This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Fibaro Wallplug FGWPE_F-101

Hi,

Has anyone got this one to work correctly? I can add it but after some hours it reports an error and never recovers from that. See https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/410

Maybe a setting to circumvent the error condition?

Comments

• DD Member
    I have no such problems with it. Keeps working like it should.
  • D said:
    Maybe you can share some more info and screenshots about your sensor (age, firmware version, how configured in Homey, etc).
  • Yep. Have the same problem. I just use it as a on off device. It seems when it is a little out of reach (5 meters, wooden floor) that it looses connection and can recover from it. Send @taco already a private message and I'll hope he can fix this. 
  • Hmmm, 5 meters, wooden floor. Saw another issue with another sensor that seems to loos connection after 8 meters. Can not imagine the range is that poor.....did they forget the antenna?  ;)
  • DD Member
    MarcoF said:
    D said:
    Maybe you can share some more info and screenshots about your sensor (age, firmware version, how configured in Homey, etc).
    I will when I find the time, please remind me if I forget!
  • Anyone knows if the option "always on" is available? I configured it this way, but it isn't working

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1653/embedconfigs
  • According to this http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/476 1,1,1 is inactive. Did you try 1,1,0?
  • According to this http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/476 1,1,1 is inactive. Did you try 1,1,0?
    Boom, that worked! #Hero
  • Anyone saw this already?

• Yeah @Frakke same issue here unfortunately. The device is unusable :(.
  • PimBliek said:
    "Same cause as #410, working on it." :)
  • Are you guys able to check the version of your plug and add this as a note to the 410 issue?
  • MarcoF said:
    Are you guys able to check the version of your plug and add this as a note to the 410 issue?
    Done! :)
  • 0.8.30 brought no changes to this issue. Anyone who can comment on this from Athom? @Taco ?
  • TacoTaco Member
    I saw an error where the pairing failed on the same command during pairing in multiple logs, so I'm investigating that. Besides that the causes are mostly an generic transmission errors from the chip. At the moment the best advice I can give is holding your device close to Homey when pairing.
  • Which "chip"?
    Homey or the device/sensor/module?
  • TacoTaco Member
    The Z-Wave chip we're using.
  • Any update on this @Taco ? I'm on .38 now and still I cannot use this device. It's been two months...
  • myllesmylles Member
    Im new to Homey and home automation in general but the Fibaro wall plug was the first device i tried with my new Homey. To start out with the interview with the wall plug failed and added it as a basic device. After a few tries with the same result i moved the wall plug closer to the Homey, tried to add it again and this time it worked just fine. Moved it back to the spot i need to use it and it has been working fine over the last week. It should be able to read power consumption as well but I dont see that part anywhere?

/Jacob
  • djeskodjesko Member
    mylles said:
    Im new to Homey and home automation in general but the Fibaro wall plug was the first device i tried with my new Homey. To start out with the interview with the wall plug failed and added it as a basic device. After a few tries with the same result i moved the wall plug closer to the Homey, tried to add it again and this time it worked just fine. Moved it back to the spot i need to use it and it has been working fine over the last week. It should be able to read power consumption as well but I dont see that part anywhere?

/Jacob
    does the plug work after a reboot ?  
  • myllesmylles Member
    edited June 2016
    Hmmm. I guess I have not tried that. I will try when i get home tonight.

EDIT: Just did a reboot. the plug is still there and i can toggle the on/off switch. I am doing this remotly so I am not able to see if the plug actually turn my light on.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    mylles said:
    Hmmm. I guess I have not tried that. I will try when i get home tonight.

EDIT: Just did a reboot. the plug is still there and i can toggle the on/off switch. I am doing this remotly so I am not able to see if the plug actually turn my light on.
    strange , my get added as generic on/off and dead after reboot 
  • OGSOGS Member
    I added 2 of them and both work fine. Added 1 in 0.8.35 and the first other in 0.8.38. 
    I added the first wrongly as switch but it works. The second I added as a wall plug and I can see all power and switch options but it is not updated when using it in a flow (power reading).  When opening in devices it updates and the flow is triggered. 
    Is this something known?
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi, adding the Wall plug was Easy, working Fine! But afther this the kaku Wall switches did not work anymore. Even afther a Long reboot. Is this a known issu?
    Thx!
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi ,

I added a fibare wall plug, only thing i did was 

Groep 1

Do is need to change anything else?
    It seems to work, only the energy update interval is verry low.

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    cautje said:
    Hi, adding the Wall plug was Easy, working Fine! But afther this the kaku Wall switches did not work anymore. Even afther a Long reboot. Is this a known issu?
    Thx!
    Kaku is caused by an update to the app, not related to your Fibaro, it's a coincidence :smile: 

For the groups, you need to check the manual. Fibaro is group 3 a lot of times. 
  • OGSOGS Member
    I set the group to 3 on the wall plug and now it reports power as it should
    thanks
  • Could you please post a screenshot of your setup?
This discussion has been closed.