This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• JonJon Member
    Cool @jorden
  • Nice work! Just played a bit whit it. Is it possble to make trigger cards to? Like a trigger when connection is lost, or trigger when cam starts recording.
  • I can make a trigger for when the cam starts recording through the app... not if it happens from outside. Would that be okay?

Or the alternative would be to keep on polling. Will talk to Emile if that is 'acceptable behaviour' for apps.
  • I mean from outside the app. Poling is now possible too, I think. Then I have to use a time-When-card that runs every X-minutes.
  • What a great idea (app)!!! +1 for this one.

I managed to add mij nas. In the flow section it finds my cams.
    Now under settings I enterd my mail settings. When I hit save and try a flow to mail a picture it doesnt work.

When I go back to settings Homey forgot my mail settings.  Is this normal? 
  • Your not the only one. There's something wrong with the mail settings.
  • It is possible to use a different mail module, which does not require entering SMTP settings (because it doesn't use SMTP). Perhaps a better idea to go for that? Only thing is, that it might be difficult to avoid it being marked/blocked as spam (because your Homey does not have a 'valid' address).

I will also rebuild the app for a big part in the coming days, because as of right now there are 2 big problems with it:
    1- if  you add more than one NAS, only 1 will actually work
    2- The session ID might expire. I only use 1 session ID from the start. I will, instead, get a session ID each time I need one and do a proper logout after the command that needs to be executed.

3rd problem is with the email settings getting lost. Not sure yet why, on my 2 Homey's it worked correctly, and it might already be fixed in the latest push on github.

Furthermore, I'm going to try and add more functionaliteit:
    a) Create an Insights log that shows 'recording'
    b) See if I can do start polling all cameras, so every 15 seconds or so it checks each camera state (recording / available) and base triggers on that.
  • JonJon Member
    @Jorden, once installed do apps update automatically? I do expect this, but haven't paid any attention to this so far.
  • PandaPanda Member
    edited April 2016
    @Jon Yes, if you installed it from the appstore. It will check for updates at 6 AM or every 6 hours not sure about this.. But if you installed the app via github then no, it won't auto update.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    @Jon Only through the app store. If you installed manually, you have to update (git pull from your existing directory or a new git clone https://github.com/jordenc/com.synology.surveillance.git)
    And ofcourse, run athom project --install again

Anyways, I just uploaded version 1.0.3 to Github (and submitted to the appstore but ofcourse awaiting approval now).

The new version has some small but very important changes:
    - There now is a 'test' button in the settings menu. This will test your mail settings and display it either being sent succesful, or return the error. If you show me some error codes we probably can find a solution to that ;)
    - I found out why Gmail blocked it, and more importantly, how to solve it. The settings page will show you how but you can already fix this before the new version is published: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and turn it to 'Allowed' (Inschakelen in Dutch).

Settings for using Gmail:
    smtp.gmail.com
    Port 587
    Username: your full @gmail.com address
    (Limited up to 2000 mails per day)

Enjoy!
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    @jorden : So as I suspected... This setting is quite new @google, costed me some time already :-)
  • Great work @jorden , keep it up :smile:
  • JonJon Member
    @jorden, any idea how long it takes before 1.0.3 will be available in the appstore?  (i'd rather not install it from Github)
  • jordenjorden Member
    Emile just mentioned that he hopes today the new submissions/updates will be added!
  • I don' t even have a camera yet... but... already loving the app! Thanks for making it Jorden!
  • jordenjorden Member
    New version is published! @Jon ;
  • JonJon Member
    Cool!
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Got my snapshot running now , thanks 

• Works here!! Great!!
  • posthokposthok Member
    Great work!!! getting closer to shutdown domoticz
  • MennoMenno Member
    Homey (check)
    Synology (check)
    SSS app (check)

camera (I knew something was missing)

My question do you guys have a good/cheap suggestion for a camera??? indoor/outdoor
  • Am using some Foscam FI9828P and are very happy with them.
    Not cheap tho.
  • phbphb Member

@jorden

Works here top !!

• MennoMenno Member
    Looks good and indeed not cheap ARGHHH (184 euro)
    Are you guys also using indoor camera's or just outdoor?
  • posthokposthok Member
    next audiostation app?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Menno said:
    Homey (check)
    Synology (check)
    SSS app (check)

camera (I knew something was missing)

My question do you guys have a good/cheap suggestion for a camera??? indoor/outdoor
    I like and use  Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP for my indoor and some dome Hikvision for outdoor,  all from aliexpress 

• Menno said:
    Looks good and indeed not cheap ARGHHH (184 euro)
    Are you guys also using indoor camera's or just outdoor?
    Also have the Foscam C2 wide angle, some Marmitek and some Alibaba cams. The more u pay, the better the specs and the better the quality.
  • JonJon Member
    Peao said:
    Peao said:
    Installing worked fine, it found my NAS and my Foscam. But the commands seem to get stuck somewhere. When I "test" my flow the little grey wheel in the top left corner keeps spinning. 

DS211j
    Foscam FI8918W
    Its working now.

hi @Peao could you tell how you got this working? I've got it too atm...
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Jon said:
    Peao said:
    Peao said:
    Installing worked fine, it found my NAS and my Foscam. But the commands seem to get stuck somewhere. When I "test" my flow the little grey wheel in the top left corner keeps spinning. 

DS211j
    Foscam FI8918W
    Its working now.

hi @Peao could you tell how you got this working? I've got it too atm...
    I restarted Homey, but this didn't seem to help. All I did was waiting and after a few hours it worked.
  • jordenjorden Member
    posthok said:
    next audiostation app?

Haha,  send me a message with what you would like to do with it and I'll see what I can do. Don't use it myself but perhaps I can produce something next week.