This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

An Homey in need of revive

I've been away for a couple of weeks so I was kinda eager to see the progress at homey at my return

Comments

• MarcoBanninkMarcoBannink Member
    edited March 2016
    Somehow the forum only took half my message

I guess it missed me and died. It is showing a continues yellow led ring, but isn't doing anything else anymore (Not responding to speech and ifttt and not acccessible via my.athom) Removing the power or a reset didn't help. I am only getting the yellow led ring. I am running 8.20 i believe.

Anybody an idea how i can revive my Homey?
  • I was about to ask what is exactly the problem you are facing?
  • https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/335

Try to turn off your microphone directly after rebooting. Then it will continue and you can install the next FW.
  • Ok stupid question. How do I turn of the microphone?
  • "settings" - "microphone"
  • But that is via my.athom right? My Homey doesn't even appear to get an IP address in my network :(
  • Try holding upside down for 10 seconds and it will go into a reset mode, like when you first did your setup,  connect to homeySetup on your wifi 
  • That was my innitial idea, but nothing happens when i hold my Homey upside down :(
  • Did you follow this video "instruction"?

• Yes I did :) But my Homey doesn't start counting down :(
  • Stange, mail to support@athom.com or create an issue on GiT ?
  • Yes I did :) But my Homey doesn't start counting down :(
    Keep it upside down for about 15 seconds... and put it back on it's feet..
    in some cases I will not count down, but will be announcing the recovery (.... go to setup.athom.com)..

If not announced, can you check whether the homey setup wifi network is visible after above steps?
  • i never heard a countdown, only goto setup homey  etc. but the reset worked.
  • Nattelip said:
    i never heard a countdown, only goto setup homey  etc. but the reset worked.
    The count-down start when you turn Homey upside down phisicaly
  • Nattelip said:
    i never heard a countdown, only goto setup homey  etc. but the reset worked.
    The count-down start when you turn Homey upside down phisicaly
    The countdown starts when you turn Homey upside down physically... but in not all cases, the countdown is spoken out loud (observed it several times)... So if you need to reset, turn the Homey upside down, hold it like that for 15 seconds (countdown should be spoken), then turn it right side up.. and Homey should announce that you need to go to setup.athom.com
This discussion has been closed.