This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Build Homey alarm system

Hi all

I would like to build an alarm System using all z-wave devices, IP camera's with PIR, ring doorbell, Fibaro sensors, Nest smoke detectors, alarm/flash light, geo-fencing etc without buying a separate system like Powermax. With Homey, a unique setup should be possible.

It would be great to here about working setups/ideas used hardware and flows) for a stable system. Great if Homey is down, the basis functionality is still working for detection and iPhone notification.

I look forward for your feedback.

Comments

• JustjomiJustjomi Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for your feedback. That topic started well, but resulted in a discussion if you should use Homey as alarm system.

My question is about the ideal setup, example flows who already use Homey as notification system, usage of surveillance software integration like Xeoma or Synology security agent etc.

To make it reliable, it needs quit some thinking
  • Justjomi said:
    Thanks for your feedback. That topic started well, but resulted in a discussion if you should use Homey as alarm system.

My question is about the ideal setup, example flows who already use Homey as notification system, usage of surveillance software integration like Xeoma or Synology security agent etc.

To make it reliable, it needs quit some thinking
    to make it reliable you also need a stable domotica controller :-)

but begin small,  pick a few ip cams, a few door sensors. 
    which device should trigger what, should the door sensor trigger the ip cam,  or should the ip cam on itself also trigger motion (options of the ip cam). when one ip cam is triggered should all ip cams go to record mode.

when should an device trigger, you could think of profiles like:
    normal day mode
    normal night mode
    alarm active home
    alarm active away
    manual alarm

if there are more members, how to handle configure when one member is at home.

how to be notified, alert on phone, email + alert on phone,  when in home show the triggered cam on a tablet on the wall. should all the lights go on/off/on,  should their be a sound in the house to alarm one that a sensor is triggered.

will you only use Homey,  or use more software and combine their strong points.
This discussion has been closed.