This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Nice new website

Comments

• Looks nice! Great job Athom! +1
  • My compliments as well! Looks good  :)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Looks really nice. My only critique is, that the section "What a day with Homey is like" uses the same devices a bit too often. Imho a bit more variety (or just less examples) would have been better.

Oh, and no more mention how long people who order the Homey on the website now, have to wait? Does that mean if you order now, you can expect almost immediate delivery?

• Pffff, looks good? It's a very basic site  :D it's not bad, and it's not good... 
  • Very nice site. Very good knowledge base. Good adverts on it. Well done!
  • Bumblez said:
    Looks really nice. My only critique is, that the section "What a day with Homey is like" uses the same devices a bit too often. Imho a bit more variety (or just less examples) would have been better.

Oh, and no more mention how long people who order the Homey on the website now, have to wait? Does that mean if you order now, you can expect almost immediate delivery?

If you go through the order process it's stated that shipping takes place in Q2.
  • If you go through the order process it's stated that shipping takes place in Q2.
    Ah ok, I didn't go that far.
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited April 2016
    Reemster said:
    Pffff, looks good? It's a very basic site  D it's not bad, and it's not good... 
    But i must say, this page looks cool https://www.athom.com/en/homey/technology

• honeyhoney Member
    hold on! Homey is 247EUR + shipping?
  • Mooie site in het NEDERLANDS  :) :) :) Dan kan een Nederlands forum toch ook wel. Please Athom
  • Where do you see that? I see €299,- with free shipping.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    honey said:
    hold on! Homey is 247EUR + shipping?
    When you're importing from outside the EU, so count on import taxes!
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    It recognised my IP address as UK. And even when I filled in my details the VAT is still 0. Should be amended according to the country right at the beginning. Nice website btw.
  • I really like the new website, but while browsing it I stumbelled acros a few anomalies like claiming support for bluetooth speakers and services like spotify. Is it wise to claim functionalities that aren't availible yet? 
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    I guess there is no more beta preorder after this one, and they expect to have it by the public release of the Homey. The Zigbee does not work either. But it is momentary. On the technology page there is a disclaimer:

1 Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy support for Apps will be added soon through a Software Update.
    2 ZigBee support will be added soon through a Software Update.
  • Reemster said:
    Pffff, looks good? It's a very basic site  :D it's not bad, and it's not good... 
    I don't see it like basic, it's minimalistic.
    It's clean and simple, everything that needs to be there, is. :smile: 
  • Less is more - Frank Lloyd Wright

i like the Webdesign!
  • honey said:
    It recognised my IP address as UK. And even when I filled in my details the VAT is still 0. Should be amended according to the country right at the beginning. Nice website btw.
    This was displayed incorrectly and has been corrected. The VAT rules were imported for country code GB, while the order form identifies as UK.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks Jeroen. Yes I saw it was fixed few minutes after I commented. What a speed..

There is a missing image on this page, and text break needs a fix: https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000026/
    I think the existing YouTube video is good enough to use it here.
  • Also, on the technology page it says infrarood on the English version of the site. Noticed a typo on the community page as well; manu instead of many.

Looks good though! 
  • Also, on the technology page it says infrarood on the English version of the site. Noticed a typo on the community page as well; manu instead of many.

Looks good though! 
    Reported these to emile yesterday, should be fixed soon/already
  • Also in the dutch part. At the bottom of inzichten the button to go back to flows says inzichten. :)

• @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    On the bottom of the order page it says free shipping but on the shipping method it says 20€.

• That's strange, when I looked at that page there was no amount for shipping. (checking the website from Holland)
  • StefanStefan Member
    edited April 2016
    @btwvince, Shipping to Holland is fee. For some reason, our cart assumes that you're located somewhere else (could be IP, browser settings, ...). If you adjust it to 'netherlands' in the second page, the shipping costs will disappear 
  • @honey Thanks for noticing! I will update that support page right away!
  • i like the page with 'this is my Homey'   great closeup of the Homey and Power connector  ;-)
  • RoelofRos said:
    i like the page with 'this is my Homey'   great closeup of the Homey and Power connector  ;-)
    I prefer the close-ups in the 'technology' section  :)
  • Stefan said:
    @btwvince, Shipping to Holland is fee. For some reason, our cart assumes that you're located somewhere else (could be IP, browser settings, ...). If you adjust it to 'netherlands' in the second page, the shipping costs will disappear 
    This is correct i live in Belgium, I see it has been changed with NL next to it now.
    It think this is more clear to everyone that will buy one :)
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    @Bumblez I agree, that video is awesome. It looks like that the little white marker is kind of pointing to the LED chip instead of the microphone. Actually it is between the two.

Somewhere on the website a link should be added to the firmware and status pages. Can be useful for retail customers as well.

The new website is a major leap to elevate Athom`s PR.