This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Elro Home easy system, Bellfires fireplaces, Somfy Blinds

Hi Homeys,

Yesterday was the day, my Homey finally found his way to my home(y), and as excitingas I was, I immediately started unpacking and installing.

I have several things in my home I'd like to control with Homey for now:
- Bellfires fireplace (infrared) (remote has the name "Mertik Maxitrol Germany" on the back.
- Lighting system, remote contacts, sunscreen etc. in and around the house (Elro Home Easy 433.92 Mhz system)
- Somfy blinds
- If possible LG Smart TV
- If possible AS rock media PC with Kodi installed

For now, the only thing I can get kind of working is the Somfy blinds via the Somfy app on Homey. I emphatically say "kind of" because my Somfy remote control has three knobs to control te blinds, one for up, one for down and one which has "My" on it and controls the blinds to go to a pre-installed position.

For some reason I need one set of blinds to go to the " My" position while going downwards, but I cannot configure that in Homey, nor can I learn Homey to do so.

Also, I have to mention that I can yet only control the Homey via the management portal as my Homey does not seem to recognize anything I say, and when I tried to learn it to him he gave me the same problem loads of other people have encountered (to loud, to much background noize while it was completely quite, not loud enough etc. When I now say " Ok homey" it does recognize to activate itself, but when I say something I used in my flows like "we gaan naar bed", the LED ring spins around in white a few times and then stops without doing anything.

For the Bellfires fireplace I tried Homey to learn it the Infrared signal, but again homey refuges to recognize the remote is sending, while the fireplace does respond.

There was no app for the home easy system but I did find a app for Elro Remote Contacts. I installed this one, and from my 15 installed systems it only recognized one signal, andwhenI now putthat signal in a flow, and try to exectute the flow, it does not work.

I definately understand I signed up for the beta version so no blaims here, can we work together to get these things working? If you'd like me to do anything, I am willing to help but I cannot write protocols or anything.

Oh, and for the management portal, it would be awesome if we would get a buttom to add any device, maybe tell homey what signal type search for, copy that signal (and just that signal sowe'll have to create one for on, and one for off) and name it. For now, such function is only available for IR, or am I missing something? 

thanks!

Regards from Nijmegen and keep up the good work!

Comments

• The Bellfire fireplaces do not use IR as remote, but 433Mhz.
    I think an app needs to be developed for controlling this fireplace.

See Mertik Maxitrol Fireplace control 

• If it's 433 you could try the action app. I have 3 different 433 sockets which all work with the action app
  • Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately, all fucntions in the Action app do not recognize any of my home easy systems signals.

I have not tried the fireplace yet, as for this device I also need Homey to give out the signal for like 5 of 10 seconds in order for the fireplace to half or fully lighten up. A single signal will not work. 
  • I also have HomeEasy and did some quick testing but haven't figured out how to get it working.
    Anyone got it working?
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017
    ModBreak:
    This post/discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    Please search the forum for a recent discussion. 
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators.

This discussion has been closed.