This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

z-wave issues

13»

Comments

•  :D 
  • strange the one I placed close by is showing only temp after 9.42
    motion detection still seems to work okay (long and short distance)
  • Anyone got a fibaro binary sensor connected to there homey?
    I can't get mine to work. 
    Association is ok got 3 devices but when I trigger the inputs nothing happens. 
    Manual group association device 1 to group 1 and 3, device 2 to group 2. 
    Did it according to the manual if I read it correct. 
  • FreekFreek Member
    Wow, managed to add an Fibaro plug... Only features is switching on and off. My first device working in Homey. 
  • Anyone got a fibaro binary sensor connected to there homey?
    I can't get mine to work. 
    Association is ok got 3 devices but when I trigger the inputs nothing happens. 
    Manual group association device 1 to group 1 and 3, device 2 to group 2. 
    Did it according to the manual if I read it correct. 
    @Wimstradamus  did you get the binary sensor to work ?    

thanks 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    Unfortunately 0.8.24 did not bring much good for me in the z-wave area. A lot of devices time out and become uncontrollable, also devices that did not time out on previous firmware versions and a close to Homey. On top of that the list of z-wave devices does not load anymore after some time of use so I can not refresh the devices without having to reboot first (which brings back the z-wave list temporary). And to top it of, the z-wave functionality just crashes from time to time making the whole network unmanageble. Restarting the z-wave chip brings it back up and has the strange effect that it then handles all queued z-wave signals at once.

Let's hope future updates brings more stability to z-wave.
  • @Taco, My Homey is running on 0.8.20 and I just managed to add a Fibaro Wall Plug. The reason I bought the wallplug is that my wife want a notification when the washing machine is done. Is it possible to trigger a flow when the power usage of the plug is higher, or lower then a set value?
  • @PeterGroeneweg smart idea, that is a perfect use case that I am also interested in.
  • Also +1 for triggering on power higher/lower then xxxW. I use this on multiple please in/around our house.
  • TacoTaco Member
    @PeterGroeneweg It's on the todo list. At the moment you can only trigger flows when the socket turns on or off.
  • @ Taco, good to hear!
    How does the logging of values work like the lumination sensor of the multi sensor? Mine seems to record once in a few hours. Is it possible to put this to once a minute? For example I would like monitor the power usage of the washing machine every minute. At this moment I just see a value once in a few hours or so.
  • TacoTaco Member
    Whenever Homey receives a frame with a sensor value, the value is updated in the device object in the driver. This can be send unsolicited or when you open a device card. If this value is different from the current value the new value is emitted and a datapoint wil show in the insights.
  • Does Insight only save changed values?
    I log the outside temperature and want to know the average temp. and its a non value if only the changed values are saved;

If a device sends every 5 minutes a update you get;
    • time: 10:00, temp: 2.2
    • time: 10:05, temp: 2.2
    • time: 10:10, temp: 2.9
    • time: 10:15, temp: 2.9
    • time: 10:20, temp: 3.4
    • time: 10:25, temp: 3.4
    • time: 10:30, temp: 3.7
    Average temp over 30 min is 3.05

and Homey will save;

• time: 10:00, temp: 2.2
    • -----
    • time: 10:10, temp: 2.9
    • -----
    • time: 10:20, temp: 3.4
    • -----
    • time: 10:30, temp: 3.7
    Average temp over 30 min is 2.96
    Difference of 0.09

So please change to save all data OR give people the choice.
  • aloftaloft Member
    @ Taco, good to hear!
    How does the logging of values work like the lumination sensor of the multi sensor? Mine seems to record once in a few hours. Is it possible to put this to once a minute? For example I would like monitor the power usage of the washing machine every minute. At this moment I just see a value once in a few hours or so.
    You can adjust the update of the multi sensor by parameters. E.g. for the fibaro multisensor this is parameter 42. E.g. 42,2,1800 will adjust the update of the luminance to 30 minutes.  But as discussed in other posts in this topic, 'it will only trigger and log when the luminance is changed. 
  • edited March 2016
    @aloft: I looked in the manual and read that the color of the wallplug can be configured by parameter 61 when the device is on and 62 when the device is off. 
    The manual:

