This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Keychains

Comments

• About  €10 max €15 but i am not sure. I probably would buy one not really  matter wat it would cost. If cheaper i would just buy more :smile: 

• Depends on the price of making those little Homini's.
    10 euros including shipping would be perfect for me!
  • phbphb Member
    I'm  dutch  so not more then 5 euro  ;)
  • +4 for me..
  • I really want one! 15 euros would be the max price for the Homini :) for me I think.
  • 10 euro sounds reasonable to me :smile: 
  • 10 euro sounds reasonable to me :smile: 
    Me too 
  • + 3 For me, price of 10 / 15 euro would be nice
  • I already opened this thread before: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/917/homey-keychain#latest 

so count me in!
  • Between €10 and max €15 I'm willing to pay
  • Shall we stop saying 15 euro and all say 10?
  • €10 or less sounds good to me too
  • €10 is the sweet spot, I think.
  • +1!
  • €10 seems fair
  • tunftunf Member
    edited March 2016
    As a real dutch member, 5 euro seems enough, as a feature where is my key on bluetooth alternative, 10 euro!
  • Good to see so many people want one :smile:.

I think a price between €5 and €10 would be reasonable, depending on the production costs.
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited March 2016
    +2

A price between 5 - 7.5 euros would be OK, shipping excluded. Not going to pay more than 10 euros for a keychain, even if it includes NFC.
    For more than 10 euros it would need to have NFC, Bluetooth, a mike so i can send instructions to Homey, and have the led ring synced to its big brother.

Sorry.. forgot the <SARCASM> tags on the last sentence..
  • RonnORonnO Member
    € 10 for each Homey keychain, I'd say
  • DenWDenW Member
    Good to see this product in high demand!!

I would like to suggest to Athom however that they communicate it being only half a centimeter in diameter, that the ledring can only display one color, NFC is unlocked only after paying an additional 3 euros and that delivery date is expected around may 2017.
    Maybe that way the 2.5 cm, multicolor led, free NFC keychain delivered in the summer of 2016 will surpass the expectation of everyone and will only be greeted with positive comments. Although I highly doubt even that..
  • btwvincebtwvince Member
    edited May 2016
    Emile said:
    Love the support! What would you guys think would be a reasonable price? 
    Any news about this keychain :smiley:
  • RonaldRonald Member
    Just red this discussion, i would like one to :-)
  • YamahaaYamahaa Member
    Yes i want a set ;-)
  • Love the support too!
    To elaborate on the keychains:
    The keychains are most probably developed in house. There has to be researched how battery life can be optimized and if/how it can be replaced or charged. From there the whole housing has to be made and a production method is chosen.
    The first batch showed that to make this on a large scale would require a different method, less labour intensive.

So to check if this is viable, we still have to look in to a small scale production, and what the costs will be. It seems that the majority is for a price of 10-15 euro's, so that's initially what we're aiming at. 

We most defeneatly are going to continue research, so when we know more we'll let you know!
    This will probably get an update in the summer!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @IvoDerksen ;
    I don't get you, a key chain with NFC chip doesn't need a battery?
    The power it gets from the communication coil is enough for the small chip inside.
    How else would business card / login card etc work.. you can't fit a battery in there.
    It's the same principle, just in a key chain form.

Or is it because the small led inside..
  • caseda said:
    @IvoDerksen ;
    I don't get you, a key chain with NFC chip doesn't need a battery?
    The power it gets from the communication coil is enough for the small chip inside.
    How else would business card / login card etc work.. you can't fit a battery in there.
    It's the same principle, just in a key chain form.

Or is it because the small led inside..
    Yes exactly, currently the battery powers a LED and a small chip!
    We wanted to go a little extra for the keychains.
    This however created a tight space for all components, which we can adress using a small pcb in the future.

A stripped down version with just an nfc function is ofcourse an option. 
    But you can imagine we want to do it with LED preferably!
  • One for me Please
  • any update on this?
  • +2 for me and my girl and mabey for the dog if I kan learn him to use it :#