This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

Comments

• @MarkVanDeVen doing it now! Shame to have to throw away some flows though. :neutral:  
  • MarcoWijk said:
    @MarkVanDeVen doing it now! Shame to have to throw away some flows though. :neutral:  
    Some flows? Just a couple of reactions ago you just said you only had the led ring working, are you lying to us ... :tongue: 
  • @MarkVanDeVen ..nope.. it doesn't work.

@BasVanDenBosch load avg stil in the 2's.

• MoekMoek Member
    MarcoWijk said:
    @MarkVanDeVen ..nope.. it doesn't work.

Did you only do reboots?
    In my case pulling the power for a minute really helped with the kaku stuff.
  • Phuturist said:
    MarcoWijk said:
    @MarkVanDeVen doing it now! Shame to have to throw away some flows though. :neutral:  
    Some flows? Just a couple of reactions ago you just said you only had the led ring working, are you lying to us ... :tongue: 

No.. the flows didn't work because they were all paired to KaKu devices. :blush: 
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    Moek said:
    MarcoWijk said:

Did you only do reboots?
    @Moek nope did a complete reset. Installed the kauk app  again and.. couldn't pair a thing. Although they paired earlier.  I tried the power off earlier. Just for goodness sake i'll try that one once more, but after that i'm going to try how fragile Homey really is :h
  • MoekMoek Member
    MarcoWijk said:
    Moek said:
    MarcoWijk said:

Did you only do reboots?
    @Moek nope did a complete reset. Installed the kauk app  again and.. couldn't pair a thing. Although they paired earlier.  I tried the power off earlier. Just for goodness sake i'll try that one once more, but after that i'm going to try how fragile Homey really is :h
    No! Grab yourself a beer and breath!
    Do you only have the kaku app installed?
    Maybe you can try pairing a wall switch. 
    I paired 6 or 7 which works great and there's no dimming if you send the on command when it's already on. 
  • loadavg is above 2 on a 2-core CPU so above 2 means the system is queueing tasks:
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/814910#loadavg
    https://nodejs.org/api/os.html#os_os_cpus

I wonder why your irq-time is zero? Is this still the case after the full reset / firmware reset ?

• @Moek everythings still dead as a dodo... 

Thanx for the suggestions all, but i'm done with it.

I've lost all faith in Homey , no that's not true, I've lost my faith in @Athom being the company to bring Homey to the big audience. I just took a quik look at github. Most of the issues contain RF problems and Z-wave. A few users indeed. I, among others First Batch users, urged them in january to straiten these signals out, but they still haven't. Alas the core of Homey is rotten and will stay that way, because the communication is absent and their priorities unclear, if they have any. I think the fixes are the last twitches of a once great idea. I know it's a beta, but they had plenty of time to make a stirdy base, and clearly they didn't.  Missing deadline after deadline. I'm truly sorry for all of this, but it's a conclusion i have to make after 2 months Homey. All it does, is glow... it also did that 2 months ago...
  • @Jesper: Hoe creëer je zo'n ifttt button eigenlijk, zie alleen maar voorgekookte buttons staan op de site van ifttt
  • loadavg is above 2 on a 2-core CPU so above 2 means the system is queueing tasks:
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/814910#loadavg
    https://nodejs.org/api/os.html#os_os_cpus

I wonder why your irq-time is zero? Is this still the case after the full reset / firmware reset ?

irq is now 1700
  • Moek said:
    MarcoWijk said:
    Moek said:
    MarcoWijk said:

Did you only do reboots?
    No! Grab yourself a beer and breath!
    I paired 6 or 7 which works great and there's no dimming if you send the on command when it's already on. 
    :smiley: i might take a cold one after all of this
  • MoekMoek Member
    edited March 2016
    MarcoWijk said: Moek said: MarcoWijk said: Moek said: MarcoWijk said: @MarkVanDeVen ..nope.. it doesn't work.

Did you only do reboots?
    In my case pulling the power for a minute really helped with the kaku stuff. @Moek nope did a complete reset. Installed the kauk app  again and.. couldn't pair a thing. Although they paired earlier.  I tried the power off earlier. Just for goodness sake i'll try that one once more, but after that i'm going to try how fragile Homey really is :h No! Grab yourself a beer and breath!
    smiley i might take a cold one after all of this

:+1: :smiley: 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    @Moek everythings still dead as a dodo... 

