This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• So that would mean we wouldn't have to install it from the app store, and it would be available directly when installing a new device (like ir or z-wave)? 
  • Instead of installing the app, you'll add a device, so yes.
  • @brinkie ;
    By 'installing a device' you mean installing the harmony hub? 
  • Thanks for all your effort @brinkie !
    Very much appreciated! :heart: 
  • I wonder why they want you to do it like that. Hue also has a hub and they made an app for that themselves 

Anyway, you have our full support!  :)
  • Moek said:
    Thanks for all your effort y@brinkie !
    Very much appreciated! heart 

same from me
  • Jon said:
    @brinkie ;
    By 'installing a device' you mean installing the harmony hub? 
    Yes, or two or three ;)
  • Keep it up brinkie, this will probably only make it more awesome!
  • Keep up the good work Brinkie, it's a nice job you're doing :smile: 
  • Very nice Brinkie, this app or driver is essential for me to order an homy, i just want a fully integration of my av equipment.
  • New version of the app has been submitted to the App Store. I'm very much looking forward to your first experiences with it :)

• So are we!  :#
  • Bumblez said:
    Awesome! So starting/stopping activities already works. Is there anything planned for specific Device support through Harmony as well (though I know that's considerably more complicated, as there can be so many different functions in devices) ?.

I just added this to the backlog (here). You can also check my progress there or download the repo to run the app in debug mode on your Homey.

By now I know I can iterate over devices managed by the Hub and probably the supported commands as well. Sounds promissing, doesn't it? :)

• Very, very nice
  • hnijveen said:
    Very, very nice

You already tried it? :smiley:
  • Installing node.js right now, I can't wait anymore to install it from the app store :smiley: 
  • Can't find it in the appstore... Is it gone?
  • Can't find it in the appstore... Is it gone?
    It's currently under approval. Currently you can only sideload it using the devtools.

• Fire69 said:
    Installing node.js right now, I can't wait anymore to install it from the app store :smiley: 
    Lol!
  • So I have node.js and athom-cli installed and I logged in.  Now what? :smile: 
  • download the code from the repo and:

athom project --run

:)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Uploading....

[Edit]
    Added my hub without any problems! :smiley: 

Going to try a flow now :smile: 
  • Now I can't wait...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    I saw you had some problems with the drop-down list for the activities.  You had to use autocomplete?

When I add the card, how should I select the activity?  When I start typing, there is no autocomplete.

[edit]
    So, I made a flow with trigger 'you said something' with text 'TV Aan' and your flow card 'start een activiteit' with 'Watch TV'.
    When I use the test button, my activity starts, so that's working perfectly! :smiley: 

But when I use /speech-input (since my 'ok homey' isn't working at all...) and I say or type 'TV aan', nothing happens.
    Should it try lowercase everywhere? Think I saw a bug about that also...
  • Autocomplete is not yet implemented, because of a bug in Homey (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/234). For now you just type the name of the activity exactly as it appears on your remote or in the app. Note this is case sensitive! 
  • It just became available in the app store :wink: 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm not sure on the speech part. My Homey's also doesn't work and I currently don't use it. But if it runs when you're testing the flow, then you're on your way :)
  • Phuturist said:
    It just became available in the app store :wink: 
    Damn it! :smiley: 
  • Phuturist said:

Ok, nice!
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:
    Damn it! :smiley: 
    You beat everybody else, @Fire96 ;)