This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

1626364656668»

Comments

• jorden said:
    Second homey arrived for me ;)  yay, app developing at the office as well starting Friday ;) 
    What kind of are you develop? 
  • Not a get Homey! :'(
  • Normal is when you hear a feather noise... A loose screw noise is not normal
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Received my homey today. Already loving the details. While updating the purple led ring grows following the progress of the update. Ok Homey seems to react reasonable well like 80% of the time. Commands like lights on are exactly on 50%. Now updating to 0.8.30.
  • brot84 said:
    Normal is when you hear a feather noise... A loose screw noise is not normal
    I guess you mean the noise of a spring. :smile: 
  • jovink said:
    jorden said:
    Second homey arrived for me ;)  yay, app developing at the office as well starting Friday ;) 
    What kind of are you develop? 
    Still working on improving the Onkyo receiver app with 'receiver IP discovery', improving the LG Hombot app with the same. Am going to start on a 'travel time' app using Google Maps. And perhaps some more device-apps in the near future.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    Just got a message from DPD that it will be delivered this morning (United Kingdom). That is a very quick international shipping (2 days). 
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    honey said:
    Just got a message from DPD that it will be delivered this morning (United Kingdom). That is a very quick international shipping (2 days). 
    Wow! That's very fast indeed. I live in the Netherlands, and I haven't even received my Homey yet, nor a message from PostNL that it's on its way (though I did receive the email from Emile and the invoice from Stefan)... so no idea when my Homey will arrive... hopefully before the end of the week...
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    To be fair that service cost 20€, what is not cheap at all.
  • Ok, makes sense that they would provide a faster shipping option with that service, then. For me shipping costs are included (0), so I guess that means they'll use the cheapest option possible...
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited April 2016
    after more then a year of waiting my homey is deliverd to my nieghbours. ill set it up this evening, and hope to see you all at other posts :# thanks for everyone who stayed positive !
  • So @honey , finally your honey arrives  :smile: 
    Hope it will be a splendid marriage :wink: 
  • Mine just arrived too! Can't wait to go home and try it!
  • My homey made it home as well! Welcome home, Homey!

... now onto the next challenge... getting Homey to connect to my WiFi network...
  • I was very sad to see everybody got his Homey and I didn't even get a track and trace notice. But when this evening the doorbell rang I thought I maybe was lucky after all. My husband said there was just a package for the neighbours and showed it to me. Too bad. But then he told me there was another package (he put it in the hallway just to annoy me).
    And yes there he was ... my Homey. I am so happy :smiley: 

I was afraid it would be difficult because I read a lot of the experiences. But with a little bit of patience I managed to select the wifi, install the update, pass the voicetest, add the hue lights, add some Eurodomest (Action) wireless switches, play a little bit with some flows, test some nfc tags.

My kids and husband like him also very much. Homey still have some trouble understanding what we say sometimes (I check the speech-input manager to see what he hears and to test if something will work). So this brings hilarious texts. Can't wait to experiment a little more. Or beter ... to experiment a lot more ...  
  • edited April 2016
    Didn't want to open another thread, but since it was mentioned earlier I will mention it again in this thread.

@Emile, Why does the USB cable lift the homey of his feet? So niche product with it's design and LED ring, but can't stand on his own feet... 
  • Didn't want to open another thread, but since it was mentioned earlier I will mention it again in this thread.

@Emile, Why does the USB cable lift the homey of his feet? So niche product with it's design and LED ring, but can't stand on his own feet... 
    Please search the forum before asking questions that have been asked numerous times before...
     <3 
  • @Emile, is there any update on the non-EU geek shipment yet please?
  • @Emile, is there any update on the non-EU geek shipment yet please?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/555/shipment-software-status#latest
  • Now i have received the homey i realise the choice for the positioning of the cable. In this position it runs neatly over the table when exiting the casing. It's just necessary to bend the cable slightly so it does not push the homey off of its feet. A slightly more flexible cable may have been a better choice in this case. But I am quite happy with the cable as it is.
  • @fuzzybear well, if you read this comment from Emile, it appears that the choice for this particular cable was also carefully considered, and not just any cable. So a slightly more flexible one may not have been an option...
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    Please search the forum for a recent discusstion. 
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators.

This discussion has been closed.