This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

433 Issues - Homey blocks all 433 communication

2»

Comments

• @MarcoWijk : I think you see this the wrong way, whining doesn't work but providing as much information as possible and preferably give a testcase does...
    I meant by whining, also providing :wink:  . Point i'm trying to make is that we were debating a bug, that they fixed on march 1 and wouldn't release at once. Today the same bug seems to be fixed yet again. Seems to me the bug would not have been fixed at all in 0.8.21 and we had to wait for yet another week or so to get somewhere. :neutral:  And that is beginning to look very typical...
  • Thanks Emile. Guys you know what I miss from you guys real test cases and good writing about what you do and what is installed. I see allot of screaming about that something is not working. This way it's really hard to debug or find bugs :)
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    kitkat said:
    Thanks Emile. Guys you know wthat I miss from you guys real test cases and good writing about what you do and what is installed. I see allot of screaming about that something is not working. This way it's really hard to debug or find bugs
    You might be right, although most of it was discussed in the topic "version 0.8.20". ..oh and the issue was raised on github a few times, didn't see much of asking there either. :expressionless: 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    kitkat said:
    Thanks Emile. Guys you know wthat I miss from you guys real test cases and good writing about what you do and what is installed. I see allot of screaming about that something is not working. This way it's really hard to debug or find bugs
    You might be right, although most of it was discussed in the topic "version 0.8.20". ..oh and the issue was raised on github a few times, didn't see much of asking there either. :expressionless: 
    Maybe that wasn't real clear because I read all the topics about it and sometimes to much flaming was going on to read the real problem or test case. I posted one issue I had with the precise issue and got a good reaction with a good solution. If I find more issues I will do exactly the same. (If they are not reported already)
  • DenWDenW Member
    Emile said:
    The update will be available Monday (tomorrow) if all our tests pass. Yes we do run tests ;) It's just a tradeoff between shipping fast and testing throughly, and during this period our focus is more on shipping updates faster. 
    Hi @Emile ;,
    This is information that would be useful or of interest to a broader public (the focus on shipping updates faster part). Might I suggest this is posted in the updates and software thread?
    Thanks,
    DenW
  • I wonder if the 433 problems are over with 0.8.22 ?
  • I wonder if the 433 problems are over with 0.8.22 ?
    @mruiter confirmed on Tweakers that his 433 problems are solved with 0.8.22 installed.

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/view_message/46106099

Wondering now if this goes for everyone that are having this issue.
  • Sorry, was on Tweakers first :)  But until now it is solved.
    Tonight i will also test some SomyRTS commands and see if Kaku still keeps alive and clicking
  • is it only me, I cannot use my 433 devices.
    I hadn't connected any devices to homey. I only used 0.8.20, so no 433 possible.
    I updated to 0.8.22 but I still cannot connect any 433 device. It does not listen to my home-easy devices (maybe not supported) but I can't create a signal for my kaku socket.
    I rebooted several times, warm and cold boot.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited March 2016
    @ArenBreur : the socket does work on a remote, doesn't it? And you used the remote to program the signal for the socket?
  • I had some trouble with 433 on version 0.8.20 but that's all fixed in 0.8.22.
  • Maybe others didn't experience problems yet.....
    I don't think they can say it is fixed as I still have problems with 433 and KAKU. 

I didn't experience the blocking issue, but after some testing and pairing I see RF433 die....

Github #244
  • @GeurtDijker ;
    I've looked into it and noticed the kaku app crashes. My colleague will look into it. 
  • My kaku is still working as should. I did not add any new devices because i already had them added . So they started working again in .22. Maybee there is still trouble in the add function
  • edited March 2016
    Reinier said:
    @JurgenVanDeRijke ;
    This problem appears when de microcontroller crashes when sending. When this happens the 433 carrier stays high causing communication problems with other 433 devices. I did a lot of testing yesterday and it looks like the instability issues are gone. Im also planning on implementing some sort of watchdog when de mcu crashes which will prevent issues like this. 

The instability issue is fixed in 0.8.21. 

@Reinier : Tested Somfy RTS using 0.8.22. Adding RTS : worked, Using RTS: works (also more than twice . Will test my RTS units with the longest distance between Homey and RTS tomorrow.
    KAKU isn't blocked anymore.
  • MoekMoek Member
    My kaku died as well after updating to .22. 
    Devices didn't respond anymore so I deleted all devices and uninstalled/reinstalled the app but no pairing is possible. 
    Tried rebooting and pulling the power but that didn't help. 
  • @Moek ;
    Are you still experiencing any problems after updating to 0.8.24? 
  • MoekMoek Member
    @Reinier I'm afraid Homey has been locked up in a dustproof box because of the renovation of my house. Maybe I'm able to test beginning of next week, sorry. 
  • MoekMoek Member
    @Reinier was finally able to unpack homey and upgrade. Works like a charm!
    "schakel aan of uit" works great too! Thx.
  • @Moek ;
    Glad to hear!