This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• @superice, does the app use the language settings defined in Homey, or only English?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18878/#Comment_18878
  • I had to re-login to the app.
    Normally, when entering an password, you get to see the character a second before it changes to a dot or asterisk.
    This window is now very short.

• Phuturist said:
    The issue with the latest beta not showing devices is actually an issue that it won't switch zone. It keeps showing the devices from the home zone even after switching to another.
    @superice ;  Any idea when this will be fixed? 
  • btwvince said:
    Phuturist said:
    The issue with the latest beta not showing devices is actually an issue that it won't switch zone. It keeps showing the devices from the home zone even after switching to another.
    @superice ;  Any idea when this will be fixed? 
    Tomorrow hopefully. Absolutely the first thing on my list. I keep overthinking how this could've happened, because I tested switching zones just before releasing the beta.
  • Same here: no devices in the app anywhere.
  • Just figured out that push messages are not included in the new beta.  Hope those come back soon :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Just figured out that push messages are not included in the new beta.  Hope those come back soon :)
    Yeah, those are second on my list, should be rolled out soon. But it is useful to obtain feedback on the devices and media parts first, so that's why I released the beta this early.
  • @superice ;
    I reinstalled ver 1.1.6 B32, but if I disable one of the speech functions the app keeps crashing. I had to delete the data to solve the problem.
    Using bq Aquaris M5 phone with rooted Android 5.1.1
    If you need more info just let me know.
  • superice said:
    Fire69 said:
    Just figured out that push messages are not included in the new beta.  Hope those come back soon :)
    Yeah, those are second on my list, should be rolled out soon. But it is useful to obtain feedback on the devices and media parts first, so that's why I released the beta this early.
    The problem was that I was helping betatest an app and I used a flow with a pushmessage for that.  Didn't work that well  :p

Ow, before I forget, really like the new icon!  Much better than the old one :smiley: 
  • Fire69 said:

Ow, before I forget, really like the new icon!  Much better than the old one :smiley: 
    Yes, I agree, Sam did an outstanding job on the icon! 
  • I just uploaded 2.0-beta.2 (Build 36) which fixes the issue with zone selection. While I was working on some other stuff, this just includes the zone selection fix, because the rest was not ready for release yet. The update should be available in a few hours from now to the beta channel.
  • Hi @superice ;

Any idea on when we can expect the iOS app?
  • Zone selection even worse in beta2, completely blank now.
    App hangs most of the time (stopped working).
    Homey 0.8.30
    Sony Xperia Z5
    Android 5.1.1

If you need more info just ask.
  • Still no devices and the app crashes at start up
    Galaxy s6 edge
  • Tim_Brass said:
    Hi @superice ;

Yes. A first version is currently in review at Apple, so I'm planning on setting up a testflight track this or next week.

cnvisser said:
    Zone selection even worse in beta2, completely blank now.
    Homey 0.8.30
    Sony Xperia Z5
    Android 5.1.1

Are you sure you're running beta 2, because < 2 hours seems awfully fast for an Android app to update.

btwvince said:
    Still no devices and the app crashes at start up
    Galaxy s6 edge

I'm seeing some interesting crash reports in the Google Play developer console, seems like it has to do lifecycle issues. If you kill the app explicitly by removing it from your recents list, does it still crash when starting up? I'll see if I can reproduce this here.
  • superice said:
    Tim_Brass said:
    Hi @superice ;

Yes. A first version is currently in review at Apple, so I'm planning on setting up a testflight track this or next week.

cnvisser said:
    Zone selection even worse in beta2, completely blank now.
    Homey 0.8.30
    Sony Xperia Z5
    Android 5.1.1

Are you sure you're running beta 2, because < 2 hours seems awfully fast for an Android app to update.

btwvince said:
    Still no devices and the app crashes at start up
    Galaxy s6 edge

I'm seeing some interesting crash reports in the Google Play developer console, seems like it has to do lifecycle issues. If you kill the app explicitly by removing it from your recents list, does it still crash when starting up? I'll see if I can reproduce this here.
     I've send a report i fully uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It doesn't crash but my zone list is also empty and no devices are shown
  • btwvince said:
     I've send a report i fully uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It doesn't crash but my zone list is also empty and no devices are shown
    Sounds like an issue connecting to your Homey. Empty zonelist indicates that no zones are loaded whatsoever. Is your Homey online, and is your phone connected to the same network as your Homey?
  • My homey is online. I can reach him through my.athom.com
    No we aren't in the same network now but i can login in the app so that works
  • btwvince said:
    My homey is online. I can reach him through my.athom.com
    Very interesting. The only thing I can imagine is that there is a device online at the same local IP as your homey at home, and the app tries to load stuff locally. Then again, that should never happen, because the app would only do that when both the ping return positively and the device at that IP has the same Homey ID. Seems like that last check doesn't work properly. 
  • superice said:
    btwvince said:
    Very interesting. The only thing I can imagine is that there is a device online at the same local IP as your homey at home, and the app tries to load stuff locally. Then again, that should never happen, because the app would only do that when both the ping return positively and the device at that IP has the same Homey ID. Seems like that last check doesn't work properly. 
    It's for sure that there aren't 2 devices with the same ip. And my.athom works so it should be the app i guess?
  • Yes im running beta2.
    I have removed it from my recent list installed it again same problems
  • btwvince said:
    superice said:
    btwvince said:
    It's for sure that there aren't 2 devices with the same ip. And my.athom works so it should be the app i guess?
    Yes, I agree that this is a problem of the app. I'll do my best to reproduce and fix this.
  • superice said:
    btwvince said:
    superice said:
    btwvince said:
    Yes, I agree that this is a problem of the app. I'll do my best to reproduce and fix this.
    I've seen that when I start the app and i press the door icon the first time, I can see all my floors but when I select a floor I don't see any devices and then when i press the door icon again this is blank. Just to be clear :)
  • btwvince said:
    I've seen that when I start the app and i press the door icon the first time, I can see all my floors but when I select a floor I don't see any devices and then when i press the door icon again this is blank. Just to be clear :)
    Ah yes, got it. Seems like the 'leaf'-zones (zones without any subzones) are a bit bugged. I'll fix it right away. Thanks for you feedback!
  • btwvince said:
    superice said:
    btwvince said:
    superice said:
    btwvince said:
    Thanks for clearing.
    That's my problem too.
  • I just released 2.0-beta.3, which should address the crashing of the audio recorder on start of the app (those nasty crashes you guys told me about) and the zone overlay sometimes being blank. Leaf zones did not select properly, which caused the overlay to be blank after selecting a zone with no subzones, directly under the root zone. Anyway, it should be fixed now, the update should come to your devices in a few hours :)
  • Just updated and at first sight works great. Just a question when you're in the media menu there's no "back" or "menu" button and you press the back from your device it exits the app. Is this how it should be? :)
  • btwvince said:
    Just updated and at first sight works great. Just a question when you're in the media menu there's no "back" or "menu" button and you press the back from your device it exits the app. Is this how it should be? :)
    Ah, yes. I'm going to overlay the hamburger icon as a transparent bar, but you can always swipe in from the left to show the menu :)
  • superice said:
    btwvince said:
    Just updated and at first sight works great. Just a question when you're in the media menu there's no "back" or "menu" button and you press the back from your device it exits the app. Is this how it should be? :)
    Ah, yes. I'm going to overlay the hamburger icon as a transparent bar, but you can always swipe in from the left to show the menu :)
    Just found the swipe ;)
  • Fire69 said:
    @superice, does the app use the language settings defined in Homey, or only English?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18878/#Comment_18878
    @superice, any comments on this?