This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

"Your Homey is on it's way! A few notes from Athom" - the April 5 Kickstarter update

BumblezBumblez Member
edited April 2016 in Archive
This particular Kickstarter update is only available to backers. But as a pre-order who should also receive his Homey before the end of the month (but who, as a non-backer, can not read that Kickstarter update), I can't escape the feeling that there may be some relevant info in there. I tried sending a PM to Emile about this, but he doesn't seem to respond to PMs on this forum. So I'm taking the forum approach... can anyone summarize the relevant parts of this Kickstarter update for the non-backers (ie. pre-orders) ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• viktorviktor Member
    edited April 2016
    Hallo @Bumblez

I received Email from Stefan with the Kickstarter Update. You can PM me your Emailadress and i can send you the update.

Edit: Sorry
  • I did receive update #31 by email, and an email about "Shipping options and address for Homey", but I never received an email with update #32. So yes, if you can forward that to me, I would appreciate it.  PM sent.
  • What to expect to work, and what not

The Homey you're receiving is in an early bèta state. This means that bugs will be found. Probably even a lot. But hey, you knew that when you backed us, right? ;-)

Please report all software bugs you encounter to our issue tracker:https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues. You can also find existing issues here. This keeps it clear for others so we can focus on solving them easily.

What you can expect that will work:

• Devices
    • Flows
    • Insights (data logging)
    • Settings
    • Apps
    • Homey talking back
    • Speech input (but see below)

What `kind of` works:

• Music playback is currently limited to playing one song. Playlists and queue are on the to-do list;
    • Speech recognition is not yet perfect. We still need to tweak the audio chip a lot, to account for noisy environments.
    • Apps might break because we release new software pretty fast, and every app has to keep up. Apps do automatically update, so give it some time.

For a full list of features we're working on, please refer to Athom's Public Timeline for Homey.

Getting started

To get started when you received your Homey:

Our new website will feature an extensive Knowledge Base and is planned to launch this week.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks! Not all that much new info, but still, imho that's definitely useful info for all the pre-order people who should soon receive their Homeys.
  • Sorry guys

that was the Preorder Selection Mail, not the Update.

sorry for that.
  • Ok, thanks for the info. So that means I'm still wondering what Kickstarter update #32 is about, and if there's anything in there that is relevant to pre-orders... if anyone else can solve the mystery...
  • The post @Vincent made -is- update #32.
  • Ah, good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.
This discussion has been closed.