This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

In this topic you can discuss the 0.8.20 firmware version.

Bugs\issues please at: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues

Comments

• I have still some trouble...

Is it worth a try to reset Homey to factory?

• I noticed that I am able to connect private wifi network; so the recovery bundle has also been updated (see can't connect to wifi) Solving my password issue...  :)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I noticed that I am able to connect private wifi network; so the recovery bundle has also been updated (see can't connect to wifi) Solving my password issue...  :)
    Awesome! Recovery has indeed been updated.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited February 2016
    Emile said:
    I noticed that I am able to connect private wifi network; so the recovery bundle has also been updated (see can't connect to wifi) Solving my password issue... 
    Awesome! Recovery has indeed been updated.
    Big thanks for that!
    I was trying to post an update at [HELP] My Homey does not connect to my Wi-Fi network but I noticed that the announcements section is "off limits" for us... 
  • The Netatmo app is still not working for me :( 
    Shall I add an issue in github at com.netatmo?
  • That's what it's for ;)
  • My Homey is still on 0.8.17. How do I get it to upgrade to this version?
    Just tried via Recovery Mode, it says my Homey is up to date.
  • can anyone add zwave ?   tried fibaro plug and TKBHome switch but stuck on interview 1 off 1 
  • My Homey is still on 0.8.17. How do I get it to upgrade to this version?
    Just tried via Recovery Mode, it says my Homey is up to date.
    See 0.8.18 thread, Unticking auto update did the trick
  • Will test tomorrow! No homey with me :(
  • @Emile Unfortunately the issue related to driver autocomplete flow cards not passing the device to the event handler (#234) remains in 0.8.20 (experimental).
  • Well, 'ok homey' is still not working for me.  I can not get him to trigger on it, whether I'm far away or close by, I talk soft or loud, ...  :(

Voice training doesn't recognize a single attempt, now the ring just keeps spinning red, so I had to reboot the Homey, since there is no cancel button on the training.  :/
  • @Fire69 I have the same problem wondering what could be the problem  :'(

Me - Homey - network - something else
  • Can't be network I guess, the 'ok homey' trigger is something that is processed locally as far as I know...
    Don't think it's me either.  The first day I had my Homey it did work, but if I recall correctly I still had the .14 firmware then...
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited February 2016
    I have the same experience guys! I'm beginning to think the microphone is to sensitive. After the first time calibrating with the .20 version it was worse ever! After completed the voice training (think I yelled in every possible way to Homey) it responded to every sound, even when it was almost silent (except the soft noice of the refrigerator) it was activated. After a complete reset (unbrick method) and not restoring any setting it performs a little bit better but still not acceptable at all!! I am curious what others do to make Homey work! In the mean time I pulled the plug and give it a moment to take a very deep breath. 

For the time being maybe Athom can build a button controlled interface so flows can activated via buttons instead of speech recognition. Less fancy but maybe we can use Homey and test its capabilities of controlling all our devices at home...

please read all above as constructive ideas....
  • Martijn said:
    For the time being maybe Athom can build a button controlled interface so flows can activated via buttons instead of speech recognition. Less fancy but maybe we can use Homey and test its capabilities of controlling all our devices at home...
    We need this anyway, as requested as virtual devices.. the ability to activate flows etc.. as a device rather than via speech which for me still doesn't work?
  • Incidentally, speech recognition still seems like it recognises me fine, but just doesn't respond to anything. So I can do "ok homey" 2 or 3 times and it shows it heard me with the orange ring, then it goes white after my next part then back to normal. Then after that it seems too busy to listen to me any more and "ok homey" does nothing. If I wait a little it then starts working again. Seems like it gets stuck to me.
  • Thanks for the great update! The only reason why I am still awake is this fabolous update! (And that I've got off now :wink:  )

I did manage to get these working:
    - Netatmo Welcome greets every known person who arrives at home. (Thanks to IFTTT)

- I was able to learn Homey my vacuum robots IR-Remote. So I can dynamicly manage the schedule now (starting it when I'm leaving)

- I was able to learn Homey my LGTV-Remote (btw: the LGwebOS App still isn't working) and combined it with the nice Youtube- and Chromecast App! Now I can say that I would like to watch a video on youtube and Homey turns on my tv, switches input and starts the desired video.

