (when they start delivering those retail Homeys)...
  • Protip: An overview of features we're working on can be found here on Trello, https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey
  • staan er zat op marktplaats voor 250 kan je er wel 1 vinden
  • superice said:
    Protip: An overview of features we're working on can be found here on Trello, https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey
    Thanks for confirming that the link I posted earlier in this thread, is still correct  ;)
  • Bumblez said:
    Thanks for confirming that the link I posted earlier in this thread, is still correct  ;)
    Oops, I had overlooked your message. My bad!
  • You know what I am really looking for is a link to a backlog of some sorts, preferably on Trello or something similar ;)

Thanks everyone, About to join the geek squad and order one online rather than through Marktplaats, hopefully the waiting time should not be too long

Thanks!

Jan-Bart
  • PauluzPauluz Member
    jvreede said:
    Hoi,

.......... en nog niet alles is natuurlijk rond.

Maar de Homey wel! :smiley: 

• jvreedejvreede Member
    Ok, just to close this loop. Received my Homey a few days ago and have a had a great time since. With the help of this forum its eay to figure out what does and does not work. I am still using some of the smartthings stuff I used to have, but plan on making the transition complete once the Zigbee part of the homey is activated. But so far I got a lot of stuff working :)

So even though it is not a "retail" experience just yet, its pretty close :) Keep up the great work!