This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

long "and" rules

Today i wanted to creat a flow for my recycle bins, on the even weeks its the grey on the other weeks the green.
ran into an issue where if u got allot of "and" rules u cant scroll up anymore, also when u save the flow u cant scroll at all!

btw there has to be an easyer way to do this right? :p

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    The week number cannot be 19 and 21, so your flow is already invalid. You might be able to do this by using better logic (although I don't know how)
  • @MarcelKuijper ; I noticed the same issue with the scroll-thing.
    My solution is to Zoom out my screen. That way I can see the list.

Good luck, but I do concur that this is a (small) isue
  • Haha I am planning on how to implement the same use case in Homey. Me and my GF could use a reminder to put the right container at the roadside.... Somehow we forget it often and are like: "Shit...."  when we come back home from work and we see the containers of our neighbours on the roadside :wink: 

I am planning on using the better logic app for this, so hopefully the flow can stay small. Looking at your screenshot you have put a lot of cards in there :smiley: 
  • MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited April 2016
    The flow is indeed corrupt, u cant use the "and" tab for it, i simply made a flow with a time, "and" day as thuesday, "then" pushover message "with what ever u like"

But the "and" column bug is real!
  • You could create a flow that triggers every Tuesday. It flips a boolean value - if the value is true, put Grey out, if it's false -> Green.

The Better Logic app has this boolean flip functionality.
  • I wouldnt know how to create this, i did install the app and tryed to search for it, couldnt find wot i needed.
  • edited April 2016
    @MarcelKuijper ; this seems te be working. You just have to set a string variable and create 2 flows smile
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited April 2016
    Haha I am planning on how to implement the same use case in Homey. Me and my GF could use a reminder to put the right container at the roadside.... Somehow we forget it often and are like: "Shit...."  when we come back home from work and we see the containers of our neighbours on the roadside wink

I am planning on using the better logic app for this, so hopefully the flow can stay small. Looking at your screenshot you have put a lot of cards in there smiley 
    +1 for that idea. 
    I use now the Icalendar to voice app. 
    Only each day at 19.00 homey say I have no appointment 
  • @MarcelKuijper ; this seems te be working. You just have to set a string variable and create 2 flows smile
    this means 1 week he says green other week grey? If so ill try it asap.
  • Correct... When the variable is green it will say you have to put the green one out, and after telling you it changes the variable to grey for the next week.
  • @MarcelKuijper ; this seems te be working. You just have to set a string variable and create 2 flows smile
    I would have set the day as first criteria because that could possibly save some resources because it's triggered less often.
  • That was wat I wanted to do as well @RobinVanKekem! But it seems not possible to select a weekday in the <IF> field............
  • I don't think it will trigger less, it will probably trigger even more.

Every second of the specific day the IF column will be true, but the AND column will be false.

This way the IF column can only be true once a day.
This discussion has been closed.