This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So we've received the new 'OK Homey' trigger...

Comments

• tunftunf Member
    man i <3 forums and 1 april.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    @tunf .. the new trigger even listens to okidoki (without homey)    B)
    It shouldn't!
    tunf said:
    man i <3  forums and 1 april.
    Man I <3  being right (on 1 april) : okidoki triggers Homey  >:)
  • tunftunf Member
    so cool!
  • Fire69 said:
    @tunf .. the new trigger even listens to okidoki (without homey)    B)
    It shouldn't!
    tunf said:
    man i <3  forums and 1 april.
    Man I <3  being right (on 1 april) : okidoki triggers Homey  >:)
    I'm not saying it doesn't trigger on your 'okidoki', I said it shouldn't :)

Why? Because if 'okidoki' works, other false positives will also happen, and you don't want that...
  • @Fire69 agree.. it shouldn't. 

Just completed the voice training on 0.8.27... but Homey still listens to 'okidoki'

I already noticed after updating to 0.8.27 some false positives based on the chit chat of my sons (around 10 years old, so not 'bearded') on the couch... 

But I have to say, I also noticed these false triggers with 0.8.24.
    So I'm not sure if the false triggering really increased with 0.8.27; will check tomorrow.
  • Still not triggering here AT ALL! :angry: 
    Also the training is never successful, always 'too loud', 'too much background noise' (it's totally silent here), ...
    This is getting very frustrating now...
  • Fire69 said:
    Still not triggering here AT ALL! :angry: 
    Also the training is never successful, always 'too loud', 'too much background noise' (it's totally silent here), ...
    This is getting very frustrating now...
    I noticed (again) a full reset helps a lot. After that four of five voicetests succeeded the first time.
  • edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Still not triggering here AT ALL! angry 

The same here!
    Worst april fools joke ever!  

update: voice trainer don`t work good, dit not finish the trainer!  But "ok homey" works just fine to activate my flows!? 
  • Maybe its an idea to collect voice samples from the people who are having problem with the trigger. At the moment it seems to be a limited amount of people who have this issue and could be related.
  • They used 1000 (professional?) samples, I don't think my voice is that special that they need it separately  :p
  • You never know maybe you have something special to offer :wink:
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Would be very odd if every homey customer needs to provide a voice sample... And every customer needs to do a full reset after every system update. 
  • MarcoF said:
    Would be very odd if every homey customer needs to provide a voice sample... And every customer needs to do a full reset after every system update. 
    Would be odd if some people bothered to understand what is written. Who said anything about every customer.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    So only the people with troubles to get voice recognition work should send a voice sample to athom and after receiving a couple of new samples athom can resample the trigger for big bucks? 

Maybe it's a idea to put a sticker on every (retail) box:
    Having troubles getting voice to work? Send us your voice and we generate a new trigger for you!

Right....
  • ok homey has started working ish again, .24 caused that to stop and instead hey homey semi worked, but since .27 its triggered loads of times from the TV, especially not funny when it starts relaying stuff from wiki etc.. and you cant stop it.

So overall things are still BAD.
  • Unfortunately I can confirm .27 worsen speech recognition for me. OK Homey trigger is not working for me at all. Also mic training all red. Worst response since .17.
  • Well, since .24 it stopped working for me, .27 didn't work either (trigger or training).  I was about to give up completely, but this morning I passed by my Homey and almost desperately said 'ok homey' and it reacted!!
    It's working relatively good now, from a couple of meters away.
  • Fire69 said:
    Well, since .24 it stopped working for me, .27 didn't work either (trigger or training).  I was about to give up completely, but this morning I passed by my Homey and almost desperately said 'ok homey' and it reacted!!
    It's working relatively good now, from a couple of meters away.
    I guess you have to keep moving while you're talking ;)
  • Did some more tests now, and it works from at least 10m away. :)
    Well, it works to trigger.  But voice recognition really sucks. Far away or up close, I only get 'gibberish' back...
    'good night' returns 'i', 'i also', 'three', ...  very strange  :/
  • What do you mean with "to trigger" and "voice recognition" ? What kind of command should I think of?
  • MarcoF said:
    What do you mean with "to trigger" and "voice recognition" ? What kind of command should I think of?
    I guess "Ok, Homey" works but the rest doesn't?
  • Vincent said:
    MarcoF said:
    What do you mean with "to trigger" and "voice recognition" ? What kind of command should I think of?
    Yep.
    I wouldn't say the rest doesn't work completely, but I have to repeat the command on average 5 times before it's correct...
  • Fire69 said:
    Vincent said:
    MarcoF said:
    Yep.
    I wouldn't say the rest doesn't work completely, but I have to repeat the command on average 5 times before it's correct...
    Same here, the built in commands like what is the time work pretty well but the flows I have that trigger on "you said something" which contains "some word" are often not recognized.
  • That's odd...
    More finetuning of the Mics and Trigger sample(s)?
  • Tje trigger is not linked to the rest of the command, so more samples won't change that.
    It's either the mics or the services they use. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Tje trigger is not linked to the rest of the command, so more samples won't change that.
    It's either the mics or the services they use. 

Hmmm, do you have a Monday Morning Homey?
  • EdTstEdTst Member

With the new 0.8.27 firmware I found that Homey reacts a little better to OK Homey, but the false positives have become worse. Having music of TV on makes it worse.

• Keep in mind its still unstable and experimental!
    So please do a complete system wipe, try again and send (crash) reports to Athom!

Maybe the can fix this before the userbase doubles within the next couple of days.
  • EdTst said:

With the new 0.8.27 firmware I found that Homey reacts a little better to OK Homey, but the false positives have become worse. Having music of TV on makes it worse.

I experienced the same, but then got the tip to retrain with my voice. After that I rebooted (since z-wave didn't work well after the update) and then no more false positives.
This discussion has been closed.