This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Philips Hue

latschtlatscht Member
edited April 2016 in Devices
Works the Hue bulbs without Hue-Bridge?

Comments

• Not at the moment but it will in the future. Search the forum for official statement on this.
  • Hi There, I have about 15 heu lights. They are found through homey, but it doesn't seem to work well in a flow. Sometimes all lights go out when asked, sometimes only two, sometimes only 6, etc. Anyone with the same problems?
  • Do you have a "lightslang" ?
  • Same problem here....
    look like sometimes not all lights can be reached. All work trough the hue app though....
  • I did have the same issue with the hue dimmer until I switched to a different channel. Maybe that will work in you case as well?
    I have 4 hue lights and they are working like a charm up until now.
  • aloftaloft Member
    If you look in the "Devices" tab, do you see all Hue lights as 'reachable' ? 
  • aloft said:
    If you look in the "Devices" tab, do you see all Hue lights as 'reachable' ? 
    Same problem here!
    Got 8 hue light bulbs in the living room and sometimes all of them work, but most of the time some don't.
    There is no pattern on how many lights or which lights do or do not work.

Most of the time I see all the lights as 'reachable' sometimes I don't.
    When the lights are reachable it shows them as on or off when in reality they are not.
  • Have you tried changing the channel?
  • There are a lot of "complains"/issues/topics around Hue where users can control there Lights with the official app without any problems and Homey makes a mess of it.

Why should changing the channel solve this?

Homey is the problem and that's confirmed because the official app is working great.
  • I have no issues with Hue, all lights work always.. total distance is about 10 meters, 
    hue.JPG 32.2K
  • Well, I have had the same problem (some lights responding, others not) with the official hue dimmer while the app did work. So please enlighten us how you know that homey is the problem...

When I changed the channel my problems with the dimmer were gone. Seems like an easy thing to try, hence the suggestion.

• As said previously, there are a lot of people on this forum with >10 Hue lights (Hue/White/Strip/Etc) almost all have the same issue;
    When Homey is used to controles the lights its a mess (not all lights go on/off which should go on/off)
    When 10 secs later the official Philips App is used to control the ligths, then all works fine.

There also a few issues on Git about this.

And if the channel would be the issue, both Homey and the Official App should have the same issues.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited April 2016
    15 Hue lights here, no probs at all.
    Strips, bulbs, mood and Go all work.
    Some of them are outside, some at the attic so a great distance
  • Using 2 Living Colours and 5 Innr GU10 with a HUE Bridge 1.0. From time to time one off the Living Colours is offline. But that also happens with my Eneco Toon. So in my case it isn't related to Homey, because that's the case sinds months and i received my Homey 2 days ago.
  • Well, I have had the same problem (some lights responding, others not) with the official hue dimmer while the app did work. So please enlighten us how you know that homey is the problem...

When I changed the channel my problems with the dimmer were gone. Seems like an easy thing to try, hence the suggestion.

Just tried to change the channel, which is indeed an easy thing to try.
    Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.
  • @kasteleman ;
    How is Toon connected to HUE? Through the Hub or native?
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    MarcoF said:
    @kasteleman ;
    How is Toon connected to HUE? Through the Hub or native?
    Hub
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited April 2016
    yes indeed connected to the HUE Bridge. In my case it is the range. 20 cm change of position can make hell of a difference.....
  • I can't believe its a hardware/range issue on the HUE side. 
    The HUB uses a API and the only thing what Homey and Toon does, is give the lights a command to change color or on/off status. The commands are generic and the official HUE App will also use these commands.
    How could it be that if I have a group of 5 lights that i turn on all at once with the App, show strange behaviour on a command of Homey and/or Toon?

Very strange.....

• Maybe, just guessing here, homey and toon send the signal for all of the bulbs separately and the hue app sends it to a group?
    Perhaps the signals are sent too fast so that they bridge can't handle the processing fast enough?
    Or there's interference on the channel with the sending of the separate signals?
    Again, just guessing here...
  • I'm not familiar with the Hue API, but;
    if the App can send to a group, then Homey/Toon also can do that.
    If sending command to individual lamps is a issue, then that also should be fixable. Or by slowing down the sending of command OR using groups and leave the the lamp command to the Hub.

The official App works great, other thirdparty apps also thirdparty apps like Disco apps work great.

But lets wait and see....
  • Let me clear one thing: I do NOT have any strange behaviour!!! Always react correct at the commands or flow from within Homey.
  • @kasteleman ;
    ? Why this reaction?
    Not getting it or missing something... 
  • It's not a general problem, for some people it works. Like IR is working for me... But maybe @kasteleman 's Homey is slower? For people with this problem, what happens if you turn lights off with i.e. four at a time and use a delay of 1 second for the next four lamps?
  • Let me try to clear this: i wanted to say that in my case HUE reacts the same when i use it with my Homey as i use it with my Toon. Therefore to me it looks like this isn't a specific problem concerning Homey and that sometimes the range between the Hue spots and the bridge is very picky. In my case moving one just 20 cm solved the problems i had with that specific living colour.
  • Hello to you all!

Got my homey yesterday.. Quit happy so far.. Just trying out some features! Got quite a few KAKU switched lights connected, now i want to control these with a 'Philips Hue Dimmer' so i tried to connect my Philips Hue Bridge 2 to Homey but no respons when i press the button in the adding proces..

Tried looking on the forum, but didn't found the answer (yet).. Can you guys help me out??
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @Chris101 ;;
    you can't add the switch separately to homey (yet), not until the "zigbee light link"protocol is implemented.
  • @caseda ;
    Thanks for your quick reaction.. I know about the 'zigbee light link'.. But can i also not use my Hue Dimmer with the Hue Bridge 2?? The main problem now is i can't link my bridge to the Homey...
  • you can still use the dimmer with the hue bridge, i am atleast.

so it doesn't do anything when you add the hue as a device and then asks you to push the button? are you on the same network? (homey and hue)
  • Have Philips Hue Bridge 2 connected here so u can do it.
    Maybe your bridge is out of reach of your Homey?