This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

IR signal not seen by Homey - NAD T758 receiver with NAD AVR 4 remote

Hi,
I would like to be able control my NAD receiver.
It has an IR remote, the so-called NAD AVR 4. 
Now, in My Homey I select: Devices --> Add Device --> InfraRed --> Manual.
If I now press buttons on my remote (and aim at the Homey) I do not see any response from the UI; it simply continues to show the spinner in the 'signal' column. No response whatsoever.
Due to this, I am unable to control my NAD from the Homey.
The NAD remote can be used on 2 different frequencies. I tried both.
I checked the manual and did not find any specs on the IR frequency used. I did find the set of commands (IR and RS232) via this http://nadelectronics.com/download-agree/160308150939-T758_RS232_docs.zip|T758 RS232 Codes
Any idea what this could be?
Thx,
Roel

Comments

• You have to keep the key pressed for a few seconds. After you release the key the signal is recorded. Perhaps this helps...
  • Thanks for the suggestion Bas. I did try that... keeping it pressed for a few seconds but that did not work unfortunately. 
  • Or try to repeatedly press the button a few times a second for the period of a few seconds. 

Also try to turn the ledring brightness to <=10%

Also try to point your remote directly to homey at a distance of max 30cm.
  • Thanks Marco. Just tried your suggestions. I noticed the LED ring goes off when you open the dialog to manually set up infrared. So that should not have been a problem. Long pressing, repeatedly pressing, close range. I tried all of it with different combinations and with different keys (like on/off/volume up/volume down/channel selection) but no result.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I had to press ~2 secs repeatedly (really fast) and hold the button for ~2 secs right after that to get vacuum cleaner remote recognized. 
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    IR doesn't work yet. I have several IR remotes and I got only one to work. I am now using Logitech Harmony, which works with all my remotes without any problems.
  • EdTst said:
    IR doesn't work yet. I have several IR remotes and I got only one to work. I am now using Logitech Harmony, which works with all my remotes without any problems.
    So its doesn't work, but you got one remote work..... 
    How is that possible?
  • IR works with some, not all remotes. All we need to find out is which remote works best - anyone with a Harmony can then emulate that one and properly control his or her Homey.

So let's make a list! @EdTst, you're first :)
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    I already entered my list of remotes in the github issue about IR. Maybe proceed there?
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    MarcoF said:
    EdTst said:
    So its doesn't work, but you got one remote work..... 
    How is that possible?

See the GitHub issue. Unline Logitech Harmony, Homey is only able to recognize certain types of remotes. Athom explains this in the IR issue on GitHub. Therefore IR won't work for many people when the remote isn't in the database.
  • Can you link to the issue?
This discussion has been closed.