This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Lower the volume of Homey

Is there a way to lower the volume of homey? I cant find an option for this. I find it to loud.

Comments

• That option is still missing right now in the settings. 

You can however make a flow to adjust  the speaker volume. 
  • Such a easy fix to add to settings and now 2 months later still not added come on Athom.
  • kitkat said:
    Such a easy fix to add to settings and now 2 months later still not added come on Athom.
    Its Beta and Unstable. The guys have much more (bigger) issues to solve then a silly volume slider.....
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited April 2016
    As a small tip, only the percentage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 do work to lower the volume, al percentages >9 don't lower te volume.
  • And as a addition to @Arjan;

There's a multiplier bug in homeys backend engine, so;
    1 = 10%
    2 = 20%
    and so on

And because of the bug the volume can't be lower then 10%.
  • MarcoF said:
    kitkat said:
    Such a easy fix to add to settings and now 2 months later still not added come on Athom.
    Its Beta and Unstable. The guys have much more (bigger) issues to solve then a silly volume slider.....

If it is a silly volume slider you can add it to a update. To show some progress and that you listen to feedback of users :). Bigger issues doesnt mean to forget smaller issues. 
  • You said it, I thought it but said it differently B)  
  • kitkat said:
    If it is a silly volume slider you can add it to a update. To show some progress and that you listen to feedback of users :). Bigger issues doesnt mean to forget smaller issues. 
    They didn't forget the smaller issues. They just haven't had time for it yet. They can only spend their time once...
  • Bumblez said:
    kitkat said:
    They didn't forget the smaller issues. They just haven't had time for it yet. They can only spend their time once...
    True but still if it was up to me I rather have a working small new feature to show progress and that features are being added. Then wait 1 week and the update fixes somethings and breaks other things right :)  
  • kitkat said:
    True but still if it was up to me I rather have a working small new feature to show progress and that features are being added. Then wait 1 week and the update fixes somethings and breaks other things right :)  
    Well, if that working small feature breaks something else (possibly big), then you will have even more complaints...
  • Doesnt seem to be a small issue considering how many people have mentioned or complained about this. If its easy to fix I would call it a quick win making several customers a little bit happier.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Can you see/predict the impact of this so called small change? 
    Is it now impossible to change the volume? 

The bug is in the backend engine of Homey. 

Have some patience..... 

Thanx! 
This discussion has been closed.