I've lost all faith in Homey , no that's not true, I've lost my faith in @Athom being the company to bring Homey to the big audience. I just took a quik look at github. Most of the issues contain RF problems and Z-wave. A few users indeed. I, among others First Batch users, urged them in january to straiten these signals out, but they still haven't. Alas the core of Homey is rotten and will stay that way, because the communication is absent and their priorities unclear, if they have any. I think the fixes are the last twitches of a once great idea. I know it's a beta, but they had plenty of time to make a stirdy base, and clearly they didn't.  Missing deadline after deadline. I'm truly sorry for all of this, but it's a conclusion i have to make after 2 months Homey. All it does, is glow... it also did that 2 months ago...
    No worrys your just one of veeeeerrrrrrryyy few people who has this problem, as emile said. Almost nobody has this..... ahhha
  • Taco said:
    @spamenigma coul you please send us the log after the wizard gets stuck in the interview. Then I can see why it hangs and look for a fix.
    Just done the process again, it got stuck at interview again and eventually created a new device but as before I can't do anything with it as I didn't get to chose 'other' for the ASR4-ZW.

Went to send the log and got this instead:

So done and reboot and sent log again and got this code: 88FD7EF377

I don't know if the reboot clears the log or not so let me know if I have to repeat the process.

Thanks
  • TacoTaco Member
    Yes a reboot clears the log. I'll take a look at them monday. Thnx for sending!
  • @Jesper: Hoe creëer je zo'n ifttt button eigenlijk, zie alleen maar voorgekookte buttons staan op de site van ifttt
    Hello Chris I could also not found a way to create the IFTTT buttons via their website (https://ifttt.com/myrecipes/do) but I found a nice work around. Instal the DO Button by IFTTT app via the Play Store (you need this app anyway). Open the app and click on the icon on the bottom right cornor and after that click on the + button to creat a new button. What I did was just create a simple maker button with short simple names and then went to https://ifttt.com/myrecipes/do. Now your new buttons appear also on the site and you can edit them :). See figure below for some IFTTT DO buttons I created.

• Taco said:
    Yes a reboot clears the log. I'll take a look at them monday. Thnx for sending!
    Damn.. ok I'll do the process again tomorrow and hope your bug sending isn't bugged again :)
  • Done the process again, this time nothing happened and no device appeared. The Z-wave settings page has a spinning circle still and so far its been about 10mins.. the main page is showing:

Send log worked this time: DC675B18D4

• @MarcoWijk Have you tried completely reinstalling (including resetting all settings) after installing v 0.8.20 ? For me, that did the trick. 433mhz is working again and i haven't had 'blocking' problems since the full reset.

will have to see how things progress over the next couple of days though...
    Yup. Oodly enough i got the feeling homeys is flooding the airwaves with 433 as a whole... really lag response on some remotes (with new batteries)... then again i can't entirely back that up, because there is no way of testing that. But seemed that the remote needed a window of oppertunity to send its signal. This by pushing the buttons longer then ussual. I have no new devices added, so it can't be a other device that is flooding the airwaves.
  • aloftaloft Member
    MarcoWijk said:
    @MarcoWijk Have you tried completely reinstalling (including resetting all settings) after installing v 0.8.20 ? For me, that did the trick. 433mhz is working again and i haven't had 'blocking' problems since the full reset.

Yup. Oodly enough i got the feeling homeys is flooding the airwaves with 433 as a whole... really lag response on some remotes (with new batteries)... then again i can't entirely back that up, because there is no way of testing that. But seemed that the remote needed a window of oppertunity to send its signal. This by pushing the buttons longer then ussual. I have no new devices added, so it can't be a other device that is flooding the airwaves.
    My experience with 433 sending/receiving signals that sometimes you need to wait a couple of seconds before the next 433 command. 

So with the example of the remote;  when the 433 remote sends the signal, turning off the 433 controlled light needs to be delayed 3 seconds for a more guaranteed result.  If I set it on 2 seconds, it works 50 % of the time. If I set it without delay of 1 second, it drops to 20-30 % of the time. 

This is different from the .17 release, where it was -in my case- much more stable. I now have a delay in my flows which have either remote triggers or multiple 433 devices. Each 433 device gets its own window of 3 seconds.

