This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

TP-LINK HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug

jwfchrisjwfchris Member
edited February 2016 in Devices
Hello,

There is a nice iBood deal today, but i was wondering if homey supports the TP-LINK HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug. It uses it's own network which is based on Wifi.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    If you also send one to us, we'll do our best to make it work ^.^
  • I guess nobody donated a TP-LINK HS100. Because there is another good IBood deal today and there is still no Homey app to support the device  :'( 
  • fooniacfooniac Member
    edited September 2016
    @Emile, the following links imply that the integration would be quite possible:
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/gpl-code.html -> HS100
    https://georgovassilis.blogspot.nl/2016/05/controlling-tp-link-hs100-wi-fi-smart.html

Let me know what is needed to get this supported.
  • is there a possibility to connect this Wifi plug?
  • Hi all,

I was inspired by the links provided, creating an app for the TP Link smartplugs appears to be straightforward and very similar to another app I created. 

I have just ordered an HS110 and I have the basic app in place. On/off functionality (which is all you need for the HS100) should work right off the bat, decoding energy usage for the HS110 and HS200 requires some additional coding. Once published I will post a message on the forum.

Regards, Anne
  • anneanne Member
    Hi all,

I have a working app for my TP Link HS110. I will be publishing it shortly (later this week I guess), I will post a message in the Apps forum.

Below you'll find screenshots from the HS110 mobile interface (with power usage output).

Regards, Anne

• Werk deze app ook voor de hs100 zo helemaal top zijn
  • anneanne Member
    Yes (without the energy monitoring option). I expect the HS200 switch will work as well, this will have to be verified by someone who owns one.
  • Nice work @anne!!
  • anneanne Member
    The app has been published in the App store, check it out: https://apps.athom.com/app/nu.baretta.tplink  :)

It's listed with the 'recently published apps' instead of the new apps for some reason :neutral:
  • helemaal top anne maar ik heb nog een klein vraagje zou het mogelijk zijn om het via de kassa app aantemelden en zo al je schakelaars aan temelden bij homey is maar een vraag he ik ben niet technisch onderlegd groet erik

• anneanne Member
    Hoi Erik,

Ik ben er vooral op uit om Homey meer functionaliteit te geven, ik zou eerder kijken naar functionaliteit die de Kasa app overbodig maakt. Los hiervan is het niet triviaal, je kunt via de TP link plugs wel wat informatie uit de TP cloud halen (en je bijv. aan- en afmelden van de cloud), maar er is geen API om tegen de cloud aan te programmeren. 

Verder is het toch makkelijk zat om je TP link devices aan Homey te koppelen? Ik wil  nog wel  kijken naar  een 'discover' feature, daar is een functie voor die ik op het moment niet gebruik in de app. 

English answer: "No." ;)  But I may look at adding a discover feature for adding plugs. 
  • Bedankt voor je uitleg 
  • Ik heb mijn hs110 gekoppeld aan de Homey.

Maar ik kan het energie verbruik niet aflezen.. Moet ik hier voor iets specifiek instellen?

Ik wil het verbruik graag kunnen koppelen aan bepaalde flows. Is dit mogelijk?
  • anneanne Member
    Zie je geen icoontjes voor stroomverbruik in de app? Dan gok ik dat je de hs100 ipv. de hs110 driver hebt geinstalleerd. Je kunt bij de apparaten de geinstalleerde TP link weggooien (kruisje linksboven op het apparaat icoon) en opnieuw installeren, en dan als HS110.

Je kunt het stroomverbruik in de app zien en bij 'apparaten' in de app. Bij flows kun je verschillende flowcards gebruiken die betrekken hebben op het energie verbruik (zie screenshot). 

• Dit is wat ik zie.. Ik zou het actuele verbruik toch ook moeten zien hier?
  • anneanne Member
    Ja, inderdaad. Er moet wel wat veranderen voordat er wat weergegeven wordt, maar meestal veranderd de spanning (helemaal rechts, even schuiven met de scrollbar) sowieso wel wat. Om de 10 seconden geeft de plug de status door (mits er iets veranderd is). 

