This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Nefit Easy thermostat support

hrchrc Member
edited February 2016 in Ideas & Suggestions
Annyone care to create a nefit easy thermostat integration with Homey?
unfortunately my programmering skills are not on par to create support for this.
I did find out that this guy created a client for the nefit easy thermostat.
regards
henk

Comments

• rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited February 2016
    I want to try to create it once I receive my homey (preorder) but no guarantees...

[edit: damn you autocorrect]
  • hrchrc Member
    edited February 2016
    That would be Great thanks!
  • Thanks for the tip on the nodejs project. Will definitely save me a lot of work.
  • We have been in touch with Nefit ourselves. The Dutch office is really enthusiastic, but the Main Headquarters is kind of unresponsive/slow with opening anything up, so if you guys can give it a go that would be great! The github link @hrc linked to seems deprecated though, and is replaced by https://github.com/robertklep/nefit-easy-commands for the functionality Homey uses, I believe.
  • I am also waiting for my pre order Homey!
    If you are finding the time and you need a beta tester i am available :)
  • FYI, I have been inquiring about API support for Nefit Easy this week. This because my current boiler only supports iRT for modulating. No OpenTherm bridge/convertor is available for iRT (Nefit proprietary modulating protocol). Nefit Easy DOES support this though. So if I want the keep my boiler modulating, whilst still integrating with Homey, Nefit Easy needs some sort of API. Last information I got today from Nefit (sorry about the Dutch):

Nefit is recent begonnen met ondersteuning te bieden aan IFTTT. Er is echter geen publieke API en er wordt niet verwacht dat dit er op termijn zal komen vanuit Nefit.

Er zijn echter wel ontwikkelingen hierin vanuit Nefit Easy gebruikers met programmeerkennis. Op het forum www.tweakers.net kunt u een aantal discussies vinden waar tools zijn ontwikkeld en verder worden ontwikkeld om de Nefit Easy te koppelen aan systemen als Domoticz. Nefit is op de hoogte van deze ontwikkelingen en houdt ze vooralsnog niet tegen. Wij willen wel waarschuwen voor experimenten met software van derden. Onbestaande verzoeken aan de Easy thermostaat kunnen het apparaat laten crashen. Experimenteren is daardoor voor eigen risico.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards 
  • Stefan said:
    We have been in touch with Nefit ourselves. The Dutch office is really enthusiastic, but the Main Headquarters is kind of unresponsive/slow with opening anything up, so if you guys can give it a go that would be great! The github link @hrc linked to seems deprecated though, and is replaced by https://github.com/robertklep/nefit-easy-commands for the functionality Homey uses, I believe.
    Thanks Stefan for the correct link!
  • I can look into this if you guys want. It should work with my with a few modifications to my other thermostat app :)

But I don't own a thermostat, so I need someone to run some test code for me or provide access. 
  • hrchrc Member
    edited February 2016
    Crunch said:
    I can look into this if you guys want. It should work with my with a few modifications to my other thermostat app

But I don't own a thermostat, so I need someone to run some test code for me or provide access. 
    Hi Crunch, i have a nefit easy thermostat and willing to do some tests for you!
  • hrc said:
    Crunch said:
    I can look into this if you guys want. It should work with my with a few modifications to my other thermostat app :)

Hi Crunch, i haven nefit easy thermostat and willing to do some tests for you!
    Great, when I have some test code ready I will contact you :)
  • Just as an heads-up, our contact at Nefit Netherlands does not expect official progress until May.
  • Any update on the Nefit Easy app?
  • Is there any insight in how long it'll take before there is an official app for nefit easy?

I'm thinking about buying a nefit easy.
  • I bought one 2 months ago. Basic functions are working in the unofficial app today. Have no complaints so far. Just one little thing, the temperature reporting is rounded up/down in 0.5 degrees what could be giving a little offset if you use 0.1 degree steps on your Nefit Easy.

Love the app today made some advanced flows that work as expected :smile: 
  • I bought one 2 months ago. Basic functions are working in the unofficial app today. Have no complaints so far. Just one little thing, the temperature reporting is rounded up/down in 0.5 degrees what could be giving a little offset if you use 0.1 degree steps on your Nefit Easy.

Love the app today made some advanced flows that work as expected :smile: 
    Ah super, thanks for sharing your experience. Although this helps me crossing the line. I'm still not very sure about buying a nefit easy or go for the nest v3.

Does someone have an opinion about this matter?
  • Also bought and installed a nefit easy, perfect!
  • Hi, the Nefit easy connection is lost for a few days. Resarting the thermostat and homey dit not do the trick.
    Has someone a sugestion?
    THX!