This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

z-wave issues

Comments

• @Phuturist ;
    I thought reseting homey would reset everything including zwave.....
  • It does. Otherwise that is a bug ;)
  • Ah nice to know! 

So a full homey reset with "auto restore" has the same result as only reset the zwave chip?! 

• Taco said:

I recommend not to reset Homey and wait for 0.8.18 (if problems still exist 0.8.19). Your Z-Wave network data is save on the Z-Wave chip inside Homey. This chip runs standalone even when Homey has crashed. In this case your network is fine but you're just missing your interface through Homey.
    @Taco, I just installed 0.8.20 and tried to use the Remove Failed Node option ton get rid of my ghost devices (after removing node did not work on 0.8.17) but this still doesnt work. The z-wave settings page does not load anymore after trying. Should this be fixed in 0.8.20 and is it a new bug or has it not been fixed yet?
  • Phuturist said:
    Taco said:

I recommend not to reset Homey and wait for 0.8.18 (if problems still exist 0.8.19). Your Z-Wave network data is save on the Z-Wave chip inside Homey. This chip runs standalone even when Homey has crashed. In this case your network is fine but you're just missing your interface through Homey.
    @Taco, I just installed 0.8.20 and tried to use the Remove Failed Node option ton get rid of my ghost devices (after removing node did not work on 0.8.17) but this still doesnt work. The z-wave settings page does not load anymore after trying. Should this be fixed in 0.8.20 and is it a new bug or has it not been fixed yet?
    Have you tried resetting your sensor/failed node?
  • fuzzybear said:
    Phuturist said:
    Taco said:

As it's no longer associated with Homey resetting the sensor (or in this case my Greenwave 6 socket node) wont make much difference right? I want to get rid of these ghost devices without having to reset the entire zwave network.
  • Phuturist said:
    fuzzybear said:
    Phuturist said:
    Taco said:

As it's no longer associated with Homey resetting the sensor (or in this case my Greenwave 6 socket node) wont make much difference right? I want to get rid of these ghost devices without having to reset the entire zwave network.
    The zwave device will hold the settings of the controller that has been paired with it previously so i would advise to reset the zwave device. It should not be necessary to reset the complete network.

"Reset
    The factory reset process allows you to reset your PowerNode to the factory defaults. This action is helpful if you are not able to perform a successful exclusion from the Gateway or if you simply want to revert back to the original factory settings. To complete the process you must perform the following steps:
    • Press and hold the power button while plugging the PowerNode into an electrical outlet
    • Keep the power button pressed for five seconds until all bars turn green for five seconds, indicating that the factory reset process has completed. Your PowerNode is now free of its former association, and you can perform an inclusion process to include it in your GreenWave Reality energy management system (refer to the “Network Inclusion Process” section above)
    If all bars did not turn green for five seconds, then the PowerNode was not previously included"

• Yeah, I have done that already. In fact, I have re-added the greenwave powernode 6 to my zwave network again after resetting it and repairing it and it works fine. Unfortunately this does not solve the issue of having ghost devices after the removing node option did not work. 
  • Also my Fibaro Wall Plug still cannot be added to Homey with 0.8.20 :'(.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/240

• @Taco I have experienced a couple of random z-wave network crashes now. They happen even at night where there is no activity on the z-wave network. This results in not being able to switch z-wave devices and the z-wave settings page not loading anymore. When trying to switch a z-wave socket after this has happened the following error shows up in the console:
    PUT http://192.168.0.120/api/device/f2263a6d-0894-4f2b-928f-10b827361df3/onoff?_=1457251045072 500 (Internal Server Error)window.Homey.api @ api.js:1(anonymous function) @ mobile.js:1
    api.js:1 PUT http://192.168.0.120/api/device/f2263a6d-0894-4f2b-928f-10b827361df3/onoff?_=1457251064369 500 (Internal Server Error)window.Homey.api @ api.js:1(anonymous function) @ mobile.js:1
    They only way to get the z-wave functionality going again is to do a reboot. I'm not sure if this is a known issue but I have generated a log for you to look into with th ID: 1CCE5B0F98

Hopefully you can fix this in one of the upcoming releases.
  • Problem getting motion detection to work

I've the following: FIBARO MOTION SENSOR FGMS-001 
    I found some tips on this forum about using parameter 5,1,2 and ass. group3 but it's not working for me (did a wake-up/redetect after changing settings)

I looked in the manual but I'm not sure what to use
    http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/Motion-Sensor/Motion-Sensor_EN_5.3.14.pdf

Hope someone can help

• FreekFreek Member
    RamonBaas said:
    Also my Fibaro Wall Plug still cannot be added to Homey with 0.8.20 :'(.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/240

Even with 0.8.22 it still is impossible to add an Fibaro Wall Plug. I've tried 3 different Fibaro wall plugs, but none of them gets included correctly.

