This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey is ready, show it!

The last update(17) told us Homey is ready:
For as far as we know, our work is done, and now it's up to the injection mold manufacturer to create the casings.
When get we homey to see?

Comments

• +1 I would love to see some extended video of the different functions. For example setting up a flow, switch lights via the app (voice and touch), switch via hardware buttons and ill stop here, you get the point...

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Haha, our work isn't done. Just for the casing part :-) We're still developing full-time!

Homey's internal auto-updater gives us more time, so the first firmware has to be finished júst before you unpack your Homey :)
  • OK, the case is ready; show it as an full functional and working Homey :)

All we have seen are some renders, open homey's with bug fixes/patches on the pcb, etc

Show us an homey!
    The second PCB will be made within a few weeks, because there really was no need to make a second iteration because we could fix everything on the PCB. Is there anything specific you'd like to see?
  • Would be neat to see how devices get added (can that still be done like in the demo from a while back where Stefan did it via voice?) and some general voice interaction stuff or Plex stuff perhaps :)
  • I just want to see an fully assembled and working homey from all angles and things like;
    - Hey Homey; please clean the room!
    - Hey Homey; is cold here, turn up the HVAC
    - Hey Homey; "just an random scene that's doing several things in sequence"

Show us Homey.
  • You're being a bit rude, you forgot to say the magic word ;)
  • JonJon Member
    @marcof your way of speaking sounds a bit autistic to me ;)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2015
    ok, i'm wrong, i'm sorry.

I will wait.

[edit]
    Probably i'm the only one how thinks its strange that Homey is not shown to us.
    The only things we seen for the past months are;
    - renders,
    - faulty PCB's
    - some short movies
    - lots of awesome pics of celebrating Athom's wins
    - Cebit "news" and pics

Now there's an "announcement" that the case is ready and.......

I believe that Cebit visitors have seen more (action) of Homey then we backers...

I've not seen an fully assembled and working Homey, working smartphone apps, interaction between devices (light switch turning on light, IR remote skipping Spotify track, etc)

But again, i'm sorry and i will wait.

Homey got 17 updates since project launch 11 months ago.
    I'm on other indiegogo projects where i see much more project updates. One project gave us 13 updates since launch (2 months ago) and that's awesome :)
  • JonJon Member
    edited April 2015
    @MarcoF, i understand and share your eagerness. But I rather see Emile and his team commit their time to making the final product (and apps, site, service) more awesome than to creating awesomess project updates.

Personally, I think there are enough updates (and this forum, Facebook posts) etcetera to keep my eagerness satisfied for now.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2015
    There's nothing wrong with asking for updates, but please just do it in a nice way...

I backed the Almond+ 2 years ago, got it a year later, with something like a 6 month delay, and now after having it for a year, the software is still crap and barely usable. :(

So, from what I've already seen Homey do, we should be glad they got this far already :)
    Tweakers.net will come by next Wednesday to film, so we'll have some demo things ready then. It just takes some time to set it up, so that's why we can't just "show a demo" :-)
  • That sounds great, can't week to see their 'preview'! :)
  • I thinks is kind of funny :)

For Cebit visitors there where demo's
    A new demo is created for Tweakers.net

And backers need to beg for more info, demo's, etc.

Keep up the good work and hope to receive Homey soon :)
    At Cebit we had the demo that was also shown in the last video. For Tweakers, it's just coincidental that when they drop by we have something more to show.
  • And besides, an update for tweakers means an update for us as well! :)
  • JonJon Member
    Man, MarcoF, you really are paranoid..!!
    You know there are proper medical treatments to that, don't you ? ;)
  • @Jonathan LoL

Happy easter man! Hope to receive Homey soon!
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Tweakers.net will come by next Wednesday to film, so we'll have some demo things ready then. It just takes some time to set it up, so that's why we can't just "show a demo" :-)
    So how was the film shoot? Will it be online anything soon or did they not elaborate on that? Should be some solid promotion for Homey!

It was fun! They said the video will probably be online on Saturday. Of course we'll share it :)
  • Here Autistic MarcoF again (@Jonathan I took my medicines (klein pilletje was genoeg))

Great video guys!!

We already cleared Homey's place in the living room :D
    :D
  • JonJon Member
    Lol @marcof! This pill I hope for you?
This discussion has been closed.