This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Or even pay for the service....

Hi,

First of all I like to mention that this project could be a potential winner, when it concerns domotica, hence you created a Jarvis (Iron man).

I, ll would buy instandly if the Homey was able to control my sunscreens which have RTS / ETR asa motors.

Would it be possible to pay a programmer hobbyist to get it implanted in a API? And what is nessesary to achieve this...?

Can rts remote, s be read out and store it, s function inside Homey?

As last, can it read out the slimme meters via the P1 port. But how as you need a transmitter to get the data inside Homey.

My compliment, s so far,

Lennoz,

Comments

• averellaverell Member

Get yourself an RFXCOM433E, it will control your RTS motors. Hook it up via USB, and since there is a javascript lib to control them, it should work. I have mine working on a PI, should be rather simple to get it working.

Av.

• Somfy RTS will be integrated natively.
    At the moment we are busy to buy screens for our house and I definitely want Somfy RTS IO motors in them so I can use Homey to control them.

• BasPostBasPost Member

PeterGroeneweg said:
    Somfy RTS will be integrated natively.
    At the moment we are busy to buy screens for our house and I definitely want Somfy RTS IO motors in them so I can use Homey to control them.

RTS and IO are different! So be aware! I've got both of them and only RTS can be controlled by domotica systems.
    The IO motors can only be controlled by the (to much expensive) Tahoma box, unless Somfy has an open protocol/api for it

• @BasPost Thank for the warning!
    @Emile, I asume Homey just supports RTS and not the IO?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

It does support RTS. We're working on IO, but it's more of a political issue than technical!

• @emile, any update on the IO 'political' issue?

• @Emile, any update on the question?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Long story short, they'd like us to license their hardware. Which is, of course from a technical point of view, unnescessary :) We're still looking into the best solution!

• Emile said:
    Long story short, they'd like us to license their hardware. Which is, of course from a technical point of view, unnescessary :) We're still looking into the best solution!

@Emile : any update on this IO license issue? I'm about to buy a Somfy RTS, but I'd rather go for the IO. Hopefully you have some sort of update regarding the use of Somfy IO?

• Why do you specifically want the IO? If you just get the Somfy motor and use a roller shutter module (Fibaro, Qubino, ...) you will have the same functionality, right?

• IO is two way communication. My guess is that the current status can be queried where RTS is only one way.
    You don't need a Somfy motor specifically if your going to use a roller shutter module.

• I just suggested the Somfy motor because I guess the are good quality (low noise, long life, ...)
    If you use a module, you'll have two way communication also.

• Yes. And Somfy has 10 years warranty

• And I already own 2 Somfy IO motors for my blinds...
    So IO support would be excellent!

This discussion has been closed.