This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Unmaintained] NOS.nl / HLN.be

mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
edited July 2017 in Apps
Ik heb een App gemaakt voor de Nederlanders onder ons. Met deze app kun je de laatste nieuwsberichten van de NOS laten uitspreken door Homey het te vragen of het te gebruiken in je triggers.
Probeer het zelf.
https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.nos.headlines

I've created an app for the Dutch public news organization named NOS. You can ask for the news or let Homey use it in your triggers.

Comments

• Nice
  • Nice, hij werkt goed, naast homey nog wat problemen heeft met lange teksten.

alleen als ik hem test (test knop) in een flow geeft hij wel een kruisje aan? (dat het mislukt heeft te activeren)
    maar toch verteld hij de nieuws items.

Homey FW 0.8.30

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited April 2016
    The callback should either have:
    callback(null, false);     // when something goes wrong (hence the red cross)

or

callback(null, true);     // when all is fine (will give a green checkmark)

It's this line:
    https://github.com/kerkenit/nl.nos.newsheadlines/blob/master/app.js#L44

[edit]Oh, had ook in het Nederlands gemogen bedenk ik me nu [/edit]
  • Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf gedaan.
  • Great app!! 
  • Does this app, and the associated Homey triggers, require that you have your Homey's language set to Dutch?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @Bumblez ;
    Ik verwacht van wel. 
    Hier staat Homey nog op standaard Engels en zal het zo eens proberen. 
  • @Bumblez ;
    It does not. 
    But sounds horrible when homey tries to read it in English instead of Dutch.
    So for listen ability, you do need a Dutch voice
  • Great!!   works fine for me.  
    Google tranlate: 
    What a nice app, which stays with me. I will further test the possibilities, but two minutes after installing I am very happy. Thanks @ mvtk1990 A note; The voice falters when speaking. It seems that Ruben Voice speaks too fast. I'm assuming that this is a different issue. (Already had read about)
    Dutch;
    Wat een fijne app,  die blijft bij mij.    Ik ga nog verder de mogelijkheden uitproberen, maar 2 minuten na het installeren ben ik al heel blij.
    Bedankt   @mvtk1990 ;
    Een opmerking;  De stem hapert tijdens het uitspreken.   Het lijkt erop dat Ruben Voice te snel spreekt.
    Ik ga ervan uit dat dit een ander issue is. (had er al over gelezen) 
  • mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
    edited April 2016
    Bumblez said:
    Does this app, and the associated Homey triggers, require that you have your Homey's language set to Dutch?
    There are also English triggers, but an English voice won't work with Dutch text. (I guess, and didn't set my Homey to English #assumption)

This is the complete list of speech triggers. 
    triggers": {
    	"nl": [
    		"headline", 
    		"headlines", 
    		"laatste nieuws",
    		"lees het nieuws",
    		"nieuws alsjeblieft", 
    		"nieuws alstublieft", 
    		"nieuws aub",
    		"nieuws berichten",
    		"nieuws headline", 
    		"nieuws headlines", 
    		"nieuwsberichten",
    		"recent nieuws", 
    		"recente nieuwsberichten",
    		"recenten nieuwsberichten", 
    		"vertel het nieuws",
    		"vertel mij het nieuws", 
    		"wat gebeurt er in de wereld",
    		"wat gebeurt er in europa",
     		"wat gebeurt er in nederland",
    		"wat is er aan de hand in de wereld",
    		"wat is er aan de hand in europa", 
    		"wat is er aan de hand in nederland", 
    		"wat is er aan de hand", 
    		"wat is er op het nieuws", 
    		"wat is er op het nieuws",
    		"wat is het nieuws", 
    		"wat zijn de nieuwsberichten"
    	], "en": [
    		"news headline",
    		"news headlines",
    		"headline", 
    		"headlines", 
    		"recent news", 
    		"what is the news", 
    		"news please"
    	]
    }
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Okay, I just gave it a try... it does indeed trigger, but reading the Dutch headlines in english makes it completely illegible. It's funny, but not useful that way. Pity...
  • Thx voor de app.
    Het zou handig zijn als de app een soort Push bericht kon sturen als er groot nieuws is.
    En dat homey dan vraagt of je dat wil horen.
  • Nienix said:
    Thx voor de app.
    Het zou handig zijn als de app een soort Push bericht kon sturen als er groot nieuws is.
    En dat homey dan vraagt of je dat wil horen.
    Dit is niet bekend. Alleen de NOS stuurt dat door. Dan moeten ze zelf een app maken, en dat zie ik zo 1-2-3 niet gebeuren.
  • @mvtk1990 ;  Just a question: wouldn't it be possible to make an app where you can put the rss path from the newssite you like?
    I live in Belgium and I like the app but it's news from NOS which has nothing to do with any other country.
    I think there are several people that can use this but since I am not a programmer I don't have the skills to do it

• btwvince said:
    @mvtk1990 ;  Just a question: wouldn't it be possible to make an app where you can put the rss path from the newssite you like?
    I live in Belgium and I like the app but it's news from NOS which has nothing to do with any other country.
    I think there are several people that can use this but since I am not a programmer I don't have the skills to do it

I'm still thinking about this. But i'n not satisfied with that.
    The is an app for Klik Aan Klik Uit, Elro, Action, Blokker, and all they all do the same. Sending a 433 Mhz signal.

So, i want create an ap for you. It probably cost me half an hour. So if you can send me all info for the Belgium news site?
    I have to say I create this app by forking it from https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.webchitect.newsheadlines.
    And changed the rest in one hour, because it wasn't translated into Dutch.

If you send me a logo (500x350) and the news site, I can maybe do it today.

• That would be awesome! The most popular newspaper in Belgium is www.hln.be 
    I will see for that logo
    Thanks!
  • App is almost done, I photoshop the logo myself. 10 minute job
  • mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
    edited April 2016
    btwvince said:
    That would be awesome! The most popular newspaper in Belgium is www.hln.be 
    I will see for that logo
    Thanks!
    It's waiting for approval

• Nice work!
  • For this way i love communities!  <3

Thank you big time!
  • Would it be possible to allow the trigger to be in English and the output in Dutch if both languages are installed?
  • mistercagemistercage Member
    edited April 2016
    @mvtk1990: KONING !! 
    Nice job!
  • fuzzybear said:
    Would it be possible to allow the trigger to be in English and the output in Dutch if both languages are installed?
    You'd have to try. I'll be eager to know if that works.
  • @fuzzybear ; No it won't. 
    The spoken language will always be the same as the user has configured, so make sure to use __() to keep the speech translated.
    More: https://developers.athom.com/api/#/apps-manager-speech-output
  • Maybe something for the future for Athom to enable two languages in the user configuration :wink: 
  • mvtk1990 said:
    btwvince said:
    I will see for that logo
    Thanks!

Any idea when this will be approved? :)
  • btwvince said:
    mvtk1990 said:
    btwvince said:
    I will see for that logo
    Thanks!

Any idea when this will be approved? :)
    Nope, I've 2 other apps waiting for approval. After approval, I've to publish them to te store. So I post it here when I've done that. I saw somewhere it took a couple of days. (Athom main job is not only validating apps :smiley: ) I guess they talk about business days, but I saw also @Emile coding on 1:00 AM.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited April 2016
    Indeed homey english but can speak dutch and visa versa. For example a lot of dutch people have homey set to english but don't mind when news is spoken in dutch. I've the same with my homey that is in dutch when I let homey speak out my movie titles (english) with kodi app sounds really strange

thanks for this nice app and respect for also making an app for our Belgium friends
  • Nice app, works great. But after a reboot the settings are lost. They get back on default 5