This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Update

2»

Comments

• RoelofRosRoelofRos Member
    edited January 2018
    Fire69 said:
    RoelofRos said:
    when you search on 'recovery'  i believe you can find something like this too.

but my personal opinion is to be careful when using something like this posted in a forum post.
    please get it through the support from Athom self.

why???
    imagine that Athom changes the name of their recovery file,  or they put an extra step in their procedure.
    you will use an old procedure with maybe flaws in it, will be disappointed because it will not work or could get some strange result.

so ask the direct line of Athom support to get the latest procedure, or when they posted it on their website or in the forum as a sticky item.
    The procedure I posted is just to do a reset of your Homey, just like when you do a factory reset of your phone, it just wipes the /data partition.
    No need for a recovery file from Athom's servers.

This is the procedure I got from Emile when I had the 'RRoD' when my settings got corrupted...

also got the procedure from Athom:

<removed>

your still downloading and extracting, install  files.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    Which confirms that the original procedure that was posted on this forum by Athom (and quoted by me earlier in this thread), is still valid. Thanks.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Please do not use this procedure without us telling you to.
  • Homey will transform into a tesla car if you do it without permission  :#
  • Does anyone know if the recovery method mentioned by RoelofRos is still usable? At least the file is downloadable.

• Emile said:
    @Banjer ;
  • Emile said:
    @Banjer ;
    Well, since support@athom.com isn't telling me anything but automated responses i have to find my own solution. It's not like it can get any worse, the thing ain't working now, so if the update bricks it... i'll send it back.
  • Please wait the support, and dont think homey is right now essential to be operative h24..u can wait.. i resolved with support the rrod
  • Sommo said:
    Please wait the support, and dont think homey is right now essential to be operative h24..u can wait.. i resolved with support the rrod
    Of course i can wait, but i bought a RETAIL product, so i do want it to just work...
    But i'm having fun trying to hack it. Unfortunately the download won't execute on my Kali box, but i did stumble on the open 1337 port and i can change the color of the ring by telnet-ing to it :p