This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

ZIPATILE looks pretty Awesome!

Would be great to control Homey from this wall panel. It's running on Android.

https://www.zipato.com/product/zipatile/ see website for more info.

https://youtu.be/NFHE6MXvcW4

Comments

• Also very interesting their rule editor : https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/rule-creator/

• Zipato is one of the best on this market. If it would have 433MHz and IR...
    Or the modular Zipato would have IR and Bluetooth.
  • I was just planning to post the same. Wow does this look gorgeous!!
    For me this comes very close to what I see as the perfect interface to have on my wall. I really hope that Athom will come with something similar. If not I hope it will be open and supportive enough to create something with the community.
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016
    With my Vera 3 i use Homewave, build by a dutch guy.
    It is very configurable and can probably do what the mentioned app can do.
    He developed this as a user. 
    Is there a developer on this forum who can do the same for Homey?
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11135.0.html
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14046.msg236874.html#msg236874

A French gentlemen developed MyVera.
    You will be able to place lights, thermostats, curtains, temperatures etc on a floorplan of your house. Also a user. Who will pick up the challenge?
    https://sbdomotique.wordpress.com/category/tutoriel/
  • PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited February 2016
    Funny how everybody has a different taste :).

I tried HomeWave and it just hurt my eyes. It's too bloody ugly. It also takes quite some tinkering with the app before you have these screens built. Not very intuitive. Definitely *not* for the end user, IMHO.

About the Zipalite: yes and no. It's a nice idea, but it's expensive and it can only do so much. I don't know, seems too limited to me. I would've rather have a screen that's more configurable I guess. In other words: no, it doesn't blow me away, yet. But that might change :).

So far, from my experience, I want my home automation to just work. Interaction as limited as possible. By using sensors and smart flows, most should go automatically. What attracts me in Homey is the addition of speech, which could be very natural, and the flow editor and the fact they (will) support so many different standards. Integration is key.
  • What got me exited when I saw the Zipatile was the looks. Very neat and very modern. You don't see this a lot nowadays. The Homewave and MyVera are both really ugly and seem a bit technical in my opinion.
    If you look at the zipatile also all the added sensors and functionality looks great. Would be great if you could link this to a Homey.
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016
    You can let the Homewave display's look exactly like the Zipatile example if you want.
    indeed it will cost some time but thats the consequence of configuration "voor elk wat wils"

I did not mention Homewave and MyVera for someones opinion of the looks, but to challenge a developper to build something with the same possibilities for Homey. 

I encurage it to be configurable since every user will have a personal vision of the perfect display and not nesseceary like a system that is preconfigured. 

I would like a personalized display on the wall in my living room with all sensor and actor data from my house and I believe I'm not the only one. Not for nothing Toon is gaining popularity however a standard  view so someone may not like it. Unfortunately I do not have the competencies to program something like this but have no objection to personalisation. 
  • honey said:
    Zipato is one of the best on this market. If it would have 433MHz and IR...
    Or the modular Zipato would have IR and Bluetooth.
    For a certain group of users the Zipato works just fine. But If you are a demanding user the system has its limits. (The new license model doesn't make it better) The more demanding users often started with a cheap Zipato and sold it later for either a Vera of Fibaro HC they can program in more dept. And with new systems like the Homey, even more should be possible. Calling the Zipato one of the best in the market... probably not for the type of users buying Homey's.

The ZipaTile looks usefull to me as an additional user interface. In that case it has to run besides my primary controller. Looking at the amount of virtual devices I currently use, I doubt I will be able to control them from a Zipatile. And with a new Homey on the way.... It's better to wait for now. But it sure does look good.. even if its not a very big display.
  • I'm also interested in a control panel app for a tablet. Hopefully the Homey app will move into a direction like this in the future... *hint *hint.
  • Is there any news if this can be used with Homey?
    I'm looking for something like this because my house is pretty modern looking and I want a sleek designed touchpanel.
    Or can someone suggest me an other product?

• I'm building my own website to control and read out Homey. Because I make it myself, I think it's pretty nice and user friendly  o:)
  • tunftunf Member
    Adn then use a simple phablet or so on windows/ android or so.

@Petergroeneweg will you make an app so we all can benefit?
  • DenWDenW Member
    I'm building my own website to control and read out Homey. Because I make it myself, I think it's pretty nice and user friendly  o:)
    Good idea Peter. That's probably what I'll be doing too. Any screenshots you care to share?
  • btwvincebtwvince Member
    edited March 2016
    @PeterGroeneweg great to hear that! 
    Can we see a preview?  o:) 
  • I am really interested in the technique behind it. Is there some Homey API (other then the API from the BetterLogic app) that unlocks Homey's features for this kind of 3rd party dashboards. And in what programming language are you developing this dashboard?
  • Lesley said:
    . It's running on Android.

Nice, but if its running on Andriod isnt that a security flaw with time ?
  • wimpywimpy Member
    No more developments?
    Last amendment was over a year ago.
    Still feel the homey interface is a not finished, and the homey dash app has almost no progress.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @wimpy
    athom themselves is working on dashboards, see a few status updates ago (april 28th) and also 2 more updates above it.

the biggest wait right now for most outside developers to create dashboard support for homey, is the homey "API key", which will make it saver and easier to create dashboards/support for homey.
  • wimpywimpy Member
    caseda said:
    @wimpy
    athom themselves is working on dashboards, see a few status updates ago (april 28th) and also 2 more updates above it.

the biggest wait right now for most outside developers to create dashboard support for homey, is the homey "API key", which will make it saver and easier to create dashboards/support for homey.
    Waiting for that patiently, as I would like to wall mount a tablet and then have a nice interface on that everybody can work with. At the moment the 1.2.2 firmware is incredibly slow with zwave and many of the flows hang in homey dash.
    So would appreciate some work on this, at the moment even thinking of switching to a zipatile.