This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

Comments

• edited March 2016
    My Homey updatet automatically to 0.8.20. Just tried to control some lights via my website and that's all working nicely.

Even the ledring may stay on by meaning of my wife because it can be dimmed now :)
  • mruiter said:

Well, Friday is almost over where is @emile his big news as posted earlier

Waiting for the 8.21 or higher release so i can turn my Homey on again for Kaku work.
    Now  i have to pay big money zakgeld for my son to switch the lights and open the garage door....... :(

i guess the vrijdagmiddag borrel is still ongoing....
  • mruiter said:
    mruiter said:

Waiting for the 8.21 or higher release so i can turn my Homey on again for Kaku work.
    Now  i have to pay big money zakgeld for my son to switch the lights and open the garage door....... :(

I guess, that they makes us happy with dead birds, if you know what I mean ;-) As usual...
  • BasPost said:
    mruiter said:
    mruiter said:

I guess, that they makes us happy with dead birds, if you know what I mean ;-) As usual...
    probbelity they are all packing the homey,s ready to ship
    :p
  • mruiter said:

@emile said he'd post an update, he never said anything about 'big news'...

He posted an update, .20 is going to the stable channel.
    Probably disappointing news for you (not for your son :# ), but he did keep his promise.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    Youre joking i guess..... april fools is still not now.
    .20 could be declared mostly unstable! not even the basic kaku works. .20 stable is not news, its a big joke.

the apps writen by the community even work better then the athom apps for now
    but i still love my homey desk charm
  • mruiter said:
    Youre joking i guess..... april fools is still not now.
    .20 could be declared mostly unstable! not even the basic kaku works. .20 stable is not news, its a big joke.

the apps writen by the community even work better then the athom apps for now
    but i still love my homey desk charm
    I didn't say I agree with the fact that they released it to 'stable'.  Especially not with the bug that block the entire 433mhz range! I find it's a strange decision they did that...

I only pointed out that that was probably his friday-update...
  • Probably not, is not a shipment update. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited March 2016
    Paring multiple remotes and multiple switches of kaku works for me. Everything still works afterwards... Jut saying it's not a general problem...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We found that the 433 bug didn't affect many people. Plugging out the power for a few seconds helps as well.

Next to that, 0.8.20 fixes a LOT of other issues. So it was releasing with a bug, or keeping everyone at 0.8.17 and having many more bugs.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited March 2016
    Wilbert said:
    Probably not, is not a shipment update. 
    Seems you are right, Emile appears to be preparing an update :smile: 

[edit]
    And there it is :smiley: 
  • phbphb Member
    Kickstarter update
  • @Emile ;
    But with more then 20 KaKu device that not can be used are fixed bug for in flows not important any more.
    Lot of flows has then to be switch off for safety.
    So there is here nothing for homey to do then waiting a month that the 433 bug is fix.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    Emile said:
    We found that the 433 bug didn't affect many people. Plugging out the power for a few seconds helps as well.

Next to that, 0.8.20 fixes a LOT of other issues. So it was releasing with a bug, or keeping everyone at 0.8.17 and having many more bugs.
    Well spoken............

But there are not many people with a Homey yet, so duuuhhh not many people are effected , haha.
    But people all over the board are calling kaku a broken piece, when combined with somfy its a complete 433 killer. Everybody has to reboot Homey a couple of times daily to get kaku to work. Just do a search on youre on forum. Better to say , there are a few who dont use 433 and dont have the problem.
    Please release .21 in experimental ring, we did not sing up to experimental for nothing.

it would be a good thing to give the experimental ring of testers a friday build every week. Thats what we sign up for when punching the exp. button
  •  Just do a search on youre on forum. Better to say , there are a few who dont use 433 and dont have the problem.
    Please release .21 in experimental ring, we did not sing up to experimental for nothing.

it would be a good thing to give the experimental ring of testers a friday build every week. Thats what we sing up for when punching the exp. button
    As said before, I use 433 without problems after four days without rebooting, so it's not a general problem...

