This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] iCalender to Voice App (v0.9.0)

Comments

• Phuturist said:
    I love it how Homey reads my dutch appointments when it's set to English voice, it's hilarious ... :lol: 

Great app again brinkie ... :+1: 
    I know, had the same thing here. Obviously this will be resolved when we can switch Homey to Dutch for good ;).
  • Fire69 said:
    Just experienced a trigger conflict :)
    Made a flow with the words 'schedule' and 'today'.
    When I use it, Homey first says 'Today is Tuesday, the 8th of March, 2016'
    After that he goes on with 'You have no more appointments today'

Not related to your app of course, but this will become a problem in the future I guess :smile: 
    I need to look into the speech API. I think I can add some default speech triggers, specifying the weight for each word. That would enable the app to respond to a combination of the words 'schedule' and 'today' with a higher probability than when using a flow.
  • @Phuturist and @Fire69: Are you both using Google Calendar?
  • Yup, Google Calendar indeed.
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

Not related to your app of course, but this will become a problem in the future I guess :smile: 
    I need to look into the speech API. I think I can add some default speech triggers, specifying the weight for each word. That would enable the app to respond to a combination of the words 'schedule' and 'today' with a higher probability than when using a flow.
    Yeah, it would be nicer if there were some general triggers built in instead of having to use flows for everything :)
    But that might become a struggle between apps, if everybody start putting too much weight on their own triggers.

brinkie said:
    @Phuturist and @Fire69: Are you both using Google Calendar?

Yep, 5 google calendars.
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

Yeah, it would be nicer if there were some general triggers built in instead of having to use flows for everything :)
    But that might become a struggle between apps, if everybody start putting too much weight on their own triggers.

Every app should have settings allowing you to enable/disable built in voice commands if you ask me.
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

brinkie said:
    @Phuturist and @Fire69: Are you both using Google Calendar?

Yep, 5 google calendars.
    Definately something to concider! Wow 5? Looking forward to your feedback :)
  • Phuturist said:
    Yup, Google Calendar indeed.
    Thanks for sharing. Please let me know how it's working out for you!
  • Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

Every app should have settings allowing you to enable/disable built in voice commands if you ask me.
    You mean voice triggers, right? This whole app is about using voice :)
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

You mean voice triggers, right? This whole app is about using voice :)
    Yeah, voice triggers is what I ment ... :-)
  • brinkie said:

Just asked it for my appointments for tomorrow.  The app told me I had 6 and listed them (nice! :smiley: ), but there are actually 7 (in 4 different calendars).  The 1 missing is a recurrent (birthday) so maybe Google doesn't report that correctly?
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:

Just asked it for my appointments for tomorrow.  The app told me I had 6 and listed them (nice! :smiley: ), but there are actually 7 (in 4 different calendars).  The 1 missing is a recurrent (birthday) so maybe Google doesn't report that correctly?

Recurring and some all-day events are currently not picked up by the App. I hope to fix that in an update.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    woei said:
    I think a x minutes before next appointment card would be useful. For example to remind you of an appointment or to use it as an input for an alarm clock.

But if we have an x minutes before appointment card, I think that at least allows this to be built in the future :-).
    The "trigger x minutes before next appointment card" is in the v0.2.1 release, which I submitted last night :).
  • honey said:
    Doctor appointment » tell some black joke before leaving the house

How about doing a bit more? Triggering other apps if the calendar item contains certain words:

Calendar item: blablabla party blablabla 
    IF calendar item includes "Party" and location includes "home"» Change a variable to a party mode (by the Better Logic app)» set party lighting mood, certain music, shut blinds etc.

Do similar things with holiday, official bank holiday, holiday away.
    To make this possible all I'd have to do now is add the location as an extra token to the new "x minutes to the next appointment" trigger flow card (available once v0.2.1 is approved). I'll put it on the list.
  • woeiwoei Member
    brinkie said:
    woei said:
    I think a x minutes before next appointment card would be useful. For example to remind you of an appointment or to use it as an input for an alarm clock.

But if we have an x minutes before appointment card, I think that at least allows this to be built in the future :-).
    The "trigger x minutes before next appointment card" is in the v0.2.1 release, which I submitted last night :).
    Not to get to specific, but could we also have an "x minutes before first appointment of the day' ? :-) That would be my alarm clock function right there...
  • woei said:

Not to get to specific, but could we also have an "x minutes before first appointment of the day' ? :-) That would be my alarm clock function right there...
    Do you mean you would like to create an alarm based on an appointment you schedule specifically for this purpose or do you mean by any random first appointment of a day?
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited March 2016
    brinkie said:

woei said:

Do you mean you would like to create an alarm based on an appointment you schedule specifically for this purpose or do you mean by any random first appointment of a day?