It works, but isn't ideal and scalable. 
  • Jesper said:
    @Jesper: Hoe creëer je zo'n ifttt button eigenlijk, zie alleen maar voorgekookte buttons staan op de site van ifttt
    Hello Chris I could also not found a way to create the IFTTT buttons via their website (https://ifttt.com/myrecipes/do) but I found a nice work around. Instal the DO Button by IFTTT app via the Play Store (you need this app anyway). Open the app and click on the icon on the bottom right cornor and after that click on the + button to creat a new button. What I did was just create a simple maker button with short simple names and then went to https://ifttt.com/myrecipes/do. Now your new buttons appear also on the site and you can edit them :). See figure below for some IFTTT DO buttons I created.

I don't see a possibilty to create a simple do-maker recipe on my iphone, can you confirm that it is still working on your phone (making a button)?
  • @ChrisWetemans It still works on my Samsung S6.

Open the DO button app - click on mix bowl button (in android on the bottom right corner) - click on the plus button - click on channels - search for channel maker - click on maker - click on ceate a new recipe - click on make a web request.

Now I just fill in some random text and click on add. After that I edit the buttons on the website since the buttons now also appear on the website.

Good luck
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited March 2016
    Since removing all my flows and homey now responding to commands (..ish) it seems to be very susceptible to what we're watching on TV. twice now its suddenly talked to us, yesterday telling us something about Thermostats not supported or installed, and today told us the day/date.

• 02:56:49what
    • 02:42:03no
    • 02:39:30no
    • 02:31:49in
    • 02:14:24why
    • 02:12:18what is the weather today
    • 00:14:15no
    • 00:10:38no
    • 23:45:02me
    • 23:30:13no worries
    • 22:05:09what
    • 20:47:48whats the
    • 20:14:36no
    • 20:10:09so
    • 19:38:22good
    • 19:16:30me
    • 18:59:57hello
    The one at 2:12:18 is what resulted in it speaking:

02:12:19Today is Monday, the 7th of March, 2016

As I say 'none' of this is initiated by us, its all from it picking up from the TV. Now initially its quite amusing to see but I realise there's also the concern that essentially watching TV or background chat could randomly trigger events in the house. Clearly yesterday something that was said attempted to do something with heating but failed with no thermostat capabilities yet.

Will there be improvements to the voice recognition that may help avoid this? I realise in flows we could add a request for confirmation on events but what about homey itself, any better control and/or setting for confirmation and/or recognising who is talking to it? 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited March 2016
    They are analyzing the training data now. That will result in better recognition of the 'ok homey' trigger. That will (or should) prevent the random listening and reacting to noise.
    And I hope it will also make my homey listen to me... 
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited March 2016
    MarcoWijk said:
    @Moek everythings still dead as a dodo... 

It is so sad (and SO unnecessary) to see posts like this on the forum. Athom is a small company with a great idea, but little experience. Cut them some slack. All the issues are software-related and will be fixed over time. The hardware of Homey is really impressive and works really well. This product is still in an early beta-phase and I am actually happy that I can contribute to maturing Homey by testing and reporting bugs.

The core from Homey is FAR from rotten. I am a developer myself and started working on some apps. I am REALLY impressed with the Homey-framework and how easy it is  to create apps. This will result in a huge community and an app-store filled with awesome apps.

If you have lost faith in Homey, that's fine. If you don't want to be a part of the Homey community anymore, that's fine. But stop flaming the forums with negative posts like this. The guys at Athom are doing the best they can and the last thing the can use is all this negativity.

Keep up the good work Athom! 3
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited March 2016
    I am SO glad an experienced developer is chiming in on this! Thanks @EvertorN ,  I couldn't agree with you more!!
  • MarcoWijk said:
    @MarcoWijk Have you tried completely reinstalling (including resetting all settings) after installing v 0.8.20 ? For me, that did the trick. 433mhz is working again and i haven't had 'blocking' problems since the full reset.

You could just unplug the homey to test that?
  • Jesper said:
    @ChrisWetemans It still works on my Samsung S6.

Open the DO button app - click on mix bowl button (in android on the bottom right corner) - click on the plus button - click on channels - search for channel maker - click on maker - click on ceate a new recipe - click on make a web request.

Now I just fill in some random text and click on add. After that I edit the buttons on the website since the buttons now also appear on the website.

Good luck
    Yeah on android it works!
    On IOS (iphone + ipad) there is no search button for the channels, only a search button for recipes.
    Thnx Jesper.

• @MarcoWijk could it not be that it's just a faulty homey...
This discussion has been closed.