Almost all of my ever imagined "Homey Usecases" are working now. The only ones missing is an 433mHz-LearningMode and Thermostats.
    Tomorrow I am going to try some IFTTT-Deezer/Spotify flows.
    And maybe record a video of these features. :wink: 

Great work Athom! I am enormous impressed! I take my hat off to you, guys!

<3

Gn8  o:)
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited February 2016
    Feels like I'm missing a trick here.. Homey appears to understand "ok homey" but does nothing else for me following at one brief point a week or so back it did for about 30mins or so. I had a spell of it appearing to respond to pretty much every request, at least a 'hello' test flow I set up, and asking the time. Since then regardless of restarts, full power off/on and this update it still only seems to respond to "ok homey" then do nothing? what changed??.

EDIT. Sorry my point being I'm sensing some have this working such as the comment above! So is voice working for a few people now?
  • Fire69 said:
    Well, 'ok homey' is still not working for me.  I can not get him to trigger on it, whether I'm far away or close by, I talk soft or loud, ...  :(

Voice training doesn't recognize a single attempt, now the ring just keeps spinning red, so I had to reboot the Homey, since there is no cancel button on the training.  :/
    Same issue here...
    Was working ok-ish with 0.8.17.

Started to have some issues (not reacting on voice) after installing 0.8.20; so I decided to do a full erase of settings and now voice training indeed looks like even reacting to the ticking of the wall clock at the other side of the room..

is there.already a GitHub issue made to contribute to?
  • Still working pretty decent here as well. I think about 70% of my command are understood. Hey Homey seems to do a little better than OK Homey.

Have to test it a little more but a lot of other stuff works for me as well. Something that needs more work is managing the zwave network.
  • So my Homey is upgraded and I was able to do a little testing.

- RFXcon Transceiver keeps working now after a Reboot.

- Adding IR devices is working as well

- “OK Homey” Still not recognized, how to fix this ?

- Zwave : My Greenwave modules keep blinking green.... Need polling for that. I have almost 30 of these so it's on big green blinking show...

Will do some more testing tonight.

• just installed 8.20,

The voice commands that did work (turn the livingroom lights on / What time is it) arent working annymore :(

But I can turn the lights down, so now I can leave it on at night  without beeing afraid that aliens are invading the livingroom at night.
  • just installed 8.20,

The voice commands that did work (turn the livingroom lights on / What time is it) arent working annymore :(

But I can turn the lights down, so now I can leave it on at night  without beeing afraid that aliens are invading the livingroom at night.
    Same here. Try reinstalling your voices, that worked for me. Well, Homey now understands commands that I input through the speech-input manager. Whenever I talk to him he doesn't respond
  • Same problem over here. Now my girlfriend has got 2 things in house that doesn't listen to her
  • Thankfully Homey can be fixed
  • RikPost said:
    Same problem over here. Now my girlfriend has got 2 things in house that doesn't listen to her
    Hahah, yesterday i ordered a automated curtainrail, she said she didn't think we needed it so i couldn't order it, but i ordered it, she said so you simply don't listen to me... 

It is a hard world for her sometimes...
  • like to see a value for generic alarm so je can use it with logic else you need to flows on an off
  • Well the first thing I can say that is fixed is the infrared . It recognized my tv after a few button clicks. 
    Easy and flawless :) 
  • JesperJesper Member
    edited February 2016
    Improvements in 0.8.20 for me
    - Homey talks :) In the previous version (0.8.17) it lost his tongue I think ;)
    - Recognition of Hey Homey or Okay Homey is now better. However, still not super
    - What's the date and what's the time command work
    - Pairing IR remotes works perfect for me. For the logitech Z5500 I used the manual pairing method.
    - IFTTT works perfect. You are even able to create widgets (DO buttons) with IFTTT to trigger flows on your phone. This is a nice work around (it's a little bit slow using IFTTT) until Athom creates this function for the app. 
    - Rebooting Homey without 50 error messages

Still needs improvement:
    - Voice commands other than time and date. When using other voice command it always fails to understand me correctly. However, when I use my GFs phone (S4 mini) I'm able to send other voice commands and they work pretty good. My S6 is still not able to receive voice command in the app.
    - Homey is now also sending IR signals. However, it send the signal multiple times. So when I want it to switch my television on it switches the tv on and back off again most of the times. Is there a way to force Homey to only send the IR command once?

This discussion has been closed.