This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Visonic PowerMax App (1.1.1)

RamonBaasRamonBaas Member
edited September 2017 in Apps

The Homey App to control your Visonic PowerMax alarm and read the status of door/window/motion/smoke detectors.

Latest available version: 1.1.1

Latest code and description can be found at https://github.com/nlrb/com.visonic.powermax

Version history

• 1.1.1 Fixes for FW changes
  • 1.1.0 Added bypass support, sensor alarm flag, CO sensor support and fixed device flows (flows might be broken and sensors will need to be paired again)
  • 1.0.1 Bug fixes
  • 1.0.0 Added mobile cards, speech, X10/PGM, various fixes & stability improvements
  • 0.3.0 Added flow support, improved pairing feedback, bug fixes
  • 0.2.0 First App store release
  • 0.1.0 Initial release
Supported devices
  • Alarm Panel
  • Door/Window Sensor
  • Motion Sensor
  • Smoke Detector
  • CO Sensor
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice work @RamonBaas looking forward to try it when published! 
  • Looking good, will try this next week.
    Also a great solution for the email en report support visonic is ending this month.
    Who needs them , now we can just make a flow to report . Only power interupt wil not flow... stil need to find the battery comartment in Homey :smile: 
  • Looking good, will try this next week.
    Also a great solution for the email en report support visonic is ending this month.
    Who needs them , now we can just make a flow to report . Only power interupt wil not flow... stil need to find the battery comartment in Homey :smile: 
  • @mruiter good point on the power interruptions. Have my Vera on a UPS, but since Homey is in the living room I'll have to add a UPS there as well...
  • After a power-interrupt Homey will restart and resume starting flows. However, flows which are running (like a timer 23:55 minutes after sunset) will be lost I guess.
  • i saw a nice small lipo ups for usb on ali express. for alarms its vital that flows work even when power is off for me. will try and post a picture when it comes in
  • mmmmm , still not in the app store :(
  • No, it is still in review. Can take a couple of days. Will let you know once it is published.
  • Bought a Powermax+ and an USR-TCP232-T,
    I hope to receive it tomorrow, and I can do some tests for you :smile: 

• The app has just been published, so looking forward to hear how it works for you!
  • Bought a Powermax+ and an USR-TCP232-T,

I dont think PostNL Drives by on Koningsdag or do you life outside NL ?
    Will try to have a look tomorrow Ramon.

• mruiter said:
    Bought a Powermax+ and an USR-TCP232-T,

True, a day later for me then :disappointed: 

• mruiter said:
    Bought a Powermax+ and an USR-TCP232-T,

True, a day later for me then :disappointed: 
    @luccie_007  where did you buy your USR-TCP232-T? Did you buy it in NL? Looking to get one myself to hookup my PowermaxPro with my Homey.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    I bought a couple on aliexpress a few months ago. Also some Esp8266. 
    Less then half the price. Two weeks shipping ofcourse from chinatown

And sorry @RamonBaas still dint seem to get some spare time to test your amazing app
  • @mruiter: no worries. I know somebody is using it as I have received some crash reports already :blush: . So will need to do some bug fixing this weekend.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016

Will need to do it soon, Visonic is stopping its IPMI support so in a few weeks you don't receive any more mails from the Powermax that alarm is turned off / on / failure because battery etc etc.
    So you're app is Da Bomb :D

• phrixosphrixos Member
    I've got a 1st version of a Powermax. Is one of the proposed hardware interface options compatible with this Powermax? 
    http://www.becu.nl/Documentatie/PM installatiehandleiding.pdf
  • @phrixos Good question. It can interface via rs-232 (see section 3.10), but I don't think it supports Powerlink mode.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    @RamonBaas , maybee u know because when i google i get contradicting answers.

My powermaxpro has the dual rs-232 poort print.
    The first is connected to my PowerLink2 module.

Can i use the second port to read out sensor data and arm and disarm with homey and your app ? Some people say it should work other say it only works when you disconect the powerlink module.

if this will not work i will have to use the ttl port i guess.
    but then i need to whip up a new esp8266 with ttl to wifi i guess
  • phrixosphrixos Member
    Thanks. I also doubt that. 
    I'm considering buying a new powermax 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    The manual says : the dual rs232 port will allows you two simultaneous connectio for powerlink, pc or gsm module.
    So lets hope it works :) 

• @luccie_007  where did you buy your USR-TCP232-T? Did you buy it in NL? Looking to get one myself to hookup my PowermaxPro with my Homey.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/251928249259?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Maar levertijd staat op morgen terwijl tracking nummer zegt pakket elektronisch aangemeld.
    En hij omgezet van Franse Chronopost naar China Post.
    Dus zal toch wel ff gaan duren.

• mruiter said:
    The manual says : the dual rs232 port will allows you two simultaneous connectio for powerlink, pc or gsm module.
    So lets hope it works :) 
    The Homey app and a Powerlink module don't work together. The protocol only allows for one master. That will be either the Powerlink module or the Homey app acting as as Powerlink module.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    Sounds are that the TTL port can be used separate from the RS232 ports. Hope that this way the Powerlink and Homey can work together. Because it will take a long time for Homey can be trusted with Alarms.
    It needs a reboot almost every day to let it do its job again.
  • Using the TTL level signals makes no difference. They cannot be used together.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    Grrrrrrr and never the less why do they sell a dual port RS-232 then and mention in the manual that it can be used simultaniously ??
    I'll give it a try a who knows. But if it doesn't i will just test it for the time that Homey will get stable :)
    Preparation is everything :)

• The powermax app looks great, certainly when powermax sensors can be used in flows. 

Is it possible to use a Homey connected Fibaro sensor and activate alarm on the Powermax? Then it's both ways. If not, I must find myself a decent z-wave alarm system so the home is safe separate from Homey.

• @Justjomi It only works one way. There is no way to generate an alarm on the PowerMax via the serial protocol. An alarm can only be triggered by a Visonic sensor.
  • I'm receiving some crash logs from somebody that is using the app and probably doesn't have a PowerMax Pro. I only  have the Pro to test with unfortunately. But for this user a message comes by that is not recognized. Issue should be fixed in the git repo. See https://github.com/nlrb/com.visonic.powermax/issues/2.

If not please help me debugging and send more info to homey.powermax _at_ gmail.com.