This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

voice recognition is slow

In the videos it seems the voice recognition is really slow.
If i compare it with may VocCommando which  use only local hardware without sending anything to amazons servers...
Hope it will get faster in future.

Comments

• Obviously it is slower compared to local software, but the response time is not that bad. It's actually better than I expected, definitely at this point.
  • Obviously it is slower compared to local software, but the response time is not that bad. It's actually better than I expected, definitely at this point.
    I hope so too and can't wait to test myself when my Homey is arrived..... :smile:
  • Well... looking at the video "behind the door" it seems to me that it takes 3 seconds for Homey to react.
    Whereas that may be faster than getting up and flipping a switch yourself, especially when scenes are used, it would be disastrous for communications where more choices are used:
    "homey, turn on the lights, please"
    3s. => "what color?"
    "something soft"
    3s. => "light blue"
    "no, rather, something warm"
    3s. => lights turn a warm glow

In this time (>10s), I can easily grab my phone, unlock it and set the color.... It is a rather simplistic example, but you get the idea....
This discussion has been closed.