This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Flow contols

@TheDevTeam, Is it possible to view a status of a flow control? For example, I would like to create a flow that turns all lights off at 07:15h on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays because then there is nobody at home. But because we sometimes are at home on Monday sometimes, I want to manually deactivate this flow. Now I want to show on my website if the flow is turned on or off.
So, the big question, is it possible to retrieve information from flows by the API?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

You can disable or enable a flow using the API (it's just not documented yet) :)

• Great!
    So the next update for API documentation will be a pretty big one ;-)

Yeah, I didn't document the flow editor, because it's far too difficult and you won't really have any use for it. Just GET /manager/flow/, or PUT /manager/flow/{{flow id}}/ with enabled: true|false

• Great! Vet Cool :-). That's just what I want.

• Would it also be possible to create and delete workflows via an app?
    This could be a really important feature. I have seen hundreds of examples of use cases. It is my understanding that a user would need to add them all by hand if the voice command would not start with a unique keyword for an app (correct me if I'm wrong). With this feature, apps can be build which add series of commands.

It would be nice if there was an app which could add a ton of weather related commands with a single click (what's the weather like in amsterdam? do I need an umbrella today? will it snow on christmas? etc.)
    Is my assumption correct that a flow needs to be added for each individual command?

No, not at all! Apps integrate into the core of Homey's speech recognition! Flows are merely to automate things yourself, as a user :)

• Ok, that's it... tell me where the catch is. How can you build a product which simply does EVERYTHING.
    It not humanly possible to be that awesome right? Are you a robot from the future? It would explain a lot...

• JVCS909JVCS909 Member
    edited June 2015

JaapPelt said:
    Ok, that's it... tell me where the catch is. How can you build a product which simply does EVERYTHING.
    It not humanly possible to be that awesome right? Are you a robot from the future? It would explain a lot...

I think you mean Homey is the Robot of the future :-P

I also think Emile is trying to explain that all Homey's automating is done by the services it supports.
    I.e. "Play music" -> the app is playing music from Spotify
    "Turn on the light" -> Philips Hue lights on

The flow editor is needed for your own automation. Like the example Emile posted earlier;
    Play Justin Bieber -> Homey says "you're crazy!" and plays a song from another artist.

This is something you CAN do, but will not work right out of the box.

Hope this makes this clear for you and if i'm wrong, please correct me.

• Play Justin Bieber -> Homey says "you're crazy!" and plays a song from another artist.

Bad example. This is an essential feature that should be in there at launch. :)

• True, next to the Chuck Norris jokes!

• kriebelkous said:

Play Justin Bieber -> Homey says "you're crazy!" and plays a song from another artist.

Bad example. This is an essential feature that should be in there at launch. :)

Haha, true that!

This discussion has been closed.