Heb je wel iets aangesloten op de plug?
  • anne said:
    Ja, inderdaad. Er moet wel wat veranderen voordat er wat weergegeven wordt, maar meestal veranderd de spanning (helemaal rechts, even schuiven met de scrollbar) sowieso wel wat. Om de 10 seconden geeft de plug de status door (mits er iets veranderd is). 

Heb je wel iets aangesloten op de plug?

Ja er is een heleboel op aangesloten via een stekkerdoos. De KASA app zelf geeft wel alle informatie netjes weer.. Valt er nog iets te configureren wat ik eerst moet doen misschien?
  • anneanne Member
    edited March 2017
    The only bit that needs to be configured is the IP address of the plug. Just to confirm, switching the plug on and off works for you, right? If that's the case, there is nothing you can or need to configure differently.

I noticed this morning that when moving the plug to another socket updating the power measurement states hangs in some cases. Switching the plug off and on again (with the app, you may need to wait 20s in between, not sure yet) and the measurements should update again.

If you do not want to or can't switch off the plug, re-installing the app also works (no need to remove it, just click install again from the app-store). Or just restart the app in the Homey settings interface... It seems some re-initialization is needed to get the state-upates going again in the mobile display, apparently the insight data is updated. I will look into this. 

At the moment I am measuring the power usage of my tumble dryer, I just saw over 3200 W being reported :#! In my case actually the Kasa app doesn't report the power usage properly when going over 2000 W, it just reports '2...'...
  • anne said:
    The only bit that needs to be configured is the IP address of the plug. Just to confirm, switching the plug on and off works for you, right? If that's the case, there is nothing you can or need to configure differently.

I noticed this morning that when moving the plug to another socket updating the power measurement states hangs in some cases. Switching the plug off and on again (with the app, you may need to wait 20s in between, not sure yet) and the measurements should update again.

If you do not want to or can't switch off the plug, re-installing the app also works (no need to remove it, just click install again from the app-store). Or just restart the app in the Homey settings interface... It seems some re-initialization is needed to get the state-upates going again in the mobile display, apparently the insight data is updated. I will look into this. 

At the moment I am measuring the power usage of my tumble dryer, I just saw over 3200 W being reported :#! In my case actually the Kasa app doesn't report the power usage properly when going over 2000 W, it just reports '2...'...

Bedankt voor je reactie! Ook het omzetten van de switch gaat niet goed.. Er gebeurt niks.. Hoe kan ik het ip adres van de plug achterhalen? Ik kan dit niet vinden via de kasa app.. Maar hij geeft zelf al een ip adres aan, en zegt dat er een HS110 is gevonden.. Dus hij vindt hem wel..

Nog een suggestie? De app opnieuw installeren werkt helaas niet..
  • anneanne Member
    Hi Marcel,

Ah, ok. The Homey app currently does not do autodiscovery, you need to manually enter the LAN IP addres of the plug. You can find this on your router, or by scanning your LAN. Check the MAC address on the rear of the plug, it says something like: "MAC:50-C7-BF-00-B6-FF". Now log in to your router and check which IP addres has been assigned to this hardware address. 

The TP link plug sets up a connection to the cloud which is why Kasa can control it, this has nothing to do with the Homey app. 

Anyway, you need to find the local IP of the plug and configure it in Homey (click on the wrench icon to access the settings, no need to reinstall). 
  • Het is gelukt! Ik heb in de instellingen van mijn router het juiste ip adres opgezocht, en daar week af van wat er was ingesteld. Toen was het nog niet klaar, want ook de naam die je aan je device gegeven hebt moet schijnbaar overeen komen. Na dat te hebben gedaan werkte het!

Thanks voor het mee denken!
  • anneanne Member
    Mooi dat het werkt :-)

De naam in Homey maakt niet uit voor de communicatie met de plug, daar moet iets anders misgegaan zijn. Je kunt de naam veranderen door op de naam te klikken in het icoontje in de Homey 'apparaten' view, dat maakt voor de werking niet uit. Je kunt al je apparaten dezelfde naam geven mocht je dat willen. Maar goed, lekker belangrijk als het werkt ;-)
  • anne said:
    Mooi dat het werkt :-)

De naam in Homey maakt niet uit voor de communicatie met de plug, daar moet iets anders misgegaan zijn. Je kunt de naam veranderen door op de naam te klikken in het icoontje in de Homey 'apparaten' view, dat maakt voor de werking niet uit. Je kunt al je apparaten dezelfde naam geven mocht je dat willen. Maar goed, lekker belangrijk als het werkt ;-)

Haha zo is het! Nog wel één vraag.. Is het ook mogelijk om een flow zo in te stellen dat hij bij een bepaald wattage een actie uitvoert? Moet dat met die tags? Ik heb nog nooit begrepen hoe je die tags in homey nuttig kunt inzetten.. Zou je me dat kunnen uitleggen?
  • anneanne Member
    Yes and yes!

