This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] iCalender to Voice App (v0.9.0)

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    Great! Those were the exact flows I created! I can delete those now, makes the list a little cleaner :smiley: 

Did you notice you can't use 'today'? No matter how I created my flow, when 'today' was in it, Homey always announced the date/time... 
    Glad you like the new native voice triggers. They we're kind of obviously so, no surprices there.

I did notice "today" would Always announce the current date first, because of an integrated voice trigger. But my own triggers based on the same keyword did fire right after that.

I've suggesties to @Emile to expose somewhere which triggers are in the system already. Also supporter triggers per app should be visible through the AppStore, if you ask me.
  • I have now created a garbisch flow ;) 
    Each day before the garbisch is collect i get a reminder! 

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016

Announcement

Version 0.1.4 of the iCalendar to Voice App was just published to the App Store.

• Added support for native voice triggers (see start post for specifics).
    • Added action flow card to announce your appointments for a specific day of the week.
  • Has anyone been able to connect to an Outlook.com calendar? You can create a link to webcals://sharing.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/secret_guids/calendar.ics, and pasting this into the settings page for the app doesn't generate an error anywhere, but it doesn't seem to read the calendar info either :)
  • Has anyone been able to connect to an Outlook.com calendar? You can create a link to webcals://sharing.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/secret_guids/calendar.ics, and pasting this into the settings page for the app doesn't generate an error anywhere, but it doesn't seem to read the calendar info either :)
    You might want to replace the webcals:// part with a simple https:// or http://, the webcal-part of the url isn't used a lot and for what I know doesn't have a real purpose...
  • Worth a shot! I'll give it a try, thanks.
  • @MartijnDeRhoter Changing the schema to https:// should work. Please let me know if it does!
  • @brinkie:

It works! Created an appointment for 10:00 today, the standard 15-min-warning successfully put two tokens (appointment and date) in a variable. Excellent!

• @brinkie:

It works! Created an appointment for 10:00 today, the standard 15-min-warning successfully put two tokens (appointment and date) in a variable. Excellent!

Nice!
  • @brinkie, did you have the time to check the recurrent bug yet?
    I was trying the new build-in voice triggers and wanted to check my calendar for tomorrow.
    These are our appointments for tomorrow:

Never mind the content  :p

This is what I get in return for 'schedule tomorrow'

There is a little discrepancy  :#
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    No, I haven't had the time yet.
  • ThijsDeJongThijsDeJong Member
    edited April 2016
    I can't seem to get Icalender to work with outlook. When I put in the information (change it to HTTPS:// !!! and safe... Nothing happens...?
    @brinkie
    Sorry it works now. 

• I can't seem to get Icalender to work with outlook. When I put in the information (change it to HTTPS:// !!! and safe... Nothing happens...?

This I kind of vage. Could be elaborate some more on what information you're entering where?
  • JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    hi @brinkie Using your iCal app (great work!) i created a flow to send me a push message to Homey's mobile app 10 minutes before an appointment. Somehow I don't get this work. Is there any way to test if your iCal app really gets access to my calendar?
    EDIT: I now discovered what's wrong. After the initial saving of my ical URL in the iCal app settings, it worked fine. Then I added a 2nd calendar URL and saved it. Then, after refreshing the app settings page, both of my calendars had suddenly disappeared. Is that a known bug, @brinkie ;?
    EDIT2: ehm, and they reappear after some short time. Really strange...
  • Jon said:
    hi @brinkie Using your iCal app (great work!) i created a flow to send me a push message to Homey's mobile app 10 minutes before an appointment. Somehow I don't get this work. Is there any way to test if your iCal app really gets access to my calendar?
    EDIT: I now discovered what's wrong. After the initial saving of my ical URL in the iCal app settings, it worked fine. Then I added a 2nd calendar URL and saved it. Then, after refreshing the app settings page, both of my calendars had suddenly disappeared. Is that a known bug, @brinkie ;?
    just noticed the same here, calendars are disappeared
  • How much time does it take for the calendars to disappear? I noticed the same but haven't been able to pinpoint a timeslot.
  • I haven't heard of this before. I'll investigate.
  • Jon said:

Noticed this too. 
    But... I've had this with other apps also, so I think it's a Homey bug. 
    Maybe related to the variables disappearing? 
  • Fire69 said:
    Jon said:

Noticed this too. 
    But... I've had this with other apps also, so I think it's a Homey bug. 
    Maybe related to the variables disappearing? 
    And the email app which loses the accounts as well. Homey is in a pretty bad shape since 0.8.29 (for me speech to text stopped working as well).
  • Like Fire69 assumes, everything looks like the same problem, memory gets freed to aggressively (but don't know much about programming)?
  • Jon said:
    just noticed the same here, calendars are disappeared
    and also appeared again here as well, after reboot
  • Well, my calendars all disappeared again, and I couldn't get them back.
    Tried adding them again, but saving didn't do anything...
    Had to remove the app and install it again, then I could add them.
  • @Fire69 wasn't it enough to disable and re-enable the app and after that trigger an event (like having Homey tell your appointments for today?) That worked for me, I didn't have to add the calendar again...
  • @Fire69 wasn't it enough to disable and re-enable the app and after that trigger an event (like having Homey tell your appointments for today?) That worked for me, I didn't have to add the calendar again...
    Forgot to try disabling the app :)
    Hope it doesn't again, otherwise I will try that first...
  • I predict it will fail in a couple of hours ;) Rebooting Homey or disable/re-enable will bring your calendar back to life for now (on 0.8.29 FW).
  • I did do a reboot, but that didn't change anything. 
  • Did you trigger the calendar (I have e voice-trigger "agenda" which brings back my calendar after a reboot). I only have one calendar ATM, perhaps that's a difference? It's awfully silent frm Athom's side BTW, assume they're all busy squashing the problem with the garbage-collector :smiley: 
  • No, didn't trigger it.  What do you mean 'brings back my calendar'?  You trigger a flow and that causes the calendars to appear again?
    I have 5 calendars, so it's no fun to have to put them all back again :)
  • Fire69 said:
    No, didn't trigger it.  What do you mean 'brings back my calendar'?  You trigger a flow and that causes the calendars to appear again?
    Yep, that happens for me. I have Homey read my agenda for today and suddenly my calendar appears  :)
  • Yep, seems to work.
    My calendars were gone again! Seems like a daily deal for the moment :neutral: 
    Did a reboot, nothing, asked for my calendar, boom, they're back! :smile: