This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

JaxcJaxc Member
edited April 2016 in Apps
Will the older Kaku devices like sun-500 be supported?
they are setup by code via a scroll weel... Cant seem to configure them now!!!

Comments

• JaxcJaxc Member
    thnx, i will wait for the fix :)

• Yeah, i have the same problems with ELRO plug sockets .. hope it is fixt soon  :)
  • Kaku status is wrong in homey. Light is on and looks off on my.athom. 
    Is this a common issue?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @Tim_Brass ;
    Kaku has no feedback, so homey can't know in what state the Kaku is in until you turn it on/off
    There is a dedicated on and off command, so turning it on in homey wil keep the Kaku on, and "update" the status to correct. 
  • After everything worked for 2 days, the 3th day all of my kaku devices don't respond anymore.
    Has someone else the same problems?
    I already restarted and reïnstalled the app
  • @btwvince ;
    have you tried powering homey off and on again? (unplug power cord)
    It might be the 433 chip that crashed, this won't be fixxed by restarting or reinstalling the app.

This is a well known issue, that is slowly getting better in time.
  • Just tried that but same problem still
  • i had this problem as wel a few days back, but no clue how it was fixed eventually, it suddenly worked again after a normal reboot. (from within the setting menu).
    So just fingers crossed when rebooting? :neutral: 
  • I've done everything because at this point i have not the mood to redo every flow i will just wait a few more days before i reset. I hope this will also get fixed by itself or through an update
  • I had this exact same problem, power off/on and reboot did not do anything. I then did the factory reset* where I KEPT all my settings & flows (this took about 2 minutes) and all worked perfect again.

*: Turn Homey upside down with the power plugged in, wait untill the 10 seconds are counted down, set down Homey and go through the motions to select wifi access point etc, login with your existing credentials and choose the option to keep all your settings :smiley: 
  • Completely dead here as well. Did the full reset. Reinstalled the app. Reinstalled the devices. Nothing.

Not to happy with it at the moment. 
  • Julian said:
    I had this exact same problem, power off/on and reboot did not do anything. I then did the factory reset* where I KEPT all my settings & flows (this took about 2 minutes) and all worked perfect again.

*: Turn Homey upside down with the power plugged in, wait untill the 10 seconds are counted down, set down Homey and go through the motions to select wifi access point etc, login with your existing credentials and choose the option to keep all your settings :smiley: 
    Good that it worked for you, but it didn't work for me :(
  • Ah, too bad, strange that it works for some and for others not :(
  • For me it works mostly to put them in on-state but i can't turn them off
    Anyone knows when there will be an update?
  • Julian said:
    Ah, too bad, strange that it works for some and for others not :(
    The new patch fixed it for me somehow
  • Any news on the old cacu devices/dimmers?

i can add them as old socket but cant dim them
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    moved
  • JanH said:
    My 3 kaku/coco devices were acting quite well at v0.8.30.
    However since my update to 0.8.32 they are very unreliable and unstable. They still can be paired but switching by a flow or by voice is not successful in 9 out of 10 times. They seem to unpair themselves but are still existing at the UI. The devices are a wallswitch, a dimmer and a socket, all new types. What happened to the newest FW?
    Wrong topic ?
    it says,
    Will the older Kaku devices like sun-500 be supported?

topics getting messy like this imo
  • JanHJanH Member
    @markmg You are right sir, my apology. The title of this topic however is quite general.
  • Is it possible that Homey can work with KaKu (CoCo) Alset 2000 safety set?

If you look in the Homey app store 
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.klikaanklikuit
    This set is not supported, only the shown devices.

If you look in the Homey app store 
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.klikaanklikuit
    This set is not supported, only the shown devices.

1. thank you Geurt Dijker, do you think it will ever be supported?

• markmgmarkmg Member
    Any news on the old type dimmers?

Still only able to ad them as socket not as dimmer :'(
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have set a socket as fan, but it's not visible in the flow manager. 

Is this a new issue? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    No, this is rather an old issue :smile: 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    But still not solved. Thanks :-) 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Any news on older Cocu devices support like Sun-500 etc...
  • Unfortunately the support of the KaKu codewheels is not so high in the priority list of Athom...
  • Is there any plan to support generic 433mhz devices? About two years ago when I backed Homey, I bought a few RF plugs locally (expecting them to work with Homey) but I've tried several times over the past week or two to pair, and Homey never seems to catch the signal...