This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.29

tunftunf Member
This post is to discuss the 0.8.29 firmware release items. Please post issues still to github!

Comments

• Z-wave still as unstable as the nuclear reactor fukushima @ .27
    No changes in changelog for that but i had my hopes.
  • MoekMoek Member
    I feel homey understands me 200% better.
    Just put homey to the test by saying anything that came to mind and homey only didn't understand sinaasappelkistje :)
    He still says "downing ligts off/on" when I say "licht uit/aan" though, but hey, who cares, he does what he's supposed to.

• honeyhoney Member
    @Moek That is really impressive. Can`t comment on the Dutch words but it recognising fibaro and a b c d is beyond good.

https://firmware.athom.com
    Apperently 0.8.27 & 0.8.29 made it to the stable channel.
  • Nice! Cutting board, potato, mayonnaise, eating fries tonight?
  • @Moek : How is English recognition for you? I noticed Dutch recognition was quite good for me too...
  • MoekMoek Member
    RikPost said:
    Nice! Cutting board, potato, mayonnaise, eating fries tonight?

Yeah as you might have noticed homey's in the kitchen at the moment :)

• MoekMoek Member
    @Moek : How is English recognition for you? I noticed Dutch recognition was quite good for me too...
    Haven't tried english since the clean wipe.
    I 'm a little afraid I might screw up something by changing to english...
  • MoekMoek Member
    Crap, shouldn't have brought it up.
    Homey getting dumb again.
    Single words work pretty good but multiple words are harder I guess.
    As you can see he doesn't understand "ganglicht aan" most of the times.
    "water koken" sometimes becomes waterkoker but asking it in a sentence helps.

• Which makes me think again, that you've switched to an other voice recognition server that doesn't work as well as the other one...
  • MoekMoek Member
    jorden said:
    Which makes me think again, that you've switched to an other voice recognition server that doesn't work as well as the other one...
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If only we could check some log to see which server was addressed so athom can remove it from the serverlist :) 
  • honeyhoney Member
    I guess it also depends on the language some are good on certain local languages. Might be good to make a language/accuracy/engine/speed matrix.
  • ?? Before i update form .27 to .29. How come it's .29 while the only thing fixed is the Wifi recovery? It jumps by 2 versions though there seem to be no major changes, as was stated in the previous updates ??
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited April 2016
    MarcoWijk said:
    ?? Before i update form .27 to .29. How come it's .29 while the only thing fixed is the Wifi recovery? It jumps by 2 versions though there seem to be no major changes, as was stated in the previous updates ??
    The number with which the patch number (the z in x.y.z) increments has nothing to do with the size of the changes. It just means a version 0.8.28 was built, but never released to the world, which could happen for a great number of reasons. For example: internal testing of a specific version, testing and/or changing of the build process, hotfixing a bug on a Homey that is going to be used in demo's, or even that a bug was found right after building. 
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    So what does improved wi-fi recovery means?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    It was a small fix to make sure the new setup.athom.com works correctly.
  • Emile fix it only for me, because I had problems with the setup  :p
  • Emile said:
    It was a small fix to make sure the new setup.athom.com works correctly.
    from .27 to .29 only that wifi is fixed or various bugs removed / features added that are not on the list :P
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    got mine :) . is there a description off the colors of the led ring somewhere?
    mine is cycling purplish after an update... 
    Guess its processing the update...
  • StefanStefan Member
    edited April 2016
    Description of Colors will be on the new website. A sneak preview explaining the different colors:

Loading animations

One of the most common animations of the LED ring is the loading animation, consisting of a part of the ring that is circling and growing/shrinking. This indicates Homey is busy doing something.

You can determine what Homey exactly is doing from color of the animation:

• White - Homey is processing speech input
    • Orange - Homey is generally loading/busy (like booting)
    • Blue - Homey is downloading something from the internet (like a new app)
    • Purple - Homey is updating itself at the moment, or is powered on upside down (turn it off and turn it on when upright).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @JurgenHuijbregts ;;
    https://forum.athom.com/search?Search=purple

then
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/9251/#Comment_9251

post from @Emile;
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/9256/#Comment_9256

following the link @Emile is mentioning results in;
    Page Not Found
    The page you were looking for could not be found.

A lot of posts say that there homey is purple for >15min. but with no solution?!

• woeiwoei Member
    edited April 2016
    Stefan said:
    • Purple - Homey is updating itself at the moment, or is powered on upside down (turn it off and turn it on when upright).
    What do we do if gravity fails? How am I to use Homey in the ISS? Or how does it handle the 38% relative gravity on Mars when I move there in a couple of years? You really didn't do any future proofing  :'( :D .
  • Asking homey to turn the lights off.

whe he Finaly got it, he also reacted to noices:

• @woei: If you, or anyone else, ever get to take a Homey to the ISS or Mars, please do contact me and i'll personally see to it that you'll get a homey that will work there... :smiley: 
This discussion has been closed.