This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Z-Wave: Everspring ST 814 temperature & humidity sensor : humidity not reported

Does anyone has the Everspring ST 814 humidity reporting correctly?

I can include/exclude the device perfectly ( it detects 3 devices ).  But it only reports battery level and temperature.  The 3rd device should be humidity, but it is empty.

The action cards in a flow also only show temperature and battery change cards, not a humidity change.

Is humidity not supported yet? According to the device's manual:

1-1-2-1 Humidity SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_REPORT [Command Class Sensor Multilevel, Sensor Multilevel Report, Sensor Type = 0 x 05 (Relative Humidity), Precision+Scale+Size = 0 x 01, Sensor Value 1 = 20-90%]
 Example: Sensor Value 1 = 0x23 Humidity Value = Sensor Value = 35 (%) 

Comments

• none of my 3 different devices that have a humidity sensor report humidity.
    Guess the humidity still needs to be dev-ed
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited April 2016
    @Taco ;
    I raised issue 387 on github, which was closed with comment : fixed in 0.8.28.   I am now running 0.8.29 and removed and added the ST-814 device. 5 hours in, but Humidity is still not reported yet, only battery & temperature.

Can you shed your light on this?
  • TacoTaco Member
    The humidity capability wasn't correctly assigned to devices by the driver due a bug in the Sensor Multilevel command class implementation. This affected all devices supporting the Sensor Multilevel Humidity sensor. I've tested this with a Aeotec Multisensor 6.

Did you remove the sensor from the network and added it again?
  • aloftaloft Member
    Taco said:
    The humidity capability wasn't correctly assigned to devices by the driver due a bug in the Sensor Multilevel command class implementation. This affected all devices supporting the Sensor Multilevel Humidity sensor. I've tested this with a Aeotec Multisensor 6.

Did you remove the sensor from the network and added it again?
    Yes, I removed and re-added it from the network. I'll check some more with various parameter settings to force updates, but so far the 'sub-node' device doesn't show any reports, while temperature is updating regurlarly. 

I also don't have action/flow cards for humidity. 

When in the process is detected that it has a humidity capability? During interview? Or when the first report comes in?
  • TacoTaco Member
    Does the device card shows humidity? Or is it just not updating?
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited April 2016
    No, it only shows temperature and battery level:

(There is no horizontal scrolling)

During interview , it finds 3 devices, one main device, the first sub-device shows temperature, the second sub-device is empty:

in Z-wave settings:

• TacoTaco Member
    Could you post the console output of your browser when opening the device card of the second endpoint.
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Taco ;
    In addition to above error checking, I again removed the Z-wave device, rebooted the Homey and added the device again. No luck. Issue log:  931D2AE2FD
    Steps after reboot:
    - Add device as 3 sensors
    - Added group 1
    - Manual sync via device

The second end-point is still not showing anything (besides the error in the console log)

HTH
  • aloftaloft Member
    Updated Github issue 387 https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/387 with this info
This discussion has been closed.