This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Disable the Led ring

Os it possible to disable the led ring while the mic is still enabled? I reallllly hate the white led ring spinning evry two minutes when watching tv or having a normal conversation!

I do want the voice control but don't need this bright led shing!

Comments

• You can turn it off in Settings -> LED Ring. Or do it in a flow between certain times (mine turns off in the evening for example).
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2016
    @MartijnDeRhoter, haven't tested this yet but when you disable the led ring, does it stay off also when 'ok homey' is used (or incorrectly recognised)?
  • Fire69 said:
    @MartijnDeRhoter, haven't tested this yet but when you disable the led ring, does it stay off also when 'ok homey' is used (or incorrectly recognised)?
    No, it will still give you visual feedback. Perhaps putting the led brightness to 0 or 1% will help you out.
  • I set the led-ring to 0%, then it's really off. But indeed, you're missing out on the feedback when talking :wink: 
  • edited April 2016
    How can i switch the LED ring off at a certain time? In the flow card i can only seem to set the brightness to 0. The other options are for special ring actions.

Right now i set the brightness to 0, but that also disables the feedback. I would like to keep the feedback.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Maybe set the led ring to 1 percent on the "homey starts listening flowCard and to 0 again when he stops listening (or after a certain delay). 
    you could use better logic to only do this when a variable (ledringoff) is true. 
  • Thanks for your help guys!
This discussion has been closed.