But I like the idea of weekly new versions. When working with Thunderbird-Lightning, it was daily builds. Sometimes even more then once a day...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
     Just do a search on youre on forum. Better to say , there are a few who dont use 433 and dont have the problem.

it would be a good thing to give the experimental ring of testers a friday build every week. Thats what we sing up for when punching the exp. button
    As said before, I use 433 without problems after four days without rebooting, so it's not a general problem...

But I like the idea of weekly new versions. When working with Thunderbird-Lightning, it was daily builds. Sometimes even more then once a day...
    Just pointing out that emile his , not a general problem, is out off perspective when there are just a few homey in the wild. A rough guess would for sure be 50% and kaku was advertised as the most basic function. So fix youre basic function. Its already reported as fixed, release the dawn code  (and please fix the emoticons for once in this forum/how hard can it bee)

To bad theres no vote in the inmature forum , would love to see the outcome of the is kaku working or is kaku fucked poll. I would put my money on you know what.

But hey, the keychain is ready..... If i send the picture to aliexpress and mention it needs a nfc chip in it i can have thousands within a month. But hey, priorities priorities......

Enough bashing ... its weekend, enjoy and i will look at my shine workless homey next to the tv.

• Following the advice @mruiter to enjoy the weekend I close this form and also github issues for one week.

This is a lose/lose situation for me and Athom.
  • I only have three KaKu devices but they all work perfectly. Including the flows I created with them (I even created some DO buttons with IFTTT so I can trigger flows on my phone without relying on the voice recognition. Furthermore I don't understand why a KaKu remote which you used before you got your Homey now is not working anymore. Did you first disconnected all KaKu devices from your remote before you paired them with Homey? BTW, I used copy remote to connect the KaKu devices with Homey.
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited March 2016
    Finally I made some progress today. Did a reset of homey but no change to my problems, then removed all flows (they were only basic ones) but that suddenly got it to respond to commands.. what is the time, date etc.. and I can now see my commands and its responses in the /speech-output/ and /speech-input/ sections!

I can now see why a command doesn't work, such as "wiki dog" and it just doesn't want to understand wiki.. but I can type 'wiki dog' in speech-input and it works!

So anyone with command issues, try clearing out your flows (your preference of either one by one or all and start over).

I then moved on to my z-wave issues, as that was just appallingly bad too, I only dared add 3 devices so far (left the rest on my hc2 for now) and had no end of issues.

So I decided to do a 'reset z-wave network', then remove each device, then add them one by one. My Fibaro dimmer added properly this time (was showing as a switch last time). Then tried an Everspring on/off switch and that got picked up but stuck at the interview stage and z-wave was stuck, no access to the z-wave page and was forced to reboot.

Tried the process again and again it got stuck at interview.. eventually somehow the device is now showing although as I had no option to select what it is and there doesn't appear to be any way of changing that after adding. But technically it appears to work as an on/off switch so that's sort of OK. Finally I tried to add my Horstmann ASR-ZW.. (this added last time on .17 but I can't for the life of me get it past the interview stage properly to be able to select other and make it a switch. after about 3 or 4 attempts like the Everspring I finally have a device showing but can't do anything with it as I didn't get to pick what it is, hopefully they can sort that out so if adding hasn't gone quite as planned but it still added, let me change what it is after

• It would indeed be interesting to see a poll feature on the forum to get a somewhat more objective view about things. It is common only people having issues are posting about it. Next to that the people having problems seem to ignore that there have been several people saying that KAKU works for them (myself for instance).

Really, i feel for you. I would not like it either if I could not use my Homey but quotes like "Everybody has to reboot a couple of times daily ..." are just not true. We would be better off putting or effort into trying to figure out why this does not effect the entire population. Bugs like that are the hardest to squash.
  • TacoTaco Member
    @spamenigma coul you please send us the log after the wizard gets stuck in the interview. Then I can see why it hangs and look for a fix.
  • For me Kaku works perfect, but the voice recognition dous not work.
    Homey is listening to everything and sometimes respons to noise from television.

