This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

My Homey has Gille de la Tourrette

As I mentioned in earlier post, my Homey sttarts talking randomly after I restored the voice to the standard one. So I thought it is a nice way to kill time until 0.8.18 and 0.8.19 arrive to remember the funny things Homey sais. That keeps us from complaining about the bad situation.

I must say I do have a parrot flow active.

Ok, homey, tell a chuck norris joke.
Homey: No.

Ok Homey, what's the weather
Homey: Maybe

Randomly homey says all kind of 'Ok, thanks', 'thanks', 'Ok'

My wife who was alone with homey and homey started to talk, started to play. Ok Homey, what's the weather. Homey: 'What's the weather'. (While it should tell about the weather.) And it does understand her, while Homey was not trained for her voice.

Ok Homey, Rene is a nice guy
Homey: 'We'll see.' (This was the funniest so far I guess.)

So please add your experience  and funny remarks.

Comments

• Hilarious, mine is more of a silent type ... :smile: 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016

Mine barely speaks. Orange ring when the Ok Homey finaly respons, then once in 15 times i get a response when asking something.

Theres still a lot of work to be done for the Homeys Freedom of Speech

• I was just doing some testing with "testing, one, two"... Homey is panicking :smiley: 
  • mruiter said:

Mine barely speaks. Orange ring when the Ok Homey finaly respons, then once in 15 times i get a response when asking something.

Theres still a lot of work to be done for the Homeys Freedom of Speech

This topic is supposes to be fun.  Everybody knows already there a problems with speech (mine also), no need to kill the fun in here  ;)

First day I had my Homey, out of the blue it said 'Ik wist niet dat ik een test had vandaag. Ben ik geslaagd?'  :p
  • I just installed the new CouchPotato app and trying to add a movie. When I aks Homey to add a movie it tells me:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cant do that"

Who the hell is Dave? :smile: 
  • ReneBoeijeReneBoeije Member
    edited February 2016
    During a dutch program (dwdd) the subject was about cameron and johnson homey commented 'no politics please'.

• During a dutch program (dwdd) the subject was about cameron and johnson homey commented 'no politics please'.

Awesome.. I would buy for this feature alone :smiley: 
  • Oh yeah, gille de la tourette is really funny. Let's post jokes about it!
  • Yesterday my homey runs wild. The app Buienradar has never worked. I have made two flows for detecting rain. 

All of a sudden homey repeatedly executes these two flows. He speaks the two sentences and fire endless notifications to my phone.
    In fact, it was a bit scary. 
    Finally I deleted these two flows. Is homey sometimes a bit stubborn, a little monster with its own opinion? Maybe, someone can make a horror movie with homey?  :D
  • I do not make fun about gdlt itself! (There are variations of the disease and one is that you can't prevent to talk without a reason. That is a property of current homeys as well. No judgement.)
  • Touret Syndrome is a serious disease. I talk about Runaway Homey, the runaway robot (een op hol geslagen machine).
  • Maybe, someone can make a horror movie with homey?  :D
    I'm plannig of making an escaperoom with Homey in it. Who knows what Homey will do with those who enter the room  >:)
  • "I insist that you are right". 
    I hope once 0.18 is out, @emile can explain what went wrong with the speach module. And apparently it is bigger than expected, as AFAIK it is still not in beta.
  • In a few days it will be released to beta he said on Slack
  • Fire69 said:
    In a few days it will be released to beta he said on Slack
    Yes, but as you know Emiel also mentioned last friday it would be released on that friday. Still not clear what are the showstoppers. (Assuming it is more than one.) We patiently wait.
  • Ok Homey, what's the weather (09.20)
    Homey: Open unit tomorrow. 
    So that's all I have to do I guess. And wait for next instruction. 'Replace chip 5A'
This discussion has been closed.