This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Free Philips Hue Bloom (if you buy a Hue starterpack) NL

If you buy a Hue starterpack you receive a free Hue Bloom. I bought a "Philips Hue White E27 Lamp - Starter Pack met v2" + used discount code i received by subscribing their newsletter. I payed 75 euro, including shipment.

Find a starterset

Comments

• Can you give some more information about the website were you ordered?
  • DountillDountill Member
    edited April 2016
    tobyleurs said:
    Can you give some more information about the website were you ordered?
    What information do you need more? 
  • Sorry, I missed the link you posted. Just ordered the same.
  • "free" is always relative, as imho the Hue sets are still pretty expensive... Philips may need to lower their prices soon to stay competitive, as more and more competitors appear on the market, that are offering their products quite a bit cheaper (though, admittedly, often also with less functionality/flexibility)
  • yes but you pay for innovation and qaulity. I just ordered it. Great deal. Thanks for the tip!
  • Free is indeed relative, but i think the cheeper deals are great, for instance: Starterpack 2 white + basestation v2 + free bloom. Thanks for the tip!
  • Tempting...
    Can you use a bridge as an extender (like the lights)?
  • Vincent said:
    Tempting...
    I don't get your intention. Your lights need to connect to your bridge right? Or do you want to add another bridge (so you have more than one) to extend reach?
  • edited April 2016
    Dountill said:
    If you buy a Hue starterpack you receive a free Hue Bloom. I bought a "Philips Hue White E27 Lamp - Starter Pack met v2" + used discount code i received by subscribing their newsletter. I payed 75 euro, including shipment.

Find a starterset
    Thanks a lot! i was in the market for some hue stuff, but not happy about the price. this one made me jump in. €80.- inclusive sales tax (BTW) and transport (unfortunately only within the Netherlands, so i will pick it up later). I got the white starter set (v2) with new (square) bridge....
    BTW: I find it amazing that the Apple store still sells sets with  the old round bridge, as it is not iOS compatible if I remember correctly...
  • I don't know if the bridge is an extender; probably not as you can only connect your lights to one bridge at a time.

However, the lights themselves act as extenders (mesh-network)
  • Lights create a mesh network with each other which enables each light to pass on messages to the next extending the range and making everything more robust.
  • Dountill said:
    Vincent said:
    Tempting...
    I don't get your intention. Your lights need to connect to your bridge right? Or do you want to add another bridge (so you have more than one) to extend reach?
    I already have a bridge, but for the network to reach the light in the bedroom I have to keep my hallway lights 'on'. I would prefer a second bridge halfway to lose the dependency on the hallway lights (my kids keep turning these off). Like a wireless extender. But I'm pretty sure this isn't possible.
  • Perhaps it's better to replace your lightswitch a Hue tap. 
  • Can't you bypass the physical switch that connects to your hallway lights so they will always be 'on'?

• jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    Dountill said:

Find a starterset
    Thanks a lot! i was in the market for some hue stuff, but not happy about the price. this one made me jump in. €80.- inclusive sales tax (BTW) and transport (unfortunately only within the Netherlands, so i will pick it up later). I got the white starter set (v2) with new (square) bridge....
    BTW: I find it amazing that the Apple store still sells sets with  the old round bridge, as it is not iOS compatible if I remember correctly...

The app is IOS compatible, the old bridge is just not Homekit compatible so you are not able to control it with Siri (speech driven).

However, with Homey you can do that.... 
  • jorden said:
    Perhaps it's better to replace your lightswitch a Hue tap. 
    It's a hallway light with switches on either end. And I'm not very handy. But I bought it anyway, if I replace every light with a hue it must create a mesh large enough to reach everything :)
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited April 2016
    Vincent said:
    jorden said:
    It's a hallway light with switches on either end. And I'm not very handy. But I bought it anyway, if I replace every light with a hue it must create a mesh large enough to reach everything
    Maybe Hue dimmer switches is an option?!
  • Still scandalous prices. 2 *white* lamps and a bridge. 80 euro. You want color lamps? You have to buy 3, with the same bridge. 200 euro. 
    It's a very nice product but I'll skip -again-.
  • Vincent said:
    jorden said:
    It's a hallway light with switches on either end. And I'm not very handy. But I bought it anyway, if I replace every light with a hue it must create a mesh large enough to reach everything :)
    You can disconnect the light from it's switching wire. Put it on permanent wire, so it will mesh too. Put a Fibaro 2x1.5 switch for example on the wire end from the switches. This way you can keep the "hotelschakeling" (see https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisselschakeling) as-is.

Create a flow which responds to Fibaro changes and then send commands to you Hue's through Homey. That's what I do.

(Except that Homey hangs every 2 days, and Homey is quite cumbersome in controlling lots of Hue lights, so I now use HC2 until Homey is more stable and more capable, but that doesn't change the solution.)
  • PimBliek said:
    Still scandalous prices. 2 *white* lamps and a bridge. 80 euro. You want color lamps? You have to buy 3, with the same bridge. 200 euro. 
    Well, with the special offer it is 2 white lamps (but changeable color temperature white what a normal lamp doesn't offer), the hue bridge (Homey should be abel to replace that one day, but doesn't do so yet) AND you get the Bloomey color spot.... that doesn't sound all that outrageously expensive any more.... but of course everyone should decide for him/her self.
  • PimBliek said:
    Still scandalous prices. 2 *white* lamps and a bridge. 80 euro. You want color lamps? You have to buy 3, with the same bridge. 200 euro. 
    Well, with the special offer it is 2 white lamps (but changeable color temperature white what a normal lamp doesn't offer), the hue bridge (Homey should be abel to replace that one day, but doesn't do so yet) AND you get the Bloomey color spot.... that doesn't sound all that outrageously expensive any more.... but of course everyone should decide for him/her self.
    Correction, the hue white bulbs are only dim able, you aren't able to change the temperature.. If you can then please tell me how haha. Have right now 4 white bulbs 3 color bulbs 1 rgb hue strip and 3 on off dimmers on the wall. Works indeed flawless
  • Reflow said:
    PimBliek said:
    Correction, the hue white bulbs are only dim able, you aren't able to change the temperature.. If you can then please tell me how haha. Have right now 4 white bulbs 3 color bulbs 1 rgb hue strip and 3 on off dimmers on the wall. Works indeed flawless
    For white and change off temperature you have to get the lightify bulbs (osram) did not test them with hue bridge......but seem to work
  • Didn't try the Lightify bulbs, but I can confirm the Lightify GU10 Tunable Whites can be connected to a Philips hue bridge and can be used as regular Philips lamps except for Siri functionality.
  • But can you set the temperature as well, or only dim because is connected to the hue bridge?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016

Yes, the temperature and brightness can be set by sliders, when a light that supports temperatures is added, there is a bar added to the screen where you select colors. See the screenshot below.

• @DaneeDeKruyff time for some lightify gu10 bulbs then  :p looking for a good deal......
  • Thx,
  • Reflow said:
    PimBliek said:
    Thanks for the correction, indeed only 2700 K, I agree with Pimbliek that the colored Hue lamps are still WAY overpriced..... So we should check competitors as well.