Any random first.... If I would create a calendar event just to be used as an alarm.. i'd might just set the alarm straight away :-). Also, i would probably use it in a flow with logic like if the first appointment is between 4 AM and 11 AM, then set the alarm. I expect I am generally awake at 11, so no alarms needed after that time.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016

Announcement

Version 0.1.2 of the iCalendar to Voice App was just published to the App Store.

v0.1.2

• Added trigger flow card for next appointment.
  • Announcement

Version 0.1.3 of the iCalendar to Voice App was just submitted to the App Store.

v0.1.3 (submitted, awaiting approval)

• Added support for yearly, monthly, weekly and daily recurring appointments.
    • Added location to next appointment trigger flow card.
    • Fixed announcement of multiple events for today's schedule, today's remaining schedule and tomorrow's schedule.
  • aloft said:
    Will you be supporting pure iCal URLs only or also (authenticated) CalDav servers?  My CalDav server has multiple .ics files per calendar and creates new .ics files all the time (not sure what the logic behind this is). Apple's Calendar combines it perfectly into one agenda.

For now I'll be focussing on iCal support, but CalDav might be added later.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016

Announcement

Version 0.1.3 of the iCalendar to Voice App was just published to the App Store.

v0.1.3

• Added support for yearly, monthly, weekly and daily recurring appointments.
    • Added location to next appointment trigger flow card.
    • Fixed announcement of multiple events for today's schedule, today's remaining schedule and tomorrow's schedule.
  • As mentioned in the wrong thread  :#
    - Had an error installing the app, but I guess that's a system problem, not an app problem.
    - Had a recurrent appointment announcing, while it was not on my schedule.  It was from last year.  Removed the appointment and it's not showing anymore now?  Bug for brinkie or Google?  :p
  • Fire69 said:
    As mentioned in the wrong thread  :#
    - Had an error installing the app, but I guess that's a system problem, not an app problem.
    - Had a recurrent appointment announcing, while it was not on my schedule.  It was from last year.  Removed the appointment and it's not showing anymore now?  Bug for brinkie or Google?  :p
    No, I did not have an error while installing the app. It did take longer then usual to finish though but ended with the green check mark. So far I have tested the new location tag and a recurring appointment which both worked nicely. Another great app!
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    As mentioned in the wrong thread 
    - Had a recurrent appointment announcing, while it was not on my schedule.  It was from last year.  Removed the appointment and it's not showing anymore now?  Bug for brinkie or Google?  p
    So you're saying it used to be a recurring event, but it had already ended a while ago?  
  • Yep, it was an appointment that repeated 12 wednesdays starting March 2015, so it ended somewhere in 2015.
    I deleted it to test, so it's OK now.  I'll try recreating it to see if it happens again.
  • Fire69 said:
    Yep, it was an appointment that repeated 12 wednesdays starting March 2015, so it ended somewhere in 2015.
    I deleted it to test, so it's OK now.  I'll try recreating it to see if it happens again.
    So it repeated a preset number of times? I haven't looking into that kind of recurrences yet, so there might be an issue there. I'll look into it.
  • Yeah, repeat weekly, 12 times.

I recreated the appointment.
    Title: Test
    Start: 1/4/2015
    Time: 8pm
    Repeat: Weekly, 12 times
    So it ends 17/06/2015.

When I ask for my appointments tomorrow:
    Test at 8:00pm
     :) 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Yeah, repeat weekly, 12 times.

I recreated the appointment.
    Title: Test
    Start: 1/4/2015
    Time: 8pm
    Repeat: Weekly, 12 times
    So it ends 17/06/2015.

When I ask for my appointments tomorrow:
    Test at 8:00pm

Thanks for reproducing! I'll see if if I can fix that.

I've added a new section to the start post: "Known issues" and listed the issue there.

• Announcement

Version 0.1.4 of the iCalendar to Voice App was just submitted to the App Store.

• Added support for native voice triggers (see start post for specifics).
    • Added action flow card to announce your appointments for a specific day of the week.
  • Great! Those were the exact flows I created! I can delete those now, makes the list a little cleaner :smiley: 

Did you notice you can't use 'today'? No matter how I created my flow, when 'today' was in it, Homey always announced the date/time...