61. LED ring illumination colour when controlled device is on.
    Default value: 1
    Available settings:
    0 - LED ring illumination colour changes in predefined steps, depending on power consumption changes,
    1 - LED ring illumination colour changes continuously, using full spectrum of available colorus, depending on power consumption changes.
    2 - White illumination,
    3 - Red illumination,
    4 - Green illumination,
    5 - Blue illumination,
    6 - Yellow illumination,
    7 - Cyan (Greenish blue) illumination,
    8 - Magenta (Purplish red) illumination,
    9 - illumination turned off completely.
    Parameter: 1[byte]

Does this mean that I put "61,1,8;" in the field Z-Wave configuration - Data and then click "Save settings"? This is when I want to change the colour to magenta.
    Please excuse me if I ask a stupid question but I'm a n00b when it comes to Z-Wave.
  • @Emile ;
    may i ask your attention to my previous post. Is it preferable to create a Git issue for my request?
  • @aloft: I looked in the manual and read that the color of the wallplug can be configured by parameter 61 when the device is on and 62 when the device is off. 
    The manual:

61. LED ring illumination colour when controlled device is on.
    Default value: 1
    Available settings:
    0 - LED ring illumination colour changes in predefined steps, depending on power consumption changes,
    1 - LED ring illumination colour changes continuously, using full spectrum of available colorus, depending on power consumption changes.
    2 - White illumination,
    3 - Red illumination,
    4 - Green illumination,
    5 - Blue illumination,
    6 - Yellow illumination,
    7 - Cyan (Greenish blue) illumination,
    8 - Magenta (Purplish red) illumination,
    9 - illumination turned off completely.
    Parameter: 1[byte]

Does this mean that I put "61,1,8;" in the field Z-Wave configuration - Data and then click "Save settings"? This is when I want to change the colour to magenta.
    Please excuse me if I ask a stupid question but I'm a n00b when it comes to Z-Wave.
    Yes, that's how it works. :)
  • edited March 2016
    Well, I just tried a to change the color of a testing wall switch but the color didn't change  :'(.
    Maybe it is because I'm running 0.8.20? 
  • Try saving the settings several times. There is a bug in .20, it doesn't always save correctly. 
  • Ah ok, will try that later. Thanks!
  • Z-wave stuck: "Already a pairing session active."
    What does this mean and how can I remove a Z-wave device?  

please help
  • FranqFranq Member
    edited May 2016
    Did someone succesfully pair a fibaro dimmer 2 module? I have troubles paring it.
    If I add some device it keeps saying that I have to put it the module in learning mode. But I am doing it multiple times by clicking 3 times the 'pulsedrukker'

Someone who can shine some light on this issue?

Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.34
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited May 2016
    Franq said:
    Did someone succesfully pair a fibaro dimmer 2 module? I have troubles paring it.
    If I add some device it keeps saying that I have to put it the module in learning mode. But I am doing it multiple times by clicking 3 times the 'pulsedrukker'

Someone who can shine some light on this issue?

Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.34
    @Franq I do not have experience with the fibaro Dimmer 2 module myself.
    Are you clicking 3 times the 'pulsedrukker' or the tiny B-button on the dimmer 2 module itself?

It should be the latter one: press 3 time the tiny B-button on the dimmer 2 module which will continue the interview process of Homey
  • FranqFranq Member
    edited May 2016
    @TedTolboom : Tried it both. Now I see three 3 sockets but cant switch it on or of.
    Also cannot change values.

• casedacaseda Member
    The not being able to change settings is a known bug in 0.8.34 you will have to wait for .35, you can change parameters with flows, but you are probably not trying this just normal settings. 

To not being able to switch I don't know, it is probably also thanks to a bug introduced in .34 seeing it keeps the loading image. (trying to load a false state)
  • FranqFranq Member
    caseda said:
    The not being able to change settings is a known bug in 0.8.34 you will have to wait for .35, you can change parameters with flows, but you are probably not trying this just normal settings. 

To not being able to switch I don't know, it is probably also thanks to a bug introduced in .34 seeing it keeps the loading image. (trying to load a false state)
    Now it is working again!