This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Bumblez said:
    Then you'll have to wait for the retail experience. The GAF module is not included in the current beta version.
    I have prepared her for that :tongue: 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
     spoelly said:
    Bumblez said:
    Then you'll have to wait for the retail experience. The GAF module is not included in the current beta version.
    I have prepared her for that :tongue: 

Did you disable her legs too ?? o:)
  • On my Homey is 1 feet are not fixed is that normal? 
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited April 2016
    brot84 said:
    On my Homey is 1 feet are not fixed is that normal? 

Nope. Should be 100 assembled, except for cables.  DIY fix or RMA.
  • Did we piss off someone at the factory and they're getting back at us?
  • DaanDaan Member
    edited April 2016
    My homey arrived at home.... And I am at work for so many more hours... Oh no...

• weverwever Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes, Homey is in the house smile

note: USB cable still needs a light bend to not flip over homey :smile: 
  • Luckily my neighbours are always home, my Homey has just arrived!
  • woeiwoei Member
    Ladies and gentlemen.... We got him! Now just waiting for his purpleness to turn to another color and get started. Wi-Fi took a couple of goes, but succeeded after 3 or 4 times. There goes productivity for the next few hours (days, weeks). #workingathome(y)
  • You lucky bastards! I'll have to wait for delivery tomorrow, says PostNL app
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited April 2016

The not fixed feet is not a problem for me, more an information for the Athom Team to investigate before homey comes in the retail market

• thuijbers said:
    Luckily my neighbours are always home, my Homey has just arrived!
    They delivered a product to the neigbours ?? dont @athom know that they are responsible until the package is delivered to the rightfull owner, and that if a neigbour accepts the package but claims not to have revieved it , it is still the responsibility of @athom ? #DidntExpectThat!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Ziglar said:
    They delivered a product to the neigbours ?? dont @athom know that they are responsible until the package is delivered to the rightfull owner, and that if a neigbour accepts the package but claims not to have revieved it , it is still the responsibility of @athom ? #DidntExpectThat!
    Believe it or not, but in many places in the Netherlands, neighbours are still reliable. I doubt they would use this option in big cities like Amsterdam/Rotterdam, but in smaller villages it often isn't a problem. I think PostNL even have an option somewhere, where you can indicate what you want them to do with a package when you're not at home (eg leave it with the neighbours, leave it in the garden shed, etc). Never had any problems with our own neighbours...
    Also note that this it not Athom's decision, but PostNL !
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited April 2016
    yes, its not always a issue, like almost never!! 
    and the sender is the one who decides if the package is allowed to be delivered to neigbours.
    and even them . if in any case it might happen that the niegbour claims that he did not recieve the package, its a battle between athom and postnl, never between the reciever and nieghbour/postnl but thats just worst case scenario .

(Personally i hope that postnl delivered my homey to an niegbour, never had problems with them and i could have my homey this evening :) )
  • Someone in Switzerland received him? Or Email from Stefan? DPD Tracking Code? Cant wait anymore...
  • @viktor i hope homey can speak swiss for you :)
  • viktorviktor Member
    edited April 2016
    I have to learn dutsch D btw russian is my favorite
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited April 2016
    hmm just recieved the pre-shipment in postNL app. could it be that the homeys are send in 2 batches ?
  • Homey is home :smile: just set it up and downloading the latest experimental .... One problem was discovered during the setup and that is if you have a IPv6 connection with your internet provider the setup does not complete. I got around this by changing the router DNS to the google DNS and it forced the router to go through the google IPv4 DNS instead of the ISP IPv6 DNS.
  • My homey has arrived.
    verry happy, now wait until the rest of the family goes to bed so I can setup homey in all peace.
     :) 
  • Bumblez said:
    Ziglar said:
    Believe it or not, but in many places in the Netherlands, neighbours are still reliable. I doubt they would use this option in big cities like Amsterdam/Rotterdam, but in smaller villages it often isn't a problem. I think PostNL even have an option somewhere, where you can indicate what you want them to do with a package when you're not at home (eg leave it with the neighbours, leave it in the garden shed, etc). Never had any problems with our own neighbours...
    Also note that this it not Athom's decision, but PostNL !
    @Bumblez I agree, for me it's not a problem at all and indeed the decision of PostNL, not Athom. And once they send it to PostNL, the responsibility of the package is also theirs I think.

Just got home, set it up and Homey is rebooting now. Looks awesome, nice job @Athom!
  • Just got home, unpacked Homey all seems ok until I turned Homey upside down (like the reset action). There was a strange noise, like something is disconnected (screw / antenna / other). Decided not to power it up & contact athom. After all this time, well ...
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think that was the noise from the Antennas. Did you hear a metallic noise? 
  • Yes I did. 
  • Hi Homiezzz,

Ok ok keep it cool!
    Finaly!!!!!
    THE ARRIVAL!!
    I am so excited and I just can't hide it! Oh no oh no oh no oh no like it...I Like it!

• @venn that is normal iwas irrating at the first time too when i hear that noise. The antennas going in the case left and right, keep cool and enjoy your homey! 
  • So funny to read how grown people react here, if there homey is delivered  :D or on there way...  :p
  • brot84 said:
    @venn that is normal iwas irrating at the first time too when i hear that noise. The antennas going in the case left and right, keep cool and enjoy your homey! 
    Can you and other Homey users confirm that when you turn your Homey upside down you hear a 'metallic' noise - like there is a loose screw inside Homey? It is tempting to power up my Homey, but I do not want to break it (short circuit).
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited April 2016
    How can one check if the aurduino chip is present (didn't receive homey yet ) 
  • Second homey arrived for me ;)  yay, app developing at the office as well starting Friday ;) 
This discussion has been closed.