This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.22

PandaPanda Member
edited March 2016 in Archive
Let's discuss in this topic the current beta channel update 0.8.22

Bug reporting/issue tracking https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues

Changelog
  • Z-Wave devices boot time decreased by >200%
  • Fixed bug in Z-Wave API where POST request over cloud fails (possible fix for RemoveNode problems)
  • Improver logging to identify removeNode issue, keep sending those logs :wink:
  • Z-Wave Thermostat Setpoint Command Class
  • Z-Wave tweaks regarding retransmission to battery devices
  • Fix bug where Z-Wave settings screen won't load while removing a node
  • Added IR repetition card for IR TX
  • Fix default IR repetitions in both signal service and manually added signals
  • Fix RF instability

Comments

• PandaPanda Member
    edited March 2016
    My findings with 0.8.22

- 433Mhz seems to work again
    - When doing the command "Turn all lights on" Homey will execute the command but won't listen after this command anymore. Lights involved Hue + 433mhz action sockets (created an issue https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/316 )
    - Flows show green checkmark again when successful
    - System will now show storage in use

• Small test with IR
    detection went okay in flow also working but when I have "say something" at ...then homey is repeating the text a few time
    In one flow 2 times and in other 3 times

Also in the flow editor my scrollbar seems to small to use (up/down) I'm using windows 10 with chrome
    Versie 49.0.2623.75 m

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Issue #234 is confirmed to be fixed in 0.8.22.
  • Will try later this day. I only had time to run update this morning :)
    Just a quick question maybee one of you knows.
    By default i see the standard voice uses in the gigabytes of space.
    I downloaded dutch and deleted the default us and now it just uses 150Mb

Thats a big difference and i wonder what the consequenses are ??
  • Gigabytes of space? There's only 1.6 GB total on Homey (see screenshot above)
  • Where do you see it uses that much space?  I have the default Brian, and also Joey (US) installed and it uses 316MB.
    So your 150MB per voice seems about right :smile: 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016

Gigabytes was af spell correction error of chrome. Thats why i use IE
    It was 1 Gigabyte exact, just for the US voice. Got 1.2 with dutch installed. Maybee some error leftover from a previous problem that got corrected in .22 then.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    Checking the load avg after a few hours of Homey doing nothing.
    Its still pretty high with loadavg at 0.96 , 0.94 , 0.95 as it's not realy processing stuf
  • Same here, always hovering around 1 (0.8 to 1.2)
  • As long as it's under 2 (no of processors) this should be no problem....
  • I changed my language and voice to Dutch.  Was trying some thing through the /speech-input (to see what apps already have Dutch triggers).
    Now suddenly my Homey isn't responding anymore :bawling: 
  • tried reboot, repower etc (and setting back to English) ?
  • tried reboot, repower etc (and setting back to English) ?
    Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm at work, so now I'm stuck for the rest of the day!  :'(

Never had this problem, I hope it's not caused by .22...
  • PandaPanda Member
    I think it is caused by .22 see https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/316
  • @Panda: that's something else as voice-input by typing keeps working. Just the listening-part doesn't.
  • I have to learn to put more info in my posts  :#
    When I say 'not responding' I didn't mean to my voice, it just completely froze.  Couldn't reach it anymore at all...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited March 2016
    I took the noble task of trying to reproduce and unfortunately I can confirm this. Can't reach Homey any-more from work Wonder if power-cycling tonight will help...
  • I got lucky.  Got a notification that my mom was at our house.  One quick phonecall and Homey is up and running again :smiley: 

@BasVanDenBosch: what exactly did you try?  If you have the same, there has to be a bug somewhere...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited March 2016
    So power down - power up works? I set language to Dutch, Homey started downloading a Dutch voice automagically and I did a manual reboot after that... Didn't wake up from reboot yet (at least not from where I am now)...
  • Hm, mine rebooted without problems after changing language and voice.
    If was only after that, when using the voice-input, that it crashed.

Testing some more now, hope it doesn't happen again...
  • Frozen homey over here (leds not moving but I can ping homey) was busy with zwave lights will reboot
  • I guess it's some kind of memory or processor-problem. Went home to reset during my break to do a power-down. I was able to reach it for some time but now the connection is broken again. Tonight I'll see if I can cook up a log just before it halts...
  • Update from .20 to .22 went fine, everything seems to work. 

One tiny thing, the Rainbow LED routine seems less fluid. As if it's running at a lower resolution almost. It's not like the processors are super busy, load hovers between 0.60 and 0.75.

Not a blocking issue, if I find anything that's broken I'll post it here.
  • FreekFreek Member
    Update from .20 to .22 went fine, everything seems to work. 

One tiny thing, the Rainbow LED routine seems less fluid. As if it's running at a lower resolution almost. It's not like the processors are super busy, load hovers between 0.60 and 0.75.

What level is your brightness at? I saw the same, but when raising the brightness (it was on 1%) it gets fluid again. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Freek said:
    Update from .20 to .22 went fine, everything seems to work. 

What level is your brightness at? I saw the same, but when raising the brightness (it was on 1%) it gets fluid again. 
    Fixed, 1% really was horrible :)
  • True - mine was set to 1%. I'll go find the new best lowest setting :)
  • After full reset of Homey my FIBARO MOTION SENSOR FGMS-001 is not connecting anymore what I did:

1. reset
    2. wipe everything
    3. connect wifi
    4. download voice
    5. reboot
    6. put homey in inclusion mode
    7. put fibaro motion in learn mode
    8. nothing

Did mentioned steps twice both times no result with previous version 0.8.20 this was working for me
  • Sundown an  sunrise confirmed to be still broke...
  • TacoTaco Member
    @MennoVanDerAat Before you can connect it to any network you have to clear the network data of the old network from the device. Reset the device or preform a Remove Node process with Homey and the device.
  • @Taco ;
    See step 1 and 2 also tries restart zwave chip and reset network
This discussion has been closed.