This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for Onkyo receivers

Comments

• I really can't get it to work with Homey. As an alternative I can buy the Harmony Hub, they support the receiver.

• How can you select the "NET" input, to start TuneIn radio?
  • BasPost said:
    How can you select the "NET" input, to start TuneIn radio?
    scroll down in the pull down menu within the onkyo card
  • BasPost said:
    On Chrome on my macbook I can't scroll down with the trackpad. If you type "net" within the card, nothing appears
  • Try 'Net', it is case sensitive (might come up with a fix for that).
  • BasPost said:
    BasPost said:
    On Chrome on my macbook I can't scroll down with the trackpad. If you type "net" within the card, nothing appears
    try the arrow button on your keyboard when you've in the input section of thw Onkyo card

• jorden said:
    Try 'Net', it is case sensitive (might come up with a fix for that).
    yep, works as well.. :smile: 

• Arrow and case sensitive typing does the trick! Thanks!
    scrolling in te card with a macbook trackpad (2 fingers swiping) doesn't work, which I automatically do
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited April 2016
    thuijbers said:
    I have tried different remotes and different angles, my Homey recognizes my KPN remote but doesn't send the signal to turn the KPN receiver on. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    Perhaps you are doing nothing wrong, but the distance between Homey and your KPN receiver is too big, see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1204/infrared-range#latest

Try it with your Homey next to the receiver, that way I was able to check that IR worked, but only from up close.

• Julian said:
    thuijbers said:
    I have tried different remotes and different angles, my Homey recognizes my KPN remote but doesn't send the signal to turn the KPN receiver on. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    Perhaps you are doing nothing wrong, but the distance between Homey and your KPN receiver is too big, see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1204/infrared-range#latest

Try it with your Homey next to the receiver, that way I was able to check that IR worked, but only from up close.

Thanks, I'm going to try that!
  • @jorden could you please implement powertoggle as a card option, because when i set my onkyo 626 to standby (with remote) and try to turn it on via homey with the power card option nothing is happening. Homey and my receiver are very close to each other and i've already disable the led ring. ;-(

• wingie said:
    @jorden could you please implement powertoggle as a card option, because when i set my onkyo 626 to standby (with remote) and try to turn it on via homey with the power card option nothing is happening. Homey and my receiver are very close to each other and i've already disable the led ring. ;-(

You like stickers ? :smile: :
  • mistercage said:

Lol, first thing I was thinking also  :D
  • wingie said:
    @jorden could you please implement powertoggle as a card option, because when i set my onkyo 626 to standby (with remote) and try to turn it on via homey with the power card option nothing is happening. Homey and my receiver are very close to each other and i've already disable the led ring. ;-(

This app uses wifi so they don't have to be close together and you don't need to dim the led ring. 

However, there is no 'powertoggle'  possibility I think.  You can turn it on or off,  I guess your onkyo goes to 'complete off' instead of still listening to wifi commands. Perhaps that is a power saving setting that you can change in 'setup'? 
  • Fire69 said:
    mistercage said:

Lol, first thing I was thinking also  :D
    Haven't had the time to remove them, my wife is paralyzed since 2014 and lives in a nursing home where I have to be to help her and next to a demanding job there is little time for myself and in the time I have I can't be bothered by stickers 
  • Version 0.8.0 just got published.
    NEW: Discovery will fill in the IP-address and type as name of the device. Ofcourse, it is still possible to change the IP-address (for example, if you have more devices than 1).

Next version (0.9.0) will enable the ability to set audio listen modes. Probably released/published in a week!
  • JohanpJohanp Member
    edited April 2016
    For the 626 you can enable network standby in the hardware settings and then it works! Hmm, only once for me.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    Version 0.9.0 has been published in the app store a few seconds ago:
    • Set listenmode (NEW)
  • Would it be possible to integrate some voice commands in the app?  :)
    Set volume to 'xx' for example? 
    I switch my input with the Harmony app, would be great if volume could be done with your app  :#
  • I could look into that, shouldn't be too hard, although I don't know how well Homey understands spoken numbers. Does it show them as numbers, for example 16, or as words, for example sixteen?

(Not that that really matters, since I can also just make an array for 1 to 50 or so)
  • jorden said:
    I could look into that, shouldn't be too hard, although I don't know how well Homey understands spoken numbers. Does it show them as numbers, for example 16, or as words, for example sixteen?

(Not that that really matters, since I can also just make an array for 1 to 50 or so)
    If I remember correctly from a comment on Slack, the numbers are translated to words for the moment.
    But they're working on changing that.

Would be a great addition!  Looked at the cards already available, but with the +1/-1 cards, it's a little limited right now.
  • You can also set a specific volume level, but ofcourse, then you'd have to make your own voice triggers for it.
  • Or i'd have to make a flow 'increase volume' that increases the volume by for example 5 and consists of:
    when <you said <increase volume>> then 5 cards <increase volume by 1>

Maybe you can come up with a more practical solution? :smiley: 
  • JorisJoris Member
    TN-NR1008 here!   +1
  • @all i've got a question, i rebooted my homey last night and cleared all settings to start fresh (0.8.32) installed the onkyo app, kodi, wol and a couple of other apps. Created some flows and everything worked oke the first couple of times but after a couple of minutes my receiver (626) isn't reacting anymore on the flows. I've already updated to the latest firmware on my onkyo and set network settings to prevent going in standby/sleep. 

My question is has anyone else used this app with a 626 and seen the same behaviour or keeps it functioning also after a while? (it feels to me (can't check logging) that the app is crashing/losing information after a while it has been running) 
  • I sometimes experience that the receiver either doesn't respond or responds with different messages than normal. After I completely unplug the receiver and then plug it in again, it works as expected again. 
  • @jorden thanks for this tip, i've just pulled the plug  :D and restarted homey because suddenly my english sentences aren't recognised anymore so i switched to dutch. (it seems that in the evening speech recognition is getting worse) 
  • @Wingie: if every Homey sends 250 sounds an hour (with trained voice) I can imagine servers are having difficulties as compared to 2-4 sounds every hour (or how much do you talk to it) with an untrained voice.
  • wingie said:
    @jorden thanks for this tip, i've just pulled the plug  :D and restarted homey because suddenly my english sentences aren't recognised anymore so i switched to dutch. (it seems that in the evening speech recognition is getting worse) 
    Sadly enough result is no different after complete turning off the receiver by unplugging en replugin. Is there any way i can see some debug logging so that i can provide this to you? 
  • After i've removed the app and installed it again it works again (for now don't know for how long)