This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Current status LED Ring

WeatherlightWeatherlight Member
edited May 2016 in Archive
Hi all,

Since i'm not at home all the time, due to work and a girlfriend who also likes to spend time with me as well, i'm not always aware of what Homey is doing at that specific moment. Now, you guys already added a volume slider (Thanks a lot btw!) but wouldn't it be nice to also have some sort of LED status. So that, when i'm not at home testing flows (or rather, creating them) i still would be able to see what Homey's LED RIng is doing at that moment.

Maybe i'm overlooking something since i'm completely new to node.js and javascript programming. If so, please point me in the right direction .  

Comments

• wondering from which actions do you want a status?

and would it not be helpfull to remotely login, get a simple webpage,  and see the items/devices that are failed or the flows that have failed running x times?

for me i will place my Homey in a corner out of site, led ring dimmed, and only concern of the placement of the IR.
  • WeatherlightWeatherlight Member
    edited May 2016
    @RoelofRos : That is a great addition! Would be really helpfull . Back to the original question... What i meant is more or less en updated overview of the LED ring itself. For me, my Homey is also a little bit out of sight (but that has more to do with not wanting any people to break in when they see Homey), so when i'm "working" on it I can't alway's see what the LED ring is doing. Some sort of animation in the (upper or lower) left or right corner of the screen would be helpfull. Or maybe even a dedicated part of the web-interface that, no matter what part of the menu you are looking at, keeps you informed about Homey's current LED and volume status. For me, that would make life a bit easier
  • ok,  would be something nice too.

i am not a programmer but maybe some other 'Homey' get some ideas from this.
  • They already sell that feature here ;-)

I turned the idle mode off, 
    look at her and see yellow and white pulse if I talk to her.
    it is purple when it is updating at night if i sleep. (Red if she briks herself.)
    She glows Blue when I see something for her in the App shop she wants...

All other times she glows, I have LED her blush with my flows. 

there is imho not much more to see that I need that cam on her....  
    (takes room on the screen, many times a tabled, and cpu/network, no thanks for me)
  •  :D 
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    Use a fake RROD (red ring of death) maybe burglars don't break-in then, or a motion sensor and let homey bark like a Chihuahua (everybody is afraid of the little bastards)
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    Menno said:
    Use a fake RROD (red ring of death) maybe burglars don't break-in then, or a motion sensor and let homey bark like a Chihuahua (everybody is afraid of the little bastards)
    A friend of me has 2 Chihuahuas and the "little basterds" are always happy when they see me. They only barked once at me when I was dressed  as papa surf.  :D
This discussion has been closed.