This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
edited April 2016 in Archive
?

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Nope..... If I'm understanding Emile comment right on git... 

I also think it's good to work longer on better fixes, because the recent "small" updates didn't bring that much goodness..... 
  • Ok, have to wait a additional week then before i can use other apps. Can't installany apps after HUE en KAKU. snif....
  • honeyhoney Member
    @MarcoF I strongly disagree. They are not small and they are vital. Just look at the latest update. Now I can add motion sensor that is not insignificant and the NodeJS 4.4.2...
  • I think they have bigger problems right now... homey is still offline remote via https://my.athom.com
  • Well, I'd rather see a focus on a particular issue followed by a quick release, wouldn't mind 1 a day, or more. To me that's what an experimental channel is for.
  • spoelly said:
    I think they have bigger problems right now... homey is still offline remote via https://my.athom.com
    I have no problems. I can reach my homey without any problems. 
  • I have no homey, I read Git, I read the forum and see a lot of big issues that already should be solved and still see big issues after 4 months development/releases/shipments. 

But it's your and mine opinion. 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited April 2016
    Are you on the same network connecting to homey? I am currently at work can't connect to homey. From my home it works. 
  • honeyhoney Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff Exactly.
    @spoelly Yes that is one of the biggest issue. The wifi is so unreliable that it paralyses everything, setup, update, speech, app, internet based apps. 
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016

@spoelly This thread is not about being able to connect to your homey.

• spoelly said:
    Are you on the same network connecting to homey? I am currently at work can't connect to homey. From my home it works. 
    Yes I was on the same network. 
    And if I use another network homey is offline indeed. 
  • woeiwoei Member
    I would really hope so. My Homey seems to work quite well ok the Action, Kaku, Hue and Somfy stuff which means its already a great improvement to my home. However I am hitting a bug where I can't install any apps, which is really annoying. This bug is supposedly solves in 0.8.31.
  • jovink said:
    spoelly said:
    Yes I was on the same network. 
    And if I use another network homey is offline indeed.
    My Homey is back online (remotely accessible)
  • The longer it takes, the bigger the chance sunset and -rise will work :)
  • No problems here whit sunset sunrise
    running 4 days without any problem
    i have zwave devices.

firmware 0.8.30

• honey said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff Exactly.
    @spoelly Yes that is one of the biggest issue. The wifi is so unreliable that it paralyses everything, setup, update, speech, app, internet based apps. 
    Why is WiFi unreliable and paralyses everything?? I don't see any signs that WiFi is the big thing, so please explain more :smile: 

• @honey: have to tried to reboot your router?
    Most WiFi problems will be solved by a reboot of the router.
  • It also could help to call your provider and ask for a full reboot of the line/modem/router.
    Maybe its a idea to unplug Homey for a week, let its capacitors/brain drain, and re-plug it.

Let us known your findings, so all others with the same problem could have the benefit of it.
  • If the 0.8.31 will not be released today then i will reset my homey and  start over, I can not install apps. and because i thought the error was due another app, I uninstalled almost all apps until i found out that i was hitting a general bug. so i do not have much apps at the moment to play with :-(

But hey, that's what you get for using  beta's :-)
  • nklerk said:
    If the 0.8.31 will not be released today then i will reset my homey and  start over, I can not install apps. and because i thought the error was due another app, I uninstalled almost all apps until i found out that i was hitting a general bug. so i do not have much apps at the moment to play with :-(

But hey, that's what you get for using  beta's :-)
    You can't back to a previous version. 
    On a clean install you can only uncheck the beta version support. 
  • @jovink  @nklerk ;
    True, but a factory reset homey will automagicly "return to" 0.8.29, so that can solve the issue.
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited April 2016
    I just seem to have hit the same bug on 0.8.29 when installing a fresh homey at my parents... If that is at all possible.

Edit: it doesn't even start to download the app (no blue led ring).
  • MarcoF said:
    @jovink  @nklerk ;
    True, but a factory reset homey will automagicly "return to" 0.8.29, so that can solve the issue.
    No, that's not true. After a factory reset my homey is still running 0.8.30.
  • dhanstede said:
    MarcoF said:
    @jovink  @nklerk ;
    No, that's not true. After a factory reset my homey is still running 0.8.30.
    Mine too, I tried :)
  • Mine too, the dialog when switching to experimental should be clearer about that.

But back on topic, @emile can we expect a new version today?

• But back on topic, @emile can we expect a new version today?
    weejewel [6:15 PM] Depends on how much I can get done today
  • @Fire69 thanks! Was out, didn't check slack yet.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Ooops.....

You may expect that when you do a full factory reset, Homey goes to the last stable(!) firmware because experimental is Opt-in. If Homey after a full factory reset goes to a experimental update, it should be considered as a MAJOR bug/issue.
    (user Opted-in for Experimental, so that setting also should be cleared. I guess the Opt-in is saved in the cloud an is not cleared/reset when homey is reset?!)
  • @MarcoF I doubt whether it is stored on the cloud...
    After a full reset (clear data), the checkbox within settings to accept experimental updates is not ticked. You will have to re-apply for experimental updates.

So I guess that with the update towards an experimental version also the recovery image is replaced (to this experimental version)...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2016
    A full reset just means the /data partition is wiped.  That means that only user-settings are erased (devices, apps, settings, ...)
    When you upgrade a phone and reset it afterwards, it doesn't automagically get the old system files back, it just wiped the users' stuff.
This discussion has been closed.