This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

status of the motion sensor in the flow "AND" column

All,

I'm struggling with the following situation.
I've 2 Fibaro motion sensors (one in the hall, one in the corridor).
I'm able to switch on a light (stairs) if one motion sensor triggers (althrough I have to create 2 seperate flows for that because of the absense of the OR statement)
Now I want to switch of the light if BOTH motion sensors are in safe mode (eq not triggered).
Any idea how I can do that ?
I'm not able to select a motion sensor in the AND column :-(

thanks!

Comments

• Create two boolean variables, motion1 and motion2.

Have your two motion detection flows set motion1 and motion2 to true when they detect motion, and have a third flow reset both variables to false every five minutes or so (otherwise you could only detect motion once).

Your light flow can then compare the two variables (instead of the two sensors) and only turn on the light when they're both set to true.

You will need the Better Logic app for this.
  • Thanks for the work-around.. althrough I would be nice if I was able to use the status of the motion sensor in the AND column.
    I would save 1 extra flow and the dependency of an app.

@emile, is this possible ?
  • It's actually quite a popular way of separating trigger and action flows (the trigger modifies a variable, the action responds). Using this setup, you can have multiple trigger flows for the same action, so in the end, it might even save you time.
  • It's actually quite a popular way of separating trigger and action flows (the trigger modifies a variable, the action responds). Using this setup, you can have multiple trigger flows for the same action, so in the end, it might even save you time.
    That is what I am telling my mother all the time!  :D
  • Ok ok, I see I have to change my way of thinking ;-)
    Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.