• ;)

Please note: This is something out of my own experience, not meant as criticism for the Athom team. It is just something that happens sometimes. This post was meant in a funny way.
  • Emile said:

It fixes what?! My avg load is going thru the roof. RF isn't working , IR is not working properly, voice command doesn't work, Z-wave is acting up. No worries though it's possible only a few who expreience on or the other.  The only thing I got going is a nicely colored ledring lamp or are there af few who have faulty lights.

The only thing that does seem to be working is a third party apps ussing the http:// protocols, including youtube and chromecast... but with no voice control, what's the point?

...and all the advice you give is unplugging ???

I'm sorry. If things didn't work before,  it still could be expected BUT it all worked before!! SO  if the "fixes"  are in place. WHAT was fixed?!

O well E400.- down the drain, the money is in the bag for Athom, so more important things to do then getting the main features working for a  "few" unfortunates.....

I'm deeply dissappointed, and offended, in the way this is all turning out. I had such high hopes for Homey, but with this attitude.....

(Jammer jongens, heel erg jammer dit alles.)

• MarcoWijk said:

It fixes what?! My avg load is going thru the roof. RF isn't working , IR is not working properly, voice command doesn't work, Z-wave is acting up. No worries though it's possible only a few who expreience on or the other.  The only thing I got going is a nicely colored ledring lamp or are there af few who have faulty lights.

The only thing that does seem to be working is a third party apps ussing the http:// protocols, including youtube and chromecast... but with no voice control, what's the point?

...and all the advice you give is unplugging ???

I'm sorry. If things didn't work before,  it still could be expected BUT it all worked before!! SO  if the "fixes"  are in place. WHAT was fixed?!

I wonder what's the difference between your system and others? For me IR works, 433 works, load-avg stays at about 0.6-0.8 even after four days etc etc. I don't know whether voice worked better before (I'm not a first-batch backer) and whether bluetooth worked before but I defintely see a lot of improvements between 0.8.17 and 0.8.20. So I wonder what process is goging through the roof of your Homey as I guess eliminating this problem will probably solve some of the other problems too...
  • @BasVanDenBosch ; Earlier the avg's were around 0.7 or at max 1.0 ...
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    ...bluetooth hasn't worked yet, it was promised though a month or so ago. Anyhow the way athom reacts is what really bugs me. Were talking about 433, IR etc, one of the prime functions of Homey. And every time they promise to fix it, it gets buggier. It's like they use half-baked sollutions or wrap arounds to fix something, instead of adressing the issue. 433 only worked flawlessly in 1 maybe 2 firmware versions. Ir for instance took them a few versions to figure out it wasn't working because its database couldn't connect to the server... etc etc. They are not testing it enough or thoroughly enough... Now it seems thats more policy then lack of time.

[edit]
    @BasVanDenBosch i'm pretty sure we have identical Homey's. :wink: Maybe you can help me with the avg load thing? Dissabling ALL apps and flows don't seem to change a thing. It stays high. Even after reboots over the last couple of days.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited March 2016
    Which apps do you have installed? I have
    * Random cat fact 0.01
    * Belkin WeMo 1.03
    * KlikAanKlikUit 1.014
    * Philips TV 0.1.0
    * YouTube 0.3.0
    * ThermoSmart 1.0.3
    * Buienradar 1.1.4
    * SoundCloud 0.1.9
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    Which apps do you have installed? I have
    * Random cat fact 0.01
    * Belkin WeMo 1.03
    * KlikAanKlikUit 1.014
    * Philips TV 0.1.0
    * YouTube 0.3.0
    * ThermoSmart 1.0.3
    * Buienradar 1.1.4
    * SoundCloud 0.1.9
    @BasVanDenBosch ;
    * KlikAanKlikUit 1.014
    * Philips TV 0.1.0
    * YouTube 0.3.0
    * Better Logic
    * Elro
    *Action
    *Wikipedia
    *Chromecast
    *IFFFT
    *Http request ...
    *Soundcloud

all latest versions
  • @MarcoWijk Have you tried completely reinstalling (including resetting all settings) after installing v 0.8.20 ? For me, that did the trick. 433mhz is working again and i haven't had 'blocking' problems since the full reset.

will have to see how things progress over the next couple of days though...
This discussion has been closed.