Most of the times I got the message "I'm sorry but something during the interview went wrong. You will be able to turn your device on and off.". Then I got an device, but it was impossible to switch it or to see the status of the wall plug. 

Tried resetting the Z-Wave network and all of the wall plugs but it did not matter. After a while it wasn't even possible to add a device anymore. During the interview I get the message "Already a pairing session active.". 

Plugged Homey off and on, again resetted the Z-Wave network and retried: got the same "I'm sorry" message again. 

Sent log to Athom: F02E03AED0. Is there an Athom employee reading this or should I log an issue at Github?
  • TacoTaco Member
    @MennoVanDerAat you made an association on group 3 with itself. Add Homeys node id in the text field.

@Freek I see that, after the reset, the device doesn't answer a command during the interview. Because the interview fails the device is added as a socket so you can still control your device with Basic Set commands. In 0.8.23 you can interact with your device using the device card. This is a bug I've fixed today.
  • @Taco ;
    Hope you can help me again ;-)
    My node ID = 3 or isn't it? see screenshot
  • TacoTaco Member
    The devices' id is 3. By defaut Homeys id is 1. You can find it in Settings -> Z-Wave.
  • Okay so it is 1?

I was confused with name where it says Node id = 3
    Problem getting motion detection to work

I've the following: FIBARO MOTION SENSOR FGMS-001 
    I found some tips on this forum about using parameter 5,1,2 and ass. group3 but it's not working for me (did a wake-up/redetect after changing settings)

I looked in the manual but I'm not sure what to use
    http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/Motion-Sensor/Motion-Sensor_EN_5.3.14.pdf

Hope someone can help

• edited March 2016
    Fixed!!!! Indeed in group 3 put 1 and data 5,1,2 and now motion detection is working

Edit --> data was not needed just leave it blank
  • FreekFreek Member
    Taco said:
    @MennoVanDerAat you made an association on group 3 with itself. Add Homeys node id in the text field.

@Freek I see that, after the reset, the device doesn't answer a command during the interview. Because the interview fails the device is added as a socket so you can still control your device with Basic Set commands. In 0.8.23 you can interact with your device using the device card. This is a bug I've fixed today.
    Any idea why the interviewing fails? The distance between Homey and the plug is 2 meters, nothing between it. The plugs worked like a charm when I used them with my Homeseer setup.
  • @Freek ;
    Sound like a bug like Taco is mentioning (fixed in 0.8.23)
  • Fixed!!!! Indeed in group 3 put 1 and data 5,1,2 and now motion detection is working
    What is the 5,1,2 for?
    There is no parameter 5 in the manual?  :o
  • hmmmm not sure have it from somewhere in this forum
  • Don't really think it does anything honestly.  Can't find anything about parameter 5 on the internet.
    If you ask me it just started working because you put the correct id in group 3 :smiley: 
  • @Fire69 ;
    I hate it when you're right ;-)
    Just did a new pairing with 2 motion devices both without any parameter and only group 3 = 1 and both are working
  • I hate it too I'm always right :joy: 

Have you checked the sensor in Insights already?  My reporting isn't very consistent. Curious about your results...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    hmmmm not sure have it from somewhere in this forum
    This is for Aeotec Multisensor 6
  • mruiter said:
    Aha, mystery solved :smiley: 
  • battery = 100% OK (both)
    luminance = 6 and 0 steady (and no I don't life in a cave lights are fully on)
    tempeture = 23,3 and 23,5 steady (it doesn't seem to change)

Maybe a distance problem I moved 1 close to homey (1,5M)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited March 2016

Luminance appears very strange to me. Battery and temp seem ok, but there is data missing also...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    mruiter said:
    Aha, mystery solved smiley 

Not that its working like supposta , haha

footnote..... Fix dows dawnn smielies