See the screenshot below. The trigger is a change in the amount of energy (W) supplied by the plug. You can use the 'logic' ('logica' in Dutch) flowcard to do something based on the value reported by the plug. You need to drag the label  (which contains the number of Watts the plug reported) from the trigger function to the other flowcards. 

Note that the drag and drop action can be tricky in the desktop app, for me it works better when using Google Chrome.

In the mean time I have found some bugs, among others with the LED on/off function (the bug being that it didn't work in the version I submitted :D), and I am adding a feature to reset the power meter so you can use this in flows as well. This way you can for instance measure the powerconsumption over a certain time period, or from a certain moment. 

• anne said:
    Yes and yes!

See the screenshot below. The trigger is a change in the amount of energy (W) supplied by the plug. You can use the 'logic' ('logica' in Dutch) flowcard to do something based on the value reported by the plug. You need to drag the label  (which contains the number of Watts the plug reported) from the trigger function to the other flowcards. 

Note that the drag and drop action can be tricky in the desktop app, for me it works better when using Google Chrome.

In the mean time I have found some bugs, among others with the LED on/off function (the bug being that it didn't work in the version I submitted :D), and I am adding a feature to reset the power meter so you can use this in flows as well. This way you can for instance measure the powerconsumption over a certain time period, or from a certain moment. 

AWESOME! Thanks a lot for all your help! My Homey experience is getting better and better. What a fantastic product.. And with version 1.2.0 for the door, with a lot of cool features it's going to better and better aswell!!
  • powermarcel10powermarcel10 Member
    edited April 2017

Hi, I have another question!

I want that if the energy on the plug is more than 100watt, than there goes a ir signal to my logitech z-5500 set to power it on. That is working, but it keeps doing that as long as there is more than 100 watt used.. So, on, off, on, off, etc.. How can I change this? So that it is doing it only 1 time, and only if the power has dropped under the 100 watt, and goes up again to more than 100, it will trigger it again?

Hope you can help me!

• anneanne Member
    You can set a Better Logic (boolean) variable to indicate that the flow has already triggered. If variable = true do nothing, if variable = false, fire the IR command and set the variable to true. 

Alternatively you can use a countdown timer ('zandloper') to prevent short dips in power from triggering the flow again. Turn over zandloper when power goes over 100W. If it goes below 100W while the countdown is still running, do nothing, if countdown is finished do something (exactly how depends on what you want to achieve, hopefully you get the idea ;-)
  • anne said:
    You can set a Better Logic (boolean) variable to indicate that the flow has already triggered. If variable = true do nothing, if variable = false, fire the IR command and set the variable to true. 

Alternatively you can use a countdown timer ('zandloper') to prevent short dips in power from triggering the flow again. Turn over zandloper when power goes over 100W. If it goes below 100W while the countdown is still running, do nothing, if countdown is finished do something (exactly how depends on what you want to achieve, hopefully you get the idea ;-)

Thanks for your suggestion.. Problem is that I don't understand the whole better logic or countdown thing.. Can you give me an example or tell e how to add this?
  • anneanne Member
    Sure, see the example flow in the screenshot below:

In the flow a 'TV-aan' boolean (true/false) Better Logic variable is used, which you can create in the Better Logic settings. The flow will only be executed if the state of the TV-aan variable is 'False'. This means that once turned on, this flow will not turn the Logitech sound system off as long as the variable is 'True'.

This in turn also means you need to add another flow/action to turn your sound system off. You can probably detect when the TV is turned off by the energy measured by the plug going well below 100 W. All you need to do then is set the 'TV-aan' variable to false:

Regards, Anne