This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Philips Hue Tap

Is the Philips Hue Tap supported as an input device? I don't see it in the connected devices?  The Tap is succesfully turning lights on and off, but without Homey's interference ( and Homey doesn't detect the change in light as well, so I can't use that as an workaround)

Comments

• Hue taps uses Zigbee and Zigbee isn't supported yet. 
  • I don't think you can even see the Hue tap from Philips' Hue API. You might be able to see it in Zigbee Light Link but I don't know how that protocol works, and Athom's current implementation talks via the Philips bridge.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2016
    Until the Zigbee Light Link Protocol (API) is implemented (which will take a while, probably even a few months).
    Homey will just be a Remote for the Hue Hub nothing more, nothing less.

Once the it is implemented it will be possible to see the Hue Tap as an input device, even for not Hue related things.

It does seem the tap uses a different ZigBee (Pro) protocol, my bad.
  • Hue taps uses the ZigBee Green Power-protocol. I have no idea if tap will work if homey only supports light link. 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ate you sure about that? Normally all Hue-related hardware uses ZLL.

Edit:
    Hm, you seem to be right. Interesting, didn't know the hub supported more than 1 protocol... 

I doubt the Taps will work with Homey then if they don't implement ZGP
  • Google is your friend :wink: 
  • As far as i can google :-) 
    The hue dimmer works with ZLL and I cannot use it as an input for homey via the bridge, but I can use it when ZLL  is  supported by homey 
    is this correct? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited February 2016
    http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/JN-UG-3095.pdf
    Does Homey support a 2.4 Ghz-chipset? Bluetooth works on this frequency, doesn't it?
